farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Germany better then Portugal?

From what I've been reading so far I'm getting the impression Germany is goooood.

farmhouse1

Over 2.5? These teams know how to score don't they? Germany vs Portugal just sounds like a match where goals will be scored.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I would be insane to bet under now.

Germany 2 - 1 imo. Portugal isn't just all Ronaldo, but Germans are damn impressive (in groups).

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Doesn't matter. Just pick the over and be done with it

farmhouse1

Seriously. Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    Doesn't matter. Just pick the over and be done with it

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Germany is very good. Easily one of the three best teams in the world

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Germany is the most consistent football team in the world, if they don't win the world cup they always come really close. It'll be interesting to see how they start though.

heathaterno1
    heathaterno1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

stay away farmhouse. prob will go over and germany but could easily go the other way. With all these overs there has to be some unders and this same match did finish 1-0 at Euro 2012 where Germany won but Portugal were worthy of at least a draw. This is not the game for you to do one of your all ins. Ill tell you again, if you want to load the penetrate up it's Holland to beat Australia parlayed with Argentina to beat Iran.

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Over is normally not a lock when these two meet in elimination. But in group stage o2.5 is a fair shot.

Portugal goes as far as Ronaldo's knee is healthy. This is a big question mark. No way Portugal beat Germany w/o a healthy CR7.

anhhungcodoc
    anhhungcodoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

im riding the Over again . the Under will come with Nigeria vs Iran

farmhouse1

I wouldn't go all in in a match like this where there isn't a clear favorite thanks brotha. Just lookin for a lil early Action ya know? I feel like it is a tough match I don't think Portugal is a pushover at all. That sounds like a great parlay with Argentina & holland man.
    Quote Originally Posted by heathaterno1 View Post
    stay away farmhouse. prob will go over and germany but could easily go the other way. With all these overs there has to be some unders and this same match did finish 1-0 at Euro 2012 where Germany won but Portugal were worthy of at least a draw. This is not the game for you to do one of your all ins. Ill tell you again, if you want to load the penetrate up it's Holland to beat Australia parlayed with Argentina to beat Iran.

farmhouse1

The biggest issue for Portugal the past few weeks has been the health of world superstar Ronaldo. He has been dealing with tendonitis and a thigh issue, and is not likely to be at 100 percent against Germany. Moreover, veterans Pepe and Raul Meireles have missed some training due to recent injuries. This is an aging squad, with all 11 of the qualifying starters at least 26 years of age -- and five of them at least 30. Portugal rise and fall with Ronaldo. He has the ability to carry them to wins, but they also lack the firepower to overcome a subpar performance. The lack of a striker has been an issue for years, and Nani's poor form with Manchester United is well-documented. The midfield duo of Joao Moutinho and William Carvalho is another highlight of the starting XI.

On the other side, Germany is dealing with plenty of injuries. Marco Reus will miss the tournament with an ankle injury, while Ilkay Gundogan (back) and Holger Badstuber (knee) have had long injury recoveries and are also out. Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is one of the best in the world, but he was held out of friendlies with a shoulder injury. He will play. Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger was airlifted to a hospital on Saturday to have a scan on a knee injury he suffered last month, but he too is expected to be fit.

farmhouse1

These are two of the best teams in the world, with Germany among the World Cup favorites and Portugal having arguably one of the best players in the world in Ronaldo. This will be a match to watch.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Great teams have great defense. I'd be wary on betting the OVER for this game.

farmhouse1

Injuries have come in heavy measure for Germany coach Joachim Low. Those who have not even made it to Brazil include Ilkay Gundogan, who missed almost the entire season, Mario Gomez, who was discounted for selection because of an injury-plagued campaign with Fiorentina, and left-back Marcel Schmelzer, who was unable to convince Low of his fitness. An injury suffered to attacking midfielder Marco Reus in Germany’s final warm up game means he will also miss the competition, while key players Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Sami Khedira and Bastian Schweinsteiger all come into the competition after various fitness concerns.

farmhouse1

True.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Great teams have great defense. I'd be wary on betting the OVER for this game.

farmhouse1

Wherever Philipp Lahm plays, he's likely to come up against Cristiano Ronaldo, and one of the most solid defenders in the world will be given the ultimate test. It's rare for Lahm to have anything other than an 8/10 game - he's always very good, never great, certainly never poor. But Ronaldo is on another level to any other player in the world and if he can beat Lahm, he can win it for Portugal.

farmhouse1

I'm starting to get the feeling that Portugal is a live dog that could possibly win tomorrow from some stuff I'm reading on the web.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Portugal ML

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Both teams would be fairly content with a draw. They would each be confident of beating Ghana and USA in their other group games, and then it's just a matter of goal difference to decide which team wins the group. 0-0 or 1-1 wouldn't surprise here.
    Germany are the better team though, and I couldn't be backing Portugal against them.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

ronaldo is starting this game, im not sure how fit he is. i like germany with or without ronaldo.

Tony Williams
    Turquoise Jeep Records
    Tony Williams's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I am not familiar with soccer betting, but am becoming more familiar as the World Cup progresses. What does it mean when the spread has an additional spread added to the same moneyline (example: Germany -1/2, -1 +129)

Appreciate the clarification in advance, riding Germany on this one +102...just shifted to -101 on 5dimes

korki
    korki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I play German too. 2.15

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

odds dropping fast on germany

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

lean to germany but this has 1-1 written all over it

never seen so much copy and pasting of info in a forum as this week

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

be a lot of support for Portugal, will feel like a home game for them. They love Ronaldo out there

farmhouse1

Portugal is pretty talented team. Nobody worried about the injuries for Germany??

farmhouse1

Germany have only lost one of their last 18 games in the group stages of the World Cup, it was against Serbia on 18 June 2010 (0-1), winning 13 and drawing four.

farmhouse1

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored two goals from a total of 48 shots at the World Cup.

farmhouse1

Portugal have only won three of their 17 previous internationals against Germany (D5 L9), losing their last three at major tournaments (World Cup 2006, Euro 2012 and Euro 2008).

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Portugal is pretty talented team. Nobody worried about the injuries for Germany??
    Germany has alot more depth than Portugal, especially in midfield. No Reus, they can call upon Draxler, Gotze or Schurrie. If CR doesn't play well for Portugal, who do they have that can step up?

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

idk if this is confirmation bias or else, but these facts point strongly to germany win

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    idk if this is confirmation bias or else, but these facts point strongly to germany win
    although his first comment was :

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Ronaldo been struggling for like two months, looked like dogshit in the CL finale, looked like dogshit in the last friendly they had against Ireland. So his fitness level is bad at best and atrocious at worst. And i really wouldn't worry to much about Reus being ruled out for Germany, since Draxler is a far more intresting alternative and could really get his real breakthrough here if he's ready to step up to the plate. And if he ain't Götze has looked great ever since he came back from injury in the Dortmund v Bayern game last fall.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    and facts pointed to a Spain win

12 Last