whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

What's up with the odds in Anzhi vs Tosno (FNL Cup)?

Anzhi (top of the league) are at 5.00 (at home) to beat Tosno (3rd) who are at 1.54

Last time they played was in the league and Anzhi won 1-0 at home. Their record isn't too bad recently either..

Odds were at 5.50 5 minutes ago (they only opened at bwin 20 minutes ago) and have just dropped.

At MarathonBet Tosno opened at 2.0 yesterday and has since dropped to 1.3

I can't tell if the odds are wrong, or if this is a hint to go big on Tosno. It's a bit suspicious that only 2 bookies have these games as well
    Last edited by whareouttogetme; 02-16-15 at 02:13 AM.

whareouttogetme

This game has just been removed from Bwin and MarathonBet... the other games in that cup are still up though

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Very dodgy indeed, had a look at live odds on oddsportal, Tosno $2.48 ML, 62 mins into the game! Marathonbet only one offering live odds hahaha.

whareouttogetme

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    Very dodgy indeed, had a look at live odds on oddsportal, Tosno $2.48 ML, 62 mins into the game! Marathonbet only one offering live odds hahaha.
    FT Anzhi 1-0 lol

How would you have played this (without taking the known result into effect)? Go with the good odds on Anzhi or assume there's a good reason for dropping odds on Tosno (match fixing, etc.)?

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    FT Anzhi 1-0 lol

How would you have played this (without taking the known result into effect)? Go with the good odds on Anzhi or assume there's a good reason for dropping odds on Tosno (match fixing, etc.)?
    Game or even just the line movement was still fixed imo, anything could have happened during the game.

I wouldn't have played it at all and didn't for the very reason that it was too obvious, no bookie was having it except 3-4. Marathobet was the only live bet. The teams or whomever responsible might have decided the jig is up, or it it was available elsewhere, I don't want to bet a bad line.

But to answer your question, I would have gone for the highest odds, because you simply don't know what's going on behind the scenes. In this case, I doubt (no vig) price gives you any indication of the probability of any outcome... you just don't know.