Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post

Holland produce good players, but when was the last time they won anything worth mentioning? Wikipidia states 1988 EC. Probably a better example will be Uruguay.
    It really doesn't matter. They've reached 1 WC final and a couple semi's since 1988 and consistently compete with the top teams. They're miles ahead of the US and would be dominating CONCACAF if they played in the region.

SlaytheBook
    SlaytheBook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2575

The World Cup are the only futbol/soccer matches that the overwhelming majority of Americans will ever care about.

The focus groups for MLS failed when they identified the US as a good market for the league. Ultimate frisbee was probably a better option.

I watch international futbol matches from other leagues and I will watch WC matches, but I will never waste my time with MLS. The stark contrast of talent level and that "nobody" in the US gives a shit about MLS leaves much to be desired. A high school match in almost any other sport is more compelling.

Killer2121

Quote Originally Posted by SlaytheBook View Post
    The World Cup are the only futbol/soccer matches that the overwhelming majority of Americans will ever care about.

The focus groups for MLS failed when they identified the US as a good market for the league. Ultimate frisbee was probably a better option.

I watch international futbol matches from other leagues and I will watch WC matches, but I will never waste my time with MLS. The stark contrast of talent level and that "nobody" in the US gives a shit about MLS leaves much to be desired. A high school match in almost any other sport is more compelling.
    Yep, when soccer is your 6th, 7th or 8th most popular sport, you ain't going anywhere.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by Killer2121 View Post
    Just wanted to ssy something. The US national team isn't good at all. Massively overrated by US soccer analysts and "fans". They'll only ever win the Gold Cup in a region filled with sub par teams, apart from Mexico.

You mean like the Costa Rica team that won their group in last years World Cup vs. England, Italy, and Uruguay?

Judging by the few posts you've written in this thread, I would hope you'd stop embarrassing yourself by pretending you have a clue.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by SlaytheBook View Post

Must be why NBC paid so much for Premier League rights, FOX paid a ton for Champions League rights, and ESPN broadcasts the Copa Del Ray final live in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, because no one in America watches. You have any more brilliant insights you'd like to share?

indio

Yep, when soccer is your 6th, 7th or 8th most popular sport, you ain't going anywhere.
    You took 3 guesses and missed every time.

Killer2121

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    You mean like the Costa Rica team that won their group in last years World Cup vs. England, Italy, and Uruguay?

Judging by the few posts you've written in this thread, I would hope you'd stop embarrassing yourself by pretending you have a clue.
    Every world cup has their flukes, costa rica was it last year. CONCACAF is the weakest region in the world, next to oceania. The only idiot in this thread is you, for trying to defend and justify the quality of MLS and US soccer.

Killer2121

Must be why NBC paid so much for Premier League rights, FOX paid a ton for Champions League rights, and ESPN broadcasts the Copa Del Ray final live in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, because no one in America watches. You have any more brilliant insights you'd like to share?
    He said overwhelming majority, smart guy. The fact is, most Americans don't care about soccer and would rather watch MLB, NFL, NBA, hell even NHL and NASCAR

Killer2121

You took 3 guesses and missed every time.
    Ok lets see

NFL
    NCAA football
    Baseball
    NCAA basketball
    NBA
    NHL/hockey
    NASCAR
    MLS

Lol

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Women's World Cup game last night got a 7 tv rating, about on par with a World Series game.

Killer2121

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Women's World Cup game last night got a 7 tv rating, about on par with a World Series game.
    I'm sure American Olympic swimming and hockey get the same ratings, but people still don't give a care about them outside of the competition. Americans are just patriotic

indio

Every world cup has their flukes, costa rica was it last year. CONCACAF is the weakest region in the world, next to oceania. The only idiot in this thread is you, for trying to defend and justify the quality of MLS and US soccer.
    Hardly a fluke when you play 4 quality games in a row. Fact is, Costa Rica have a very good squad. And if you think AFC top 4 is stronger than CONCACAF top 4, you're even dumber than I thought.

Curious to know where I defended or justified, or even mentioned for that matter, anything to do with MLS soccer? Go ahead and find an actual quote, sentence, or picture. You can't, can you you friggin retard.

Take your ritalin, go play some video games, and don't disturb the adults when they're talking. OK boy

indio

Ok lets see

NFL
    NCAA football
    Baseball
    NCAA basketball
    NBA
    NHL/hockey
    NASCAR
    MLS

Lol
    The topic was the popularity of SOCCER, not MLS. And if you think more people in the US watch NHL and NASCAR over the top world soccer leagues, you've got some bad info. I've noticed you have trouble with details. Do you have an attention deficit disorder?

Were you the product of an inter-family relationship by chance? I'm curious about that. You can tell us, you don't have to keep it hidden. No one will laugh at you any more than they already are, so you should come clean about it. We'll probably even have some empathy for you.

Killer2121

Hardly a fluke when you play 4 quality games in a row. Fact is, Costa Rica have a very good squad. And if you think AFC top 4 is stronger than CONCACAF top 4, you're even dumber than I thought.

Curious to know where I defended or justified, or even mentioned for that matter, anything to do with MLS soccer? Go ahead and find an actual quote, sentence, or picture. You can't, can you you friggin retard.

Take your ritalin, go play some video games, and don't disturb the adults when they're talking. OK boy
    Costa Rica is a fluke team. It happens every world cup. Teams like England and Greece are hardly quality teams, but let's see where they end up in 2018 lmao.

Killer2121

The topic was the popularity of SOCCER, not MLS. And if you think more people in the US watch NHL and NASCAR over the top world soccer leagues.
    Yes. Lol.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Teams like chicago show how big of a joke the MLS is. In the 70' minute of their game And they dont have a single SOG

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

I'm sure American Olympic swimming and hockey get the same ratings, but people still don't give a care about them outside of the competition. Americans are just patriotic
    Nope Olympics TV ratings are declining. Women's final last night got a 15 rating, soccer popularity is absolutely skyrocketing

Killer2121

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Nope Olympics TV ratings are declining. Women's final last night got a 15 rating, soccer popularity is absolutely skyrocketing
    Olympics ratings declining when every new Olympic games breaks viewership records.. Ok

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

I almost forgot about this thread. MLS is pretty bad right now.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

It is interesting this year many us men's stars (ones who grew up in the us) are back in the league... I guess being a star in mls is better than grinding it as a bench player in Europe...

Three teams are entering the league soon, going to further delude the talent pool... we are somehow getting younger South Americans to play here but I doubt they will stay long, can mls keep finding more to fill their shoes is a big question...

I hate the playoff system this year, a team like dc seems to be freefallin for 2 months and they will make the playoffs fairly easily... Btw they won a game vs Montreal with one shot on goal this summer LOL

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Quote Originally Posted by Nova99 View Post
    It is interesting this year many us men's stars (ones who grew up in the us) are back in the league... I guess being a star in mls is better than grinding it as a bench player in Europe...

Three teams are entering the league soon, going to further delude the talent pool... we are somehow getting younger South Americans to play here but I doubt they will stay long, can mls keep finding more to fill their shoes is a big question...

I hate the playoff system this year, a team like dc seems to be freefallin for 2 months and they will make the playoffs fairly easily... Btw they won a game vs Montreal with one shot on goal this summer LOL
    MLS is getting somewhat better with one or two stars players in the team. More jersey to sell for the team too. My team is DC and i can tell you that they were on top for while by pure luck LOL. Hopefully with the new teams we'll see a tighter playoff spots.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Yea this current dcu team seems to not get the same amount of attention as years past. even when there's a big team/player in town they don't fill rfk like the past. i hope the stadium works out but it may just be like rbny / rsl/ col where there's a new stadium but not that close to sell out crowds each week.

I dunno about tighter playoffs, with all the expansion money they might just do a post season with everyone involved! Lol

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

NASCAR probably has the largest viewership.......

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

Classic thread..

MLS has improved a lot this season.
    However, last night game between NYC/Orlando was really bad.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nova99

jules11
    WHY ALWAYS ME
    jules11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3075

I enjoy the MLS.

Impact are good underdogs for tonight.

First 12