whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Do Wolfsburg win tonight?

No chance they qualify, but can they get a win here? Or should I just play BTTS?

Only team I like to win in the Europe League tonight is Fiorentina, not sure about the others.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

pretty much all depends on the attitude of napoli, i mean wolfsburg will be pushing from the first minute to the last, and you saw what napoli did to them on the break last time.

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

All over Wolfsburg+0.5. Benitez is too smart of a manager to attempt to attack in this game. He will look keep it compact and will not push too many men forward.

Wolfsburg have the ability to tear poor teams apart. Not saying Napoli are poor but they have the capacity to be.

Benitez will look to guard against that and make it hard for Wolfsburg to break down without attacking too much.

I can actually see a low scoring game here. Maybe even a 0-0, which sounds ridiculous but wouldn't at all suprise me with Rafa's mindset.

He will have no intention of pleasing the fans with attacking football. He just wants to get the job done tonight, and a low scoring game would suit him just fine.

He had his players drilled amazingly well last week and I expect more of the same tonight.

So, why do I expect Wolfsburg not to lose this game?

Well, Wolfsburg, in my opinion, have the better players, and have the potential to play very good attacking football however they require a decent amount of space to run into in order to do this - which is why they have had such a successful season in Germany - most games in the Bundesliga are very open with space in midfield - box to box.

I think the German side will get a goal tonight, probably score first, and Napoli will sit back even further without attempting to break too much in order to keep their shape.

5u Wolfsburg+0.5 1.77
    2u under 2.5 goals 2.38
    2u Wolfburg to score first 2.2
    0.5u no goalscorer 17.00

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

André Schürrle, Kevin De Bruyne and Vieirinha not in the VfL squad for Napoli clash...

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by Betlitelli View Post
    André Schürrle, Kevin De Bruyne and Vieirinha not in the VfL squad for Napoli clash...
    I did not know this. Thanks for the update.

Still going with my original picks but smaller stakes.

In fact this may not be a particularly bad thing for Wolfburg.

Napoli will have been prepared to play against the directness of De Bruyne and Schürrle. Maybe the introduction of Perisic and Arnold will help the away side as they are more suited to the intricate short passing game than the 2 injured players who like to run at the defence - which wasn't a style that worked very well in the first leg.
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-23-15 at 06:08 AM.

plekz

they had 3 - 1 over cska aswell, and they still attacked plenty in that game, since cska were going balls out from the first whistle to the last. and they easily should have won that game 4-5 - 0 , two open net misses , three crossbar and so on.

napoli isn't a team suited to play park the bus, and i fully expect to see the best men avaliable tonight for napoli.

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

Dinamo Moscow and CSKA are not the same team just like Sevilla is not Malaga and Napoli had under 0-0 in second game vs Dinamo when they didn`t need goals.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by Betlitelli View Post
    Napoli
    point being that it wasn't for a lack of trying, unless you are gonna claim they intentionally hit the frame several times and missed open nets. they really aren't a team who are very good at defending, especially against quality teams.

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    they had 3 - 1 over cska aswell, and they still attacked plenty in that game, since cska were going balls out from the first whistle to the last. and they easily should have won that game 4-5 - 0 , two open net misses , three crossbar and so on.

napoli isn't a team suited to play park the bus, and i fully expect to see the best men avaliable tonight for napoli.
    Napoli played a very defensive game against Wolfsburg but they exploited the holes at the back to score 4 goals. All of their goals were either from really bad defensive mistakes or fast breaks.

Rafael Benitez is a defensive-minded manager. He of course will be looking to hit the visitors on the counter attack again tonight, but I would like to have thought Wolfsburg will be a lot better prepared this time round. They won't want to get humiliated again.

unitedlad

Also like Sevilla to get a result in Russia tonight. Garay out for the home team. Fantastic defender and is probably the team's most important player. They will miss him. Sevilla have been extremely impressive in both the league and Europe this season. Very solid team. They used to be impressive on the attack but vulnerable defensiviely however I'm really liking the balance Emery has accomplished with the current team.

I think they will go all the way this year and retain the cup.

Sevilla+0.5 1.71
    Draw 3.70

plekz

agree on sevilla, as for wolfsburg no kdb is going to make things extremely difficult for them, if you look at dost's striker tenure just before and after x-mas kdb supplied the assist for like 90% of those goals and the other 10% came from vierinha. they are pretty much the entire engine of that team.

Merkel
    Merkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

There's no way Wolfsburg is going to make up the deficit and they know it. So why waste effort and energy on a lost cause? Easy pass for me.

plekz

good call on the wolsburg breakdown unitedlad. napoli haven't even tried a single shot all first half, they are just absorbing pressure.

i opted out and went with sevilla and viola instead so looks good, unless zenit causes havoc in the second half.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rudeboy

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Merkel View Post
    There's no way Wolfsburg is going to make up the deficit and they know it. So why waste effort and energy on a lost cause? Easy pass for me.
    This guy has a clue

I just need 2 more goals in Zenit game can see Sevilla scoring again might be a good live bet.

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    good call on the wolsburg breakdown unitedlad. napoli haven't even tried a single shot all first half, they are just absorbing pressure.

i opted out and went with sevilla and viola instead so looks good, unless zenit causes havoc in the second half.
    Cheers. Not really liking the way the game is going to be honest. Wolfsburg haven't threatened too much either. Those Napoli coaches have really done a great job on drilling these players how to defend. Britos and albiol havent put a foot wrong. They are standing up to their attacker and trying not to commit themselves unless absolutely necessary.

Very impressed with Napoli's all round professionalism in this tie but not surprised as this is Benitez's strength, especially in Europe.

Anyway, may buy out of this Wolfsburg double chance bet. Can't see them putting much defensive effort in at all in the 2nd half and Higuain looks like he wants his goal.

Looking like a Napoli 1-0 win.

whareouttogetme

Wow Wolfsburg are so shit. Not even gonna score a single goal

whareouttogetme

Reverse jinx BTTS cashed
    Points Awarded:

AceChampion gave whareouttogetme 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

unitedlad

I got lucky there. Wolfsburg had no right even drawing that match. Should have just bet on the 1H markets. Live and learn.