firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spain -110 to qualify group B

basically all comes down to the game vs chile which i think theyll win
    is this as close as a you can get for -110 odds?

thinking about going big for this, what you guys think

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Its tempting but I took them to win the group and after that implosion against the Dutch I'm over Spain.

firekillex

ya but all that is a perfect scenario they got blown out, so they really want this win. I personally couldnt see Spain not even making it past the qualifiers. All they gotta do is beat chile then an automatic win against australia

Chile will be a tough game but i see a 2-0 or 2-1 win

da_hustla
    da_hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5301

Who's going to score goals for Spain? Costa's injured and Villa/Torres are past their prime. Their possession style of play looks really outdated ATM. I don't see how they are gonna beat Chile

fauxreal
    fauxreal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just take Chile not to go through at 2.62 basically it's the same thing and way better odds.

lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

Why not take Portugal at -110 to go through. I'm a fan of US soccer but I think Portugal is going to beat the US and then beat Ghana and advance. They looked bad against Germany but Germany is damn good and may win this thing this year and Portugal fell apart and played most the match with 10 players; have a feeling they will pull it together.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
    Why not take Portugal at -110 to go through. I'm a fan of US soccer but I think Portugal is going to beat the US and then beat Ghana and advance. They looked bad against Germany but Germany is damn good and may win this thing this year and Portugal fell apart and played most the match with 10 players; have a feeling they will pull it together.
    Because Portugal are garbage? Even worse than USA

firekillex

ya id rather not take portugal to be honest, id rather take germany to win the group then usa to come 2nd for +138

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    No they are not, I wish, but no the US is not better than Portugal. Maybe we'll be better than them in the upcoming day, although I doubt that also but we are not better than Portugal. If you believe that then you don't know your soccer.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

I think it's a solid wager.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by da_hustla View Post
    Who's going to score goals for Spain? Costa's injured and Villa/Torres are past their prime. Their possession style of play looks really outdated ATM. I don't see how they are gonna beat Chile
    bro they put up goals at will running with a false 9 in euro cup.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Ghana is a huge trap game. Portugal IMO actually match up better against the US than they do against Ghana. Any hiccup for Portugal (including a draw) against either USA or Ghana and it's curtains.

firekillex

so whats the conclusion we pounding spain -110 to qualify ??
    just gotta take out chile, australia is 0 threat

lovetobet

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    Ghana is a huge trap game. Portugal IMO actually match up better against the US than they do against Ghana. Any hiccup for Portugal (including a draw) against either USA or Ghana and it's curtains.
    Normally I'd agree with you on Ghana and trap game but because of what happened in the game with Germany and the position they are in I don't really think it's a trap game anymore, as Portugal knows they basically need 2 wins to advance. I do agree that Portugal matches up better against the US than Ghana and that's part of my thinking on why they may be a good play at even money to move on.

They have a game against the USA which allows them to get their game going, get back in a groove and regain some confidence; then they roll into the Ghana game knowing, win and their in.

Not sure if they are better than Spain was just throwing out another idea.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

IMO Spain will have a tough time vs Chile, and that could mean a draw - which would also endanger them from qualifying. That's why this line looks too good to be true.

lovetobet

You meant to say Spain is garbage, right?? My Portugal play might have more merit than was given credit, just saying. Guess we'll see.

whareouttogetme

No they are not, I wish, but no the US is not better than Portugal. Maybe we'll be better than them in the upcoming day, although I doubt that also but we are not better than Portugal. If you believe that then you don't know your soccer.
    The Portugal team who played Germany couldn't beat anyone in that group, and now they're with Pepe, Coentrao, Almeida and most likely Ronaldo.

You meant to say Spain is garbage, right?? My Portugal play might have more merit than was given credit, just saying. Guess we'll see.
    I have Portugal to qualify too, so I hope I'm wrong (maybe this will reverse jinx Portugal in our favour) but I just can't see it happening.

lovetobet

The Portugal team who played Germany couldn't beat anyone in that group, and now they're with Pepe, Coentrao, Almeida and most likely Ronaldo.

I have Portugal to qualify too, so I hope I'm wrong (maybe this will reverse jinx Portugal in our favour) but I just can't see it happening.
    I assume you mean these players will be out. I don't think "most likely Ronaldo" is accurate, everything I hear indicates he's going to play but I'm in the states maybe you're hearing more than I am. I agree those injuries/red card are significant but I would counter that with Jozy Altidore being out for the US is as big!! The US doesn't have anyone that can fill his role and I mean NO ONE. Then considering Clint Dempsey's broken nose, which will essentially make him less effective because of breathing/recovery issues, especially playing in the heat/humidity of the Amazon and the US has REAL problems. I would say the US injury concerns are at least equal if not of larger concern than Portugal's (if Ronaldo plays) because of the lack of real depth on the US team as compared to the Portugal squad.

What we don't know is whether there is a bunch of infighting going on with Portugal after the thrashing they took at the hands of Germany or whether it has pulled the squad together. I honestly think with the competition they face if it's the latter they will win and go through but if it's the first and there is infighting they won't go through, I honestly think it's pretty much that simple. If they are united and of like mind they certainly have the skill/talent to handle the US and Ghana, especially with the US injury.

whareouttogetme

I assume you mean these players will be out. I don't think "most likely Ronaldo" is accurate, everything I hear indicates he's going to play but I'm in the states maybe you're hearing more than I am. I agree those injuries/red card are significant but I would counter that with Jozy Altidore being out for the US is as big!! The US doesn't have anyone that can fill his role and I mean NO ONE. Then considering Clint Dempsey's broken nose, which will essentially make him less effective because of breathing/recovery issues, especially playing in the heat/humidity of the Amazon and the US has REAL problems. I would say the US injury concerns are at least equal if not of larger concern than Portugal's (if Ronaldo plays) because of the lack of real depth on the US team as compared to the Portugal squad.

What we don't know is whether there is a bunch of infighting going on with Portugal after the thrashing they took at the hands of Germany or whether it has pulled the squad together. I honestly think with the competition they face if it's the latter they will win and go through but if it's the first and there is infighting they won't go through, I honestly think it's pretty much that simple. If they are united and of like mind they certainly have the skill/talent to handle the US and Ghana, especially with the US injury.
    Ronaldo pulled out of training today becaues of issues with his knee again. Ronaldo's doctor has said if he plays he could risk his career