MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Will any goal keeper score during the World Cup in normal time?

One of my books is offering $20 for a goal keeper to score a goal in normal time at the World Cup.

Is this a decent bet? Are there any goal keepers who take penalties?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

If Rogerio Ceni was Brazil keeper it would be great!

heathaterno1
    heathaterno1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    One of my books is offering $20 for a goal keeper to score a goal in normal time at the World Cup.

Is this a decent bet? Are there any goal keepers who take penalties?
    Spain vs Australia or Argentina vs Iran it could happen. Brazil vs Cameroon also. Still highly unlikely.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by heathaterno1 View Post
    Spain vs Australia or Argentina vs Iran it could happen. Brazil vs Cameroon also. Still highly unlikely.

why would a gk be more likely to score in those games? If anything it's less likely. Realistically the only chance of a GK scoring is if they go up for a corner/setplay in last minute of game when they team is desperate to score. With these games you've mentioned it's more likely that the big favourites will already have game wrapped up so have no need to send a gk up!

heathaterno1

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

why would a gk be more likely to score in those games? If anything it's less likely. Realistically the only chance of a GK scoring is if they go up for a corner/setplay in last minute of game when they team is desperate to score. With these games you've mentioned it's more likely that the big favourites will already have game wrapped up so have no need to send a gk up!
    You said it vaughny! Theyll already have it wrapped up, so if theyre destroying the opposition, and they get a penalty which is very likely, their keepers will step up and take a penalty to get everyone in on the party! Example is Argentina is up 5-0, earn a pk because of the rubbish team cant deal with the trickey and commits a hack of a challenge in the box, keeper steps up as a miss wont hurt.

Comon Vaughany I thought you were a switched on mofo!
    Last edited by heathaterno1; 06-11-14 at 06:51 AM. Reason: edit
    Points Awarded:

frugalgambler gave heathaterno1 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

heathaterno1

As I said, still highly unlikely, but it can happen.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

You said it vaughny! Theyll already have it wrapped up, so if theyre destroying the opposition, and they get a penalty which is very likely, their keepers will step up and take a penalty to get everyone in on the party! Example is Argentina is up 5-0, earn a pk because of the rubbish team cant deal with the trickey and commits a hack of a challenge in the box, keeper steps up as a miss wont hurt.

Deleted. Albeit I did find the post above funny, I think I should not be making this personal.
    Last edited by frugalgambler; 06-11-14 at 09:45 AM.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

There is a reason the books are offering +2000 on that one, there has never been a goalkeeper scoring at a WC (in fact the first ever such goal at FIFA competition happened a few years ago at a U17 WC). There are a few goalies who take PKs, but none of them are expected to play at this WC. And then in a national squad, strikers take PK (plus do not forget about the golden boot award).
    Last edited by frugalgambler; 06-11-14 at 09:45 AM.

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

Unfortunately there is no Poland with Boruc or Kuszczak they have "ability" to miss shot from another goalie even from 80metres.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha fair enough, good points!