jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Goalies are horrific in soccer

You can come right out of a bar and be a soccer goalie

I never saw such slow uncoordinated and slow foot work players

They rarely stop anything that's not right at them

There has always been thing in soccer that the worst player on the team you throw him in the goalie position

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

1st shift JJ doesn't know how to spell "uncoordinated "
    much less know how to use it in a sentence
    Univeridad Nacinoal cafeterial fill in JJ

jjgold

Korea goalie is one of the worst I've seen in World Cup competition. I could do a better job than this guy.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

this is why America have never won any major football tournaments, if you're putting drunk people in goal

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I gotta be honest i think baldy could do better, lather that head of his with some oil and give a terrible glare to the opposing shooters could also go down field just shining that dome on them and open it wide up. Nice job coach!!!!!

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ochoa for mexico is god!!!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You can come right out of a bar and be a soccer goalie

I never saw such slow uncoordinated and slow foot work players

They rarely stop anything that's not right at them

There has always been thing in soccer that the worst player on the team you throw him in the goalie position
    You should make a How-to-video...it would be legendary

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    There are some on here today that would argue otherwise...in fact they would pretty much equate him to cow crap

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

The other day was the best goalie effort I've ever seen in a soccer match. Ochoa was unreal.

I always wonder why most goalies look awful out there. It seems so easy. Many years ago when I was a pretty good athlete, I found myself practicing soccer with a pretty good local team. I was first taken aback on how wide the goal actually is. It's not like a hockey goal (played hockey some), it is quite large. But, I played goalie that afternoon and was blocking everything that came my way. The coach and several players asked me to seriously think about continuing playing the game. Never played again as I went off to college on a football schollie. So from my point of view, apart from the effort I saw in Ochoa, I've always felt most goalies are pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post

jjgold

These goalies roll all over the place and make saves much harder than they look

Hockey goalies require so much more skill

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Youre stupid.
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave THam12 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

zizoudane10 gave THam12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RubberKettle gave THam12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

good thread, these goalies are like full blown retards out there other than ochoa

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

does seem like goalies are very down this world cup

just that first neymar goal that beat croatian keeper i was like oh boy, neymar mis-hit it from 24 yards out and it goes in

jjgold

I been watchingv a lot of soccer obviously and a lot of poor reads by the goaltenders

On the penalty kicks I do not know why the goalies guess I think they have a better shot waiting for the striker to kick the ball and a quick reaction. I think the results will slightly be better

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

JJ shut the f up. Your ignorance of soccer is unprecedented.

jjgold

The Asian goalies are the worst

Paver I was dead on here the goaltending is horrific

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    JJ shut the f up. Your ignorance of soccer is unprecedented.
    You should get your World Cup thread going again so we can soak up your unprecedented soccer knowledge.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I been watchingv a lot of soccer obviously and a lot of poor reads by the goaltenders

On the penalty kicks I do not know why the goalies guess I think they have a better shot waiting for the striker to kick the ball and a quick reaction. I think the results will slightly be better
    yea that african moron just gave the goal away like all the others on a PK... why guess if you're never right and you would make the save since they just kick it down the middle and score easily lmfao

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

It is harder than it looks. I was an award winning goalie when I was 10.

Some of these goalies are underwhelming though, not putting themselves in the right position at times.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Yet these are the best goalies in the world.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

jjgold

Goalies are the biggest clowns on the field

They think they are playing an nfl football game

I get a good laugh

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

This obese, bald, scary-looking, worthless, scumbag, scamming fukk who has made absolutely zero positive impact on this world during his sorry excuse for a lifetime should go spew some of this garbage to the face of Casillas, Reus, Howard or Cesar.

End result:

jjgold

Parlay good one

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Goalies are looking bad this year in part because Spain's Tiki Taka bullshit is gone. More aggressive styles of play taking over this cup.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

As a hockey goalie, I understand the net is larger, bu it still seems like from a positional aspect, some seem extremly off. I also don't understand this semi sideways flop technique they try to do sometimes. A big example I saw was Portgual's first goal against the USA. The goalie did the sideways flop and was on the ground before the kick. I would think just standing would have given a better chance.

jjjune
    jjjune's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    As a hockey goalie, I understand the net is larger, bu it still seems like from a positional aspect, some seem extremly off. I also don't understand this semi sideways flop technique they try to do sometimes. A big example I saw was Portgual's first goal against the USA. The goalie did the sideways flop and was on the ground before the kick. I would think just standing would have given a better chance.

As a soccer goalie I can say that Howard just made a mistake by going to the ground too early. He should have gone closer to Nani to cover more area from the goal.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post

As a former D1 Soccer player who played striker I can tell you that I love when goalies are just standing. It's near impossible for them to get down on a low hard shot when they aren't low to the ground. Kicking it low and hard is about the easiest shot to get off when you have defenders draped all over you. You can shoot, "pass" with inside or outside of foot, or even toe the damn thing if thats all you can get to it low and hard, in a controlled manner regardless of position of ball or how much it is bouncing. If the goalie is low to the ground and takes that away from you, your options as a striker limit you to try push the ball further wide (and potentially missing the net all together) or trying to get it over the keeper. It might look easy, but depending on where your weight is balanced, what defenders you have to traverse around, how much the ball is bouncing, and even the position of the ball in relation to your striking foot, getting it over the goal keeper, but not over the crossbar is a much more difficult task then drilling a low hard ball slightly to the left or right of keeper (which will always go in if the goalie is standing).

It amazes me people come in here and questions if the best goalies in the world are "doing it right". Of course they are. Or they wouldn't be the best. The strikers are also the best. So yes if you give a top of the world striker a giant goal to shoot at with a relatively tiny sized ball and a clear shot on net, they should make it 95% of the time. That doesn't mean the goalie doesn't know what he's doing. He is just playing the odds which are stacked against him.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 06-25-14 at 09:58 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    As a former D1 Soccer player who played striker I can tell you that I love when goalies are just standing. It's near impossible for them to get down on a low hard shot when they aren't low to the ground. Kicking it low and hard is about the easiest shot to get off when you have defenders draped all over you. You can shoot, "pass" with inside or outside of foot, or even toe the damn thing if thats all you can get to it low and hard, in a controlled manner regardless of position of ball or how much it is bouncing. If the goalie is low to the ground and takes that away from you, your options as a striker limit you to try push the ball further wide (and potentially missing the net all together) or trying to get it over the keeper. It might look easy, but depending on where your weight is balanced, what defenders you have to traverse around, how much the ball is bouncing, and even the position of the ball in relation to your striking foot, getting it over the goal keeper, but not over the crossbar is a much more difficult task then drilling a low hard ball slightly to the left or right of keeper (which will always go in if the goalie is standing).

It amazes me people come in here and questions if the best goalies in the world are "doing it right". Of course they are. Or they wouldn't be the best. The strikers are also the best. So yes if you give a top of the world striker a giant goal to shoot at with a relatively tiny sized ball and a clear shot on net, they should make it 95% of the time. That doesn't mean the goalie doesn't know what he's doing. He is just playing the odds which are stacked against him.
    There was a time when the best hockey goalies were doing it right, but were also essentially doing it wrong until better techniques were discovered so the growth of it is not static.

Im just saying as someone who watches some bandy and handball as well, which features goaltending similar to soccer and hockey, it just seems like soccer goalies do things wrong.

My friends have always bugged to try indoor soccer as a goalie because of hockey goaltending, and I think after this World Cup I would love to take up their offer and see how it is truly.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ochoa is a beast!!!! Hope mexico beats the Dutch today... What an upset that will be...

jjgold

The good goalie guesses right

They do not have much skill set never play another sport

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

hockey goalies can be great in this boring world cup

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Navas was great today, put himself in great spots and attacked the ball giving up minimal space to score at times. And obviously the key save to win it.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ya think Jonathan quick would be a good soccer goalie?

12 Last