turfdude
    Update your status
    turfdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Arsenal/Monaco

Arsenal v Monaco
    Arsenal trail 3-1 in this tie and would need to win 3-0 to advance. So there is no need for them to sit back. The final game in home and home legs almost always goes Over the Card total. GL

Arsenal Over 2.5 2.00 10u
    Alexis Sanchez Scores 2.75 1u
    Mesut Ozil scores 4.75 1u
    Corners Over 9.5 1.72 3u
    Arsenal Team Cards Over 2.5 2.00 5u
    Asian Cards Over 4.5 1.900 10u

longshot play
    Arsenal to miss a penalty 23.00

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Arsenal -0.5

I think there is value in betting in Arsenal to win. For some strange reason, when they screw up their 1st leg, they tend to amends in the 2nd leg. They will always fall abit short though. I won't be too surprised if they win 2-0 and fall short again.

For a smaller bet, I will consider the Arsenal to qualify odds at $7 to be tempting. Maybe they will finally overcome their 1st leg deficit?

waste1
    just donking around
    waste1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

dont want to open a thread yet but what do you guys think about atl. madrid? imo ml is a lock and ahc -1 also tempting. besides bayern munich most german teams play away not their best. can imagine it being pretty ugly playing away in madrid..i see them winning by 2-0 /maybe 3-0

opinions?

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Atl. Madrid best defender Diego Godin is missing today. They have Koke back though. Imo, they need to keep a clean sheet and score at the same time so Godin missing could be a big factor in this game.

posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

Atletico was in abysmal shape lately, offense completely harmless. Wouldn't bet on them in their current form. Leverkusen seems to be too underrated in the football world because under new coach Schmidt they don't play any kind of dumb football anymore.

doctor381
    doctor381's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Anynone crazy enoguh to play Arsenal advances at 5.0 odd? I think it's a good bet.

Jakpot
    Jakpot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1232

GUNNERZ

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by posey View Post
    Atletico was in abysmal shape lately, offense completely harmless. Wouldn't bet on them in their current form. Leverkusen seems to be too underrated in the football world because under new coach Schmidt they don't play any kind of dumb football anymore.
    Need to look at the teams they've faced aswell. Espanyol they got a RED early and still kept a clean sheet. And Sevilla have lost VERY few games all year and they were missing several players due to suspensions (Griezmann to name one) And they looked good in the Valencia game and was really unlucky if anything not to pick up a W.

There form while travelin have been a bit so so, but try finding any of those games when they've been playing at Vicente Calderon.

posey

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Need to look at the teams they've faced aswell. Espanyol they got a RED early and still kept a clean sheet. And Sevilla have lost VERY few games all year and they were missing several players due to suspensions (Griezmann to name one) And they looked good in the Valencia game and was really unlucky if anything not to pick up a W.

There form while travelin have been a bit so so, but try finding any of those games when they've been playing at Vicente Calderon.
    I have watched the match against Espanyol and first, they didn't play well before the red card either and second, the red card came at 45+3 (if you wanna call that early, do it, but I don't). Of course they are strong at home but they have been very harmless on offense over the last few. That doesn't change.

plekz

A red before halftime in a football game is always EARLY, it's 10 times worse to go into halftime being down a man, then it is even being behind a couple of goals. They've kept form at home through all this, when they lagged a bit during the fall term aswell they still delivered at home. Should probably have a look at the teams Leverkusen have managed to beat aswell.

If anything Leverkusen was lucky to get away with being one up, should have been advantage Atleti with the away goal that some retarded reff called for being over the line. And that was Atleti playing less then great, and being down a man in the second half of the game.

gossie
    LIFE IS TOUGH
    gossie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Monaco is my favourite team at this point. Their defensing counter attack strategy fits rivals like arsenal, barcelona, dortmund... etc
    I can't see any point they lose in this match-up. Hopefully Arsenal may got one goal tonight. But Stade Louis II would definitely be their grave of UCL

Joenaes
    Joenaes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

One more point to qualify, go go go

plekz

posey

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Yeah, celebrate a victory in penalty shots...
    Atletico was soooo dominating...

plekz

Bernd Leno playing out of his skin was the only one that kept Leverkusen in that game, and in the end they still choked hard in the cauldron (calderon) Atleti showed character, especially considering Moya got injured after twenty minutes forcing Oblak to step up.

You and your hurt feelings can go start a blog, and after that go fk yourselves together.

posey

You are so kind, unbelievable. You have watched a different game. I already have a blog, but thanks for your enormous knowledge and your superb advice.

plekz

Atleti was without Godin (who is basicly the brain of the backline), and on top of that Moya (who is squared to be in marca's TOTS at the end of the season) got injured early, forcing Oblak to step up and Atleti still kept it together and won it.

That's character, when they needed calm heads to prevail during pens the ones they put in were such high quality that eventhough Leno went the right way on all of them they were still just out of reach for him. The pen from Koke was REALLY high quality, and Leno deserves all the cred in the world for catching that, near post pens are pure hell for a goalkeeper to save because he has to read and be already moving the instant when the ball leaves the feet of the taker to have a chance at getting there and even then chances are slim he'll make it.

Leverkusen CHOKED hard there's no way around that.
    Last edited by plekz; 03-18-15 at 12:00 PM.