• Hold position

4 66.67%
  • Buy out for a little bit of cash

2 33.33%
    Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Hypothetical

This happened to me today. You buy a total U2.5 +146 to start the game. It is 1-1 in the 85th minute. You have the option to buy O2.5 +111. You can walk away a guaranteed winner. Do you get greedy and hold your position? Do you buy out and take a little bit of cash? I will tell you what the result was later in the thread.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Depends on the teams and how much money I had on it. Recently I've been parlaying overs in shitty leagues and I've had the chance to cash out for good profit if it's 2-0 at HT or something, but these games often have late last minute goals so I let 'em ride. Sometimes they finish 2-0, sometimes it's 2-0 at 85' and ends up being 3-2 or something ridiculous. If I'd taken the under on these games, I'd probably cash out in the last few minutes just because that seems to be the nature of these small leagues (Croatian, Hungarian, Dutch, etc..)

For example in the Chelsea v Man United game I went big on Chelsea and cashed out at about 80-85' and United scored on a corner, but if I only had a small bet on and they were playing someone like QPR I probably wouldn't bother cashing out.

Some people say that in the long run you always lose by cashing out bets or buying insurance in Blackjack, but I say if you have a feeling that says, "CASH OUT NOW" then do it. If you feel comfortable, leave it and pray.
    Last edited by whareouttogetme; 11-07-14 at 03:24 PM.

Kurasik89
    Kurasik89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 862

Unlike blackjack, I would cash out. Sure, you're losing in the long run but it'll save a few years of your life so think of that slight profit loss as preventative medicine LOL

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Think it depends how big your wager is?

Is this small profit from cashing out worth your time?

It depends what gambling is to you I guess. If you are betting with enough of your disposable income that you NEED to profit something to make the activity feasible, than yes I would say cash out.

I think many want to win more than they need to profit?

Kurasik89
    Kurasik89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 862

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Think it depends how big your wager is?

Is this small profit from cashing out worth your time?

It depends what gambling is to you I guess. If you are betting with enough of your disposable income that you NEED to profit something to make the activity feasible, than yes I would say cash out.

I think many want to win more than they need to profit?
    I agree. My point was based on betting 500-1000 per pick..

donny1266
    donny1266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1251

It all depends on your reasoning for betting. If you bet professionally then no, don't use cash out. In the long term you will lose out as you erode the value you look for in your bets. If you bet for fun then cash out is a good tool - it allows you to keep lock in a bit of profit and carry on your hobby a bit longer. I use it when I have a gut feeling things will go wrong, or when I get to chasing my losses and the cash out would leave me in profit for the day.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Thanks for the input guys. Some really good insight here. Donny was right about gut feeling things will go wrong in my situation. I did not buy out like most on here. The game ended 2-2 and I lost. It wasn't for much money so I took a chance. Have a good night.