Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anybody doing any Round of 16 to advance Parlays?

This is my favorite part of the tournament. No more bullshit draws.

Looking to come up with a parlay that pays 10 to 1.

May have to take some underdogs. Germany to advance is totally out of the question
    in the -800's.

Netherlands
    Brazil
    Columbia
    Costa Rica

Look easy ... what else looks good?

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

I was thinking...

USA ML
    Swiss ML
    Netherlands Advance
    Brazil Advance

70-1

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    I was thinking...

USA ML
    Swiss ML
    Netherlands Advance
    Brazil Advance

70-1
    Juicy odds indeed.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i may have to put a $100 on that. It would win 7K and the Holland and Brazil picks are pretty much locks.

smb26
    smb26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

If someone could guarantee that the referees won't help Brazil then I would definitely bet on Chile (I know that Howard Webb is the referee and he is good one but am skeptical)
    so my thoughts on who will advance:
    1- Colombia
    2- Holland
    3- France
    4- Germany
    5- Argentina
    6- USA
    7- Costa Rica

the odds are 89.68 including Chile
    22.42 without

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Brazil, Holland, Argentina, Germany....Bet ur damn family farm on it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greeksleek

hurricane1091

Realistically the only scary part about USA ML +390 and Swiss ML +680 is that they could advance but the draw wins. Of course you could switch the bets to "Advance" but it would pay less.

Realistically speaking, does ANYONE think Argentina is 7 times better than the Swiss and Belgium 4 times better than the USA? Of course not. In fact the teams are quite even in their matchups. I'm putting a little on this. I see no reason why Switzerland or the USA can't win. Worth $30 to win 2.1k Argentina was in such a stinky group it's not even funny. Belgium weren't tested either.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    Realistically the only scary part about USA ML +390 and Swiss ML +680 is that they could advance but the draw wins. Of course you could switch the bets to "Advance" but it would pay less.

Realistically speaking, does ANYONE think Argentina is 7 times better than the Swiss and Belgium 4 times better than the USA? Of course not. In fact the teams are quite even in their matchups. I'm putting a little on this. I see no reason why Switzerland or the USA can't win. Worth $30 to win 2.1k Argentina was in such a stinky group it's not even funny. Belgium weren't tested either.
    You're right on and it probably means something because I've been historically great at the WCup and am this year, too (but particularly at halftimes).

Argentina is the most overrated team in the tournament. USA most underrated. Value is always with the USA and against Argentina (which of course doesn't mean that you'll get the result), but it's always a solid play.

Here are my picks, parlaying is a different animal:

Brazil/Chile over 2.5
    Colombia ML
    Netherlands to advance
    Costa Rica ML (like this but don't love it, could easily be a draw after 90+)
    France/Nigeria over 2.5
    Germany -1.5
    Switzerland +1 and over 2.5
    USA ML, +.5 and over 2.5 (bigger on first two)

Good luck to all

hurricane1091

For sure Argentina is a good team, but they are probably over-hyped like Portugal. People have perceptions about certain teams. Many people see a latin country like Argentina and see a honky team like Switzerland and assume it's a lock. I dunno, Argentina and Belgium could win but the value is for sure on the other side. It's not just the high odds that add value though. Like you can look at France-Nigeria and Germany-Algeria. I don't see Value for the African teams at all despite odds. Germany really is that much better than Algeria and same with France.

hurricane1091

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    You're right on and it probably means something because I've been historically great at the WCup and am this year, too (but particularly at halftimes).

Argentina is the most overrated team in the tournament. USA most underrated. Value is always with the USA and against Argentina (which of course doesn't mean that you'll get the result), but it's always a solid play.

Here are my picks, parlaying is a different animal:

Brazil/Chile over 2.5
    Colombia ML
    Netherlands to advance
    Costa Rica ML (like this but don't love it, could easily be a draw after 90+)
    France/Nigeria over 2.5
    Germany -1.5
    Switzerland +1 and over 2.5
    USA ML, +.5 and over 2.5 (bigger on first two)

Good luck to all
    USA vs Belgium over 2 is -133 at 5Dimes. I assume 2.5 usually so maybe you are too but maybe you are interested in 2.5 at + money. Just a friendly heads up buddy.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Does anyone think that teams styles will change in the elimination round?

Belgium and Korea were scoreless for the first 70 minutes and Korea was not a good team at all.

USA is pretty balanced and maybe a tad bit underrated but i have to think Germany is more than just 1 goal better than USA

hurricane1091

I think USA plays with more possession vs Germany. Won't be as tired and Belgium isn't as good. Plus Jozy may be back.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you think Costa Rica is easy at +160 on the 3 way line then you have already lost your parlay.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Argentina looked bad against average to bad teams. Bosnia? Nigeria? Iran? Are you serious? And even then they only win by 1 goal each. Not convinced at all.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Argentina Brazil Germany parlay.

So one should lose.

Could be nice upsets if refs don't cheat.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Does anyone think that teams styles will change in the elimination round?

Belgium and Korea were scoreless for the first 70 minutes and Korea was not a good team at all.

USA is pretty balanced and maybe a tad bit underrated but i have to think Germany is more than just 1 goal better than USA
    Belgium switched out more then HALF of their regular starters for that game, plus got a man sent off, and they still showed the heart to make sure that game didn't end a draw.

smb26

To those people who are criticizing Argentina, you most probably think Brazil or France are better than Argentine because of score line (number of goals)!! well that is not how things are looked at. Let me tell you about each game Argentina played against each team in its group

1- Argentina vs Bosnia: yes Argentina started horribly with a 5-3-2 formation. The 1st half saw a good performance by the defense of Argentine but a horrible show by the offense, but in the second half things changed and we saw an incredible performance by the offense. You should expect this type of play in the Swiss game. If you think that Swiss can do better what Bosnia did in the second half then go for the Swiss win.

2- Argentina vs Iran: more like Chelsea vs Bayren/Barcelona if you know what I mean. A team that parks the bus with counter attack strategy vs an offensive team. If you think that Swiss can park the bus properly and counter attack then go for Swiss win.
    Also keep in mind that France couldn't defeat Honduras until a red card was given to a defender (just to show you how hard it is to crack defensive teams)

3- Argentina vs Nigeria: the Nigerians were a good counter attacking team and were good in defense and were slightly parking the bus in the second half you saw that Nigeria was not a threat even with the absence of Messi (and in the upcoming games Messi will not be substituted unless the goal margin was 2-3)

Now to those who are betting on Swiss I would say you have the following chances to win your bet:
    1- an early red card given to a player from Argentina (if it is Mascherano it will be the hit for you)
    2- Swiss parks the bus (and that is not happening because you can't change team style in a matter of weeks) and counter attack
    3- Messi gets injured and some other player (maybe Lavezzi)
    4- The pentagon of Lavezzi, Di Maria, Messi, Gago & Higuain will somehow fail to play up to the required level. Because if these players were on their perfect state of mind they will humiliate Swiss the same way France did, their creativity is untouchable.
    5- Swiss has some trick up its sleeves that no one saw.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

how good is this Di Maria guy?

smb26

He is Messi's feeder (he plays the role of Xavi and Iniesta in FC Barcelona).
    watch this video, you have to consider that he is on top form right now (if he gets injured then Argentina are fukked)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYx5f7hJKRg

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Argentina is not that good. Just stop.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by smb26 View Post
    He is Messi's feeder (he plays the role of Xavi and Iniesta in FC Barcelona).
    watch this video, you have to consider that he is on top form right now (if he gets injured then Argentina are fukked)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYx5f7hJKRg
    damn that dude has the best foot work ive ever seen.

as basketball players would say

"he's a baller"
    Last edited by Big Bear; 06-27-14 at 09:42 PM.

smb26

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Argentina is not that good. Just stop.
    If you so sure, then I want you to go and bet on Switzerland win

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Favorites I like to advance.....Colombia, France, Costa Rica

Underdogs with value: US, Switzerland

Chile I like but was hoping for Brazil to be overvalued, looks like the books are too smart for that....Bet in-game there

Mexico a live dog for sure

MustWinPlease
    MustWinPlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

all in

greeksleek
    greeksleek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    This is my favorite part of the tournament. No more bullshit draws.

Looking to come up with a parlay that pays 10 to 1.

May have to take some underdogs. Germany to advance is totally out of the question
    in the -800's.

Netherlands
    Brazil
    Columbia
    Costa Rica

Look easy ... what else looks good?
    holland, brazil and argentina to advance into germany ml. Costa Rica vs Greece isn't easy Greece can win that.

greeksleek

Quote Originally Posted by cryptocap View Post
    Brazil, Holland, Argentina, Germany....Bet ur damn family farm on it.
    youre damn penetrating straight!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Greece-Costa Rica 0-0 Final Score as well as Going to Penalties prop is worth a look

greeksleek

Switzerland to beat Argentina? Youve got to be penetrating kidding me. No chance they win. Whether Argentina win by 3 goals or win on penalties theyll win. Anyone who puts money on Switzerland clearly has no clue what so ever about soccer and will lose their money.

Absolute penetrating zero chance Switzerland beats Argentina.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I think the Netherlands advance but Mexico looks pretty fukkin good to me right now....And all things being equal, gotta love the CONCACAF and South American squads over the Europeans

Such a tough game

greeksleek

No chance in hell Chile win also. On form they certainly can, but Brazil owns Chile the refs would own Chile and no way FIFA would allow Brazil going out in the 2nd round in their own tournament. No one would leave Brazil alive if they get knocked out so early. The place would burn to the ground.

greeksleek

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I think the Netherlands advance but Mexico looks pretty fukkin good to me right now....And all things being equal, gotta love the CONCACAF and South American squads over the Europeans

Such a tough game
    Good post MLD. I think the dutch will get past them though too much firepower and the Mexcins free flowing style will fall straight into the dutch's hands.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I'd say from what I've seen this game is going to be brazil/mexico again and ochoa is going to have to make some truly ridiculous saves again.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

so ppl saying that Argentina looked bad against teams, but fail to mentioned the Swiss got hammered by the only good team they played...have fun losing money on a swiss team that isn't that good.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greeksleek

addic3t
    Update your status
    addic3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5021

8 teams parlays:

Brazil + Colombia + France + Germany + Argentina + Netherlands BTTS + Costa Rica BTTS + Belgium BTTS

Odds: 86,38 x 150US = To Win: 12,912.57 US

greeksleek

Quote Originally Posted by addic3t View Post
    8 teams parlays:

Brazil + Colombia + France + Germany + Argentina + Netherlands BTTS + Costa Rica BTTS + Belgium BTTS

Odds: 86,38 x 150US = To Win: 12,912.57 US
    It will lose. If I were you I'd put everything you have on Argentina to progress to get your money back.

12 Last