motorcycle
    motorcycle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Betting on draws strategy

I found this strategy in this week's edition of Racing & Football Outlook newspaper here in England from a letter sent in (from Colin Betts to give him proper credit).

You pick eight draws and then cover any three of those eight selections (pick the trebles option in the multiple bet options). This would result in 56 bets, though at least 3 draws would return around 40/1, obviously the more draws the more profit.

Another strategy he outlined was to cover those draws as 1-1 correct score predictions and then cover two of those eight selections (doubles in the multiple bet options). This strategy involves 28 bets, with 2 correct scores of 1-1 returning around 40/1. If you choose a betting firm that refunds 0-0 correct scores such as bet365, these draws count as void bets.

Then I found the leagues I know a little about and looked at which leagues have higher percentages of draws and 1-1 draws:

Italy Serie A has 33% percent draws (compared with 25% for Spain La Liga, 25% for German Bundesliga and 22% for French Ligue 1), also Serie A has had 21 results ending 1-1 (compared with 14 in Spain La Liga and just 8 in Bundesliga 1). The English Championship has the highest rate of draws in the English and Scottish leagues at 33% with 33 results ending in 1-1 in the English Championship.

So the 8 games I choose from Friday-Sunday are:

Brentford v Blackburn (English Championship)
    Bolton v Ipswich (English Championship)
    Middlesbrough v Derby (English Championship)
    Brighton v Millwall (English Championship)
    Parma v Cagliari (Italian Serie A)
    Chievo v Inter (Italian Serie A)
    Genoa v Roma (Italian Serie A)
    Palermo v Sassuolo (Italian Serie A)

56 bets for three of eight selections to be draws.
    28 bets for two of eight selections to be 1-1 correct scores.

I don't recommend using your usual unit amount, so I not saying this is a 56 units bet! To be careful, for the "56 bets" I just split 7 units into 56 and for the "28 bets" I split 3.5 units into 28.

I think I will use this strategy for 3 weeks to see how it goes

chuda
    chuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14250

sounds interesting , will be fallowing how it goes... gl

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

imo half time draws hit alot more.

Kaepernicking
    Kaepernicking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GR33D View Post
    imo half time draws hit alot more.
    of course draws hit more at HT.. but the odds range from 2.20 to 2.40 on average for a HT draw where the above is more like 3.30 to 3.50 odds...

for HT draws you will need 5 from 8 to gain about 40% profit.....

thanks for the post motorcycle....