noob787
    noob787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Buy out of future?

i have 2 seperate bets of Germany/Portugal to advance in either order. Both bets are 150 to win 100. USA is now even money to qualify. Do i just roll with Portugal or hedge some of that back with USA to qualify?
    Last edited by noob787; 06-17-14 at 09:41 AM.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Depends, Portugal were awful, but they still only lost to a team who will most certainly reach the semi finals at least. They played with 10 men as well.

USA were nothing special yesterday apart from a lucky early goal, Ghana were just extremely poor and couldn't cross for shit. If USA hadn't scored the game would be much different.

Ghana can work on their passing, and if they actually start their best player this time (Boateng) they could be a difficult match for Portugal. However, because Portugal play USA first, I think Portugal can beat USA, and after that would be a better time to hedge.

Fun fact: in Euro 2012, Germany beat Portugal 1-0 in the opening game. Portugal went on to beat Holland and Denmark and reach the semifinals

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

when Portugal beats USA youll have nothing to worry about, Portugal may have had bad match but their a lot better then USA. USA ties that game if their REALLY lucky

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    Depends, Portugal were awful, but they still only lost to a team who will most certainly reach the semi finals at least. They played with 10 men as well.

USA were nothing special yesterday apart from a lucky early goal, Ghana were just extremely poor and couldn't cross for shit. If USA hadn't scored the game would be much different.

Ghana can work on their passing, and if they actually start their best player this time (Boateng) they could be a difficult match for Portugal. However, because Portugal play USA first, I think Portugal can beat USA, and after that would be a better time to hedge.

Fun fact: in Euro 2012, Germany beat Portugal 1-0 in the opening game. Portugal went on to beat Holland and Denmark and reach the semifinals
    Just curious, what was lucky about that goal? The throw in, the nice pass by Jones, the defender getting deked out of his shoes by Dempsey, or the goalie getting beat to the far post? If, if, if....

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

if you had money on Ghana, and the other team scores within the first minute that pretty damn bad

noob787
    noob787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

thread bump. Still think i should ride this out with Portugal? or take USA +.5 at even money. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks fellas.