opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

So I think we can all agree that the USA is the 2nd best soccer team in the world.

After seeing the way Germany basically dismantled all their other opponents, it's fairly clear the USMNT was the only team to give them a real scare, and their only opponent that could've just as easily won the Cup.

If only the USA had drawn Brazil in their quarterfinal match, no telling how far we could've gone. With US only losing by 1 to the eventual champion, I think it's safe to assume we would've beaten Brazil by at least 4 goals.

USA clearly going to be the Cup favorite in 2018. Who knows.....this soccer thing may work out over here after all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle, and stealthyburrito

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I don't think the other countries will even show up, and the Russian team will bail from fear.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

/cosign

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

so i guess algeria is better than the US since they took germany to overtime huh?

that kind of mentality is why people on this forum are losing gamblers, their intellect only allows them to understand sports like so, team A beat team B and team B beat team C so A is going to beat team C

the truth is that US is not even a top 20 country, only reason they get to play in the world cup is because they have no opposition in the qualifying group, if US had to compete with european or south american teams for a world cup spot they would never manage to qualify
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: crustyme, Zwong, and Soxsfan9

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    so i guess algeria is better than the US since they took germany to overtime huh?

that kind of mentality is why people on this forum are losing gamblers, their intellect only allows them to understand sports like so, team A beat team B and team B beat team C so A is going to beat team C

the truth is that US is not even a top 20 country, only reason they get to play in the world cup is because they have no opposition in the qualifying group, if US had to compete with european or south american teams for a world cup spot they would never manage to qualify
    I do believe you may have missed something.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

It's called the transitive property and its something math guys use to beat the books. Take a fourth grade arithmetic class sometime if you want to learn more.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

US had only one shot at goal vs Germany. All other teams Germany faced had more shots at goal. So you can argue that US was the worse team Germany faced.
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

If you can't score...you can't win! USMNT have no one who can score!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Proud to be an American!!!

I think it is clear to all that the USA will win 3-4 world cup championships by the year 2042

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

When donkeys start flying the US will win a world cup.

smitch124

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-18-15 at 10:02 AM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave smitch124 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sure, Opie. Whatever you say, pal.

Just don't forget to call me when that Death Star comes in. Thanks.

opie1988

It was easy to see a bunch of jealous haters would troll this thread. We all knew that.

But anyone who watched this World Cup without homerism blurring their vision, could clearly see the USMNT was only a play or 2 away from winning the whole son-of-a-bitch. They had Germany pissing their pants until the final minute, and everyone saw how we annihilated the great Ronaldo.

Use your fukkin heads, boys. But your World Cup futures on the US for 2018. Gonna be a straight ass whippin up there.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Pavy Obviously unaware of the Donkey's flight abilities.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    It was easy to see a bunch of jealous haters would troll this thread. We all knew that.

But anyone who watched this World Cup without homerism blurring their vision, could clearly see the USMNT was only a play or 2 away from winning the whole son-of-a-bitch. They had Germany pissing their pants until the final minute, and everyone saw how we annihilated the great Ronaldo.

Use your fukkin heads, boys. But your World Cup futures on the US for 2018. Gonna be a straight ass whippin up there.

Will do, Opie.

#Ibelievethatwewillgethigh

#back2backblunts

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Opie's passion for soccer is a bit worrisome.

Did you paint your face during the matches, Opie?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

USA is always the most underrated team in the WCup. Why? The world can't bare to think what they would do if USA were tops in yet another event.

I am a bettor. A good bettor. I was very successful in this World Cup and in the Euros as well as recent other World Cup tournaments.

Let's recap

CONCACAF showed very well in this tournament. Whoever the idiot above was, talking about S. America qualifying, didn't watch Costa Rica, Mexico, or USA play European and S. American teams (not to mention Brazil and Ghana) to the wire or beat them handily.

USA played only 20 minutes with Jozy Altidore. His presence would have increased Dempsey's effectiveness at least 3-4 fold. Remember Confed Cup before WC 2010? My how many forget. We beat SPAIN (top run of all time 2 Euros and that WC winner) and were up 2-0 on Brazil. Yes, Altidore was world class in those games. How ignorant people are, how little they remember. The Germany game was ridiculous on travel, we had less rest, and it was hot and wet. Yes, they outplayed us but didn't have a ton of chances, though they deserved the win.

This USA team advanced through the hardest group, almost pulled off a win vs. a good Belgium team, and had every chance in the world of beating Argentina, the most overrated team in the tournament. All without a HUGE element.

Take away home field and there are barely 4-5 teams better than USA even without Altidore, which says something. Germany was the best and deserved to win, but every other team was hardly a step above the top contenders.

Who was better than USA? Germany. Colombia. Maybe a full strength Brazil at home, who along with Netherlands, Belgium, and Argentina would all be nip and tuck, especially if Altidore is part of the scene.

Like Opie said, don't sleep. Biggest value every single time, BY FAR

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

So if the US beat Belgium after Howard broke the World Cup record for saves they would have beat Argentina, then the Netherlands and finally Germany in the finals. OK now let me know where you guys buy your dope from.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

US boys bring the ruckus, USA ain't nothing to f\*\*k with.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

agree 100%, USA should be -200 to win 2018 WC

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    USA is always the most underrated team in the WCup. Why? The world can't bare to think what they would do if USA were tops in yet another event.

I am a bettor. A good bettor. I was very successful in this World Cup and in the Euros as well as recent other World Cup tournaments.

Let's recap

CONCACAF showed very well in this tournament. Whoever the idiot above was, talking about S. America qualifying, didn't watch Costa Rica, Mexico, or USA play European and S. American teams (not to mention Brazil and Ghana) to the wire or beat them handily.

USA played only 20 minutes with Jozy Altidore. His presence would have increased Dempsey's effectiveness at least 3-4 fold. Remember Confed Cup before WC 2010? My how many forget. We beat SPAIN (top run of all time 2 Euros and that WC winner) and were up 2-0 on Brazil. Yes, Altidore was world class in those games. How ignorant people are, how little they remember. The Germany game was ridiculous on travel, we had less rest, and it was hot and wet. Yes, they outplayed us but didn't have a ton of chances, though they deserved the win.

This USA team advanced through the hardest group, almost pulled off a win vs. a good Belgium team, and had every chance in the world of beating Argentina, the most overrated team in the tournament. All without a HUGE element.

Take away home field and there are barely 4-5 teams better than USA even without Altidore, which says something. Germany was the best and deserved to win, but every other team was hardly a step above the top contenders.

Who was better than USA? Germany. Colombia. Maybe a full strength Brazil at home, who along with Netherlands, Belgium, and Argentina would all be nip and tuck, especially if Altidore is part of the scene.

Like Opie said, don't sleep. Biggest value every single time, BY FAR

Spot. Fukkin. On.

This guy clearly gets it. Only a clown can't see that the US was obviously a top 3 team at this World Cup.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised by the overall lack of soccer knowledge here.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

And the sad thing is that the United States doesn't even give a fukk. Just imagine if they had 1/2 of the passion as the rest of the world does about soccer.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

100% agree dempsey was limited in his contribution due to the loss of altidore. He plays much Better when he is in the reserved forward spot right behind altidore.
    Sucks Jozy had to miss this cup, because he could have made all of the difference.
    It was a fun world cup and I am ecstatic for the future of american soccer.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    And the sad thing is that the United States doesn't even give a fukk. Just imagine if they had 1/2 of the passion as the rest of the world does about soccer.
    Unfortunately for the rest of the soccer world, due to the collective ADD of the US, we now care.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

By this logic Australia should win next WC as we beat the germans last time the 2 teams played..

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The future is indeed bright. USA! USA! USA!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Name:  hooked fish.gif
Views: 229
Size:  41.6 KB

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

I once kicked a goal into my own team's net; went ape shit until I realized what happened. I think I was ra-tard when I was younger?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    By this logic Australia should win next WC as we beat the germans last time the 2 teams played..
    US played 4 games and only won 1 game and it's the best team in the world. What part you don't understand?

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

US change the terminology football to soccer and they call their own fukin game football... I rest my case... and btw their own football doesn't use foot except punt...

Merkel
    Merkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Usa was lucky to beat Ghana late in the game, Ghana had more possesion, more shots on goal, earned more corners and Howard had to make 7 saves.

Usa could only get a draw against an injury plagued Portugal squad with CR7 at maybe 60%.

Because Low and Klinsmann are super buds, in a game that meant little to Germany, they took it real easy on the US boys and gave the Usa the flattering 1-0 final score.

Against Belgium the Usa was totally owned and toothless for 90 mins, only Howard's heroics prevented that game from being well over and done with within regulation time, 90 mins stats are just so one sided and Belgium did not play a great tournament.

So no, the Usa are not the 2nd best team or even top 15. Maybe some day, but not now. Get over it.

123 Last