whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Anyone gonna back Newcastle to get relegated?

I think they'll continue this awful form (8 losses in a row) especially since they're having trouble with defenders (3 out for the next 2 games. 1 injured, 2 suspended)

The only problem is, with 3 games left, for Newcastle (35 points) to be relegated, it means the teams below (Leicester (34), Hull (34) and Sunderland (33 points, extra game in hand)) need to all win. Is this likely?

Newcastle fixtures:
    West Brom (H)
    QPR (A)
    West Ham (H)

Leicester fixtures:
    Soton (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    QPR (H)

Hull fixtures:
    Burnley (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Man U (H)

Sunderland fixtures:
    Everton (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Chelsea (A)

Newcastle have the easiest fixtures, but an awful run of form that looks likely to continue. Leicester are in great form and should avoid relegation (I can see them getting 5 points from the last 3 games). Hull should be able to get at least 4, however Sunderland could struggle here, getting a point from Everton and Leicester, and maybe a point from the final game against a Chelsea team with nothing to play for.

What do you guys think? Usually I wouldn't bother with a market like this, but the odds of 5/1 look decent for a team in such bad form.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Like you said, Sunderland's the biggest worry, but never underestimate a team fighting to avoid relegation... unless there are internal troubles like at Newcastle. The pay is good, I like it.

One thing to consider, will John Carver stay after their next game? They should be thrashed and he might not stay, even though the club has stated he will stay for the rest of the season despite the poor form. If they change managers again, Newcastle should be safe with two games to go.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

WBA is already safe so what will be their mental state of mind in this game.

Newcastle probably just need a win to be safe. Can't see Sunderland getting more points than them with the fixtures they have. I will say they get 3 points at most.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think Newcastle win today and by that pretty much secure play in PL next year. Last game was the blowout for NUFC and now it's turning around.

whareouttogetme

Things just got interesting...

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

getter getz it

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Line absolutely steaming towards Newcastle to win, why? Because Sunderland win putting more pressure on them?

whareouttogetme

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    Line absolutely steaming towards Newcastle to win, why? Because Sunderland win putting more pressure on them?
    Probably a combination of "Newcastle need a win now" and people trying to win back money they lost on Everton losing.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Newcastle dominating the match, with their luck it will probably end in a draw or worse though.