B - Spain, Netherlands

C - Colombia, Japan

D - Italy, England

E - France, Ecuador

F - Argentina, Nigeria

G - Germany, Portugal

F - Russia, Belgium

Futures

All plays will be at $20 unless stated otherwise. Want to enjoy the World Cup more than stressing out.

1) To Finish Bottom Of Group Parlay

Australia, Costa Rica and Honduras @ 1.98

Can anyone see them picking 3 points in any games? Australia and Honduras probably can't score with no creativity or good strikers so I doubt they can win any games. Costa Rica have more quality than the 1st 2 teams but they are group with England, Italy and Uruguay.

2) Group Dual Cast

England and Italy @ 2.87

I really dislike overrated England but this time I like the team that Roy Hodgson called up. It consist about 8 Everton and Liverpool players. Both the clubs have played exceptionally well and with alot of confidence. I see that piping aging Uruguay to that spot to the 2nd round. And Suarez could be lacking in match fitness after the operation.

3) Golden Boot Winner(Top Scorer)

Fred(Brazil) @ 21

He was last year Confederations Cup top scorer(finished 2nd because he took more mins to score). If Brazil go far in the tournament, I could see him scoring 5-6 goals which should be enough for him to win the top scorer award again. At this price, I have to make a play on him.

4) 5 Teams Parlay

France(v Honduras) x Netherlands(v Australia) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Spain(v Australia) @ 4.02

5) 11 Teams Parlay

Brazil(v Croatia) x Chile(v Australia) x Uruguay(v Costa Rica) x France(v Honduras) x Argentina(v Bosnia) x Belgium(v Algeria) x Brazil(v Mexico) x Netherlands(v Australia) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Germany(v Ghana) @ 35.76 x $10

6) 14 Teams Parlay

Brazil(v Croatia) x Chile(v Australia) x Colombia(v Greece) x Uruguay(v Costa Rica) x France(v Honduras) x Argentina(v Bosnia) x Belgium(v Algeria) x Brazil(v Mexico) x Netherlands(v Australia) x Spain(v Chile) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Germany(v Ghana) x Portugal(v USA) @ 188.11 x $10

That's all for now, probably a few more in the next few days.
    Last edited by vasilli07; 06-09-14 at 01:06 AM.

smb26
    smb26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

1- For me I don't believe England will go through (Uruguay will qualify)
    2- Am going to do the same 5 teams parlay (I might add one more)
    3- Belgium vs Algeria (I think you should go with double chance), same thing for Germany vs Ghana
    4- I agree with bottom finishers (I also think Iran will finish at the bottom)
    Last edited by smb26; 06-08-14 at 02:26 PM. Reason: I meant Uruguay will qualify

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

chile r not in englands group; uraguay n costa rica are. don't matter tho cuz England still wont qualify lol n this is coming from a English fan

smb26

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    chile r not in englands group; uraguay n costa rica are. don't matter tho cuz England still wont qualify lol n this is coming from a English fan
    My bad I meant Uruguay

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

wat u guys fink bout aguero top scorer? argentina go a easy group n messi I think will be double teamed n leave space

smb26

wat u guys fink bout aguero top scorer? argentina go a easy group n messi I think will be double teamed n leave space
    I do believe that Argentina will be the highest scoring team, but that doesn't mean the top scorer must be from them because I think the scoring will be distributed over Messi/Aguero/Higuain/Lavezzi also there is DiMaria who will mostly be shooting a lot from outside the box

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Messi plays either the left or as a "10" so I like Higuain to rack up their goals. However I also played Neymar and Fred.

Spain to win group - 1.6
    Germany to win group - 1.6

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Wow, you have Russia to win its group ? Just a heads up they lost their best offensive player and captain of the team; and their second best offensive player is questionable. I think they have a good chance to be eliminated by Algeria. They will probably qualify but I do not see them winning the group.

heathaterno1
    heathaterno1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

outstanding bet. Has a great chance.

heathaterno1

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Group Stage Qualifiers Predictions

A - Brazil, Mexico

B - Spain, Netherlands

C - Colombia, Japan

D - Italy, England

E - France, Ecuador

F - Argentina, Nigeria

G - Germany, Portugal

F - Russia, Belgium

Futures

All plays will be at $20 unless stated otherwise. Want to enjoy the World Cup more than stressing out.

1) To Finish Bottom Of Group Parlay

Australia, Costa Rica and Honduras @ 1.98

Can anyone see them picking 3 points in any games? Australia and Honduras probably can't score with no creativity or good strikers so I doubt they can win any games. Costa Rica have more quality than the 1st 2 teams but they are group with England, Italy and Uruguay.

2) Group Dual Cast

England and Italy @ 2.87

I really dislike overrated England but this time I like the team that Roy Hodgson called up. It consist about 8 Everton and Liverpool players. Both the clubs have played exceptionally well and with alot of confidence. I see that piping aging Uruguay to that spot to the 2nd round. And Suarez could be lacking in match fitness after the operation.

3) Golden Boot Winner(Top Scorer)

Fred(Brazil) @ 21

He was last year Confederations Cup top scorer(finished 2nd because he took more mins to score). If Brazil go far in the tournament, I could see him scoring 5-6 goals which should be enough for him to win the top scorer award again. At this price, I have to make a play on him.

4) 5 Teams Parlay

France(v Honduras) x Australia(v Netherlands) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Spain(v Australia) @ 4.02

5) 11 Teams Parlay

Brazil(v Croatia) x Chile(v Australia) x Uruguay(v Costa Rica) x France(v Honduras) x Argentina(v Bosnia) x Belgium(v Algeria) x Brazil(v Mexico) x Netherlands(v Australia) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Germany(v Ghana) @ 35.76 x $10

6) 14 Teams Parlay

Brazil(v Croatia) x Chile(v Australia) x Colombia(v Greece) x Uruguay(v Costa Rica) x France(v Honduras) x Argentina(v Bosnia) x Belgium(v Algeria) x Brazil(v Mexico) x Netherlands(v Australia) x Spain(v Chile) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Germany(v Ghana) x Portugal(v USA) @ 188.11 x $10

That's all for now, probably a few more in the next few days.
    I like it vasilli. Youve always been a switched on mofo. Very good sports brain on you, your soccer mind is immense. As for the 3 team parlay yeah looks fantastic only team with a chance of winning imo is Honduras and even that is a long shot. Costa Rica and Australia have no chance. The Parlays look awesome too. I agree, enjoy the cup rater than worry about stressing over huge dollars. Ive put some parlays on since the draw was made, wont kill me if they lose but I did load up over 5k. Good bets though. I threw 2k on Every team to beat Australia, Italy and Uruguay to beat Costa Rica, Brazil to beat Croatia, France t beat Honduras and Argentina to beat Bosnia or Iran I cant recall. The way I look at it isits a great bet with a great chance to win if it doesnt come in well it was certainly worth the gamble/probability.

Keep up the good work!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

4) 5 Teams Parlay

France(v Honduras) x Australia(v Netherlands) x Italy(v Costa Rica) x Argentina(v Iran) x Spain(v Australia) @ 4.02
    Quote Originally Posted by smb26 View Post
    2- Am going to do the same 5 teams parlay (I might add one more)
    Why do you two think Australia will beat Netherlands?

heathaterno1

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    he chose netherlands. he knows australia are about as good as the milwaukee bucks.

smb26

It is what the guy above have said, Netherlands will beat Australia, Australia should thank Bin Hammam for qualifying. They dont deserve being in WC

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I'm confused then...

Doesn't this mean he chose Australia?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I'm confused then...

it does, but its obviously an error based on the odds he's got. Or he's just got the worst book on the planet

heathaterno1

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    it does, but its obviously an error based on the odds he's got. Or he's just got the worst book on the planet

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I'm confused then...

Typo error. Should be Netherlands(v Australia), like the other 2 parlays below.

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Wow, you have Russia to win its group ? Just a heads up they lost their best offensive player and captain of the team; and their second best offensive player is questionable. I think they have a good chance to be eliminated by Algeria. They will probably qualify but I do not see them winning the group.
    Group H is probably the most open group in the tournament. Belgium maybe the overwhelming favs but will they be able to cope the favs tag? We have seen alot of so-called golden generation teams failing to live up to their favs tag in the past. Russians will hard to be beat under Fabio Capello. They will set up to be defensively tight. Algeria and South Korea are both young teams but Algeria do have abit more quality. I'm going with a team with 1 of the most successful and experienced coach in Fabio Capello.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: heathaterno1

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by heathaterno1 View Post
    I like it vasilli. Youve always been a switched on mofo. Very good sports brain on you, your soccer mind is immense. As for the 3 team parlay yeah looks fantastic only team with a chance of winning imo is Honduras and even that is a long shot. Costa Rica and Australia have no chance. The Parlays look awesome too. I agree, enjoy the cup rater than worry about stressing over huge dollars. Ive put some parlays on since the draw was made, wont kill me if they lose but I did load up over 5k. Good bets though. I threw 2k on Every team to beat Australia, Italy and Uruguay to beat Costa Rica, Brazil to beat Croatia, France t beat Honduras and Argentina to beat Bosnia or Iran I cant recall. The way I look at it isits a great bet with a great chance to win if it doesnt come in well it was certainly worth the gamble/probability.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks. Your plays sound pretty good too. Hopefully we have more discussions during the World Cup.

heathaterno1

Thanks. Your plays sound pretty good too. Hopefully we have more discussions during the World Cup.
    Sounds like a plan!

fauxreal
    fauxreal's Avatar Become A Pro!

What you guys think about Benzema scoring the most goals out of the Real Madrid players? It's at +200 at bet365, and since Ronaldo is far from top form(also Portugal is in a tough group, may not even go through) and France is in a super easy group I think Benzema is a pretty good pick here. We saw him dominate yesterday against Jamaica and he seems to be the main source of goals for France.

Any comments on this bet?

frugalgambler

Group H is probably the most open group in the tournament. Belgium maybe the overwhelming favs but will they be able to cope the favs tag? We have seen alot of so-called golden generation teams failing to live up to their favs tag in the past. Russians will hard to be beat under Fabio Capello. They will set up to be defensively tight. Algeria and South Korea are both young teams but Algeria do have abit more quality. I'm going with a team with 1 of the most successful and experienced coach in Fabio Capello.
    Yeah, Russia is more disciplined on defense with Capello, but they struggle to score. With Shirokov out and Dzagoev questionable, they simply do not have enough creativity there. Note, they do not have any players from top European leagues on the team, for the first time since Soviet Union times.
    Last edited by frugalgambler; 06-09-14 at 03:41 PM.

vasilli07

Yeah, Russia is more disciplined on defense with Capello, but they struggle to score. With Shirokov out and Dzagoev questionable, they simply do not have enough creativity there. Note, they do not have any players from top European leagues on the team, for the first time since Soviet Union times.
    You brought up a point that I came across when reading the Russia team analysis the other day.

The presence of local Russian players in this side is tremendous. Have they missed out by not going abroad, and will this affect them? Do you think perhaps some experience abroad would have helped them in a World Cup?

That’s been the case for many years. Most of present Russian players have salaries they’d never get in Europe so they don’t see many reasons to leave. Will it affect them in Brazil? Well, it didn’t in Euro 2008… Yet when there were players from the English Premier League in the side they failed to get out of the group four years later.

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by fauxreal View Post
    What you guys think about Benzema scoring the most goals out of the Real Madrid players? It's at +200 at bet365, and since Ronaldo is far from top form(also Portugal is in a tough group, may not even go through) and France is in a super easy group I think Benzema is a pretty good pick here. We saw him dominate yesterday against Jamaica and he seems to be the main source of goals for France.

Benzema is a very streaky striker. He just ended his 1222 minutes goal drought for France last Oct. CR will also have alot more scoring chances for Portugal as he is usually the free kick taker in dangerous positions and pk taker.

If you are confident on Benzema, why not just bet on him being the top team goalscorer for France? Benzema is $2.50, lower odds but don't need to worry about CR scoring more.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

bosnia > nigeria

heathaterno1

That group isnt that easy. Switzerland game is a derby and Ecuador are pretty good especially being in South America.

frugalgambler

You brought up a point that I came across when reading the Russia team analysis the other day.
    I have seen that point, but apart from possibly Shirokov and maybe Akinfeev (the goalie) none of these dudes would ever get an invitation to EPL. They are just not EPL caliber players. The Russian domestic championship is dominated by foreigners, especially on the attacking side, despite high salaries for Russians and everybody. The best Russian-born scorer is not even on the team (a clash with Capello). So we will see. I am not big on Russians in team sports in general, especially in soccer and hockey.

Don't forget that in 2008 Zenit won the UEFA Cup and Arshavin was in his prime, probably the last soccer "wizard" to come out of Russia. Anyway, we will see. I am obviously liking Belgium to win the group; Russia will probably finish second (unless they will be upset by Algeria, a great line @+450 by the way) and most likely will lose to either Germany or Portugal in the round of 16.
    Last edited by frugalgambler; 06-10-14 at 01:16 AM.

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

Portugal is in a tough group?? They are with Ghana and USA... In my opinion they even got a shot at the first place, if Ronaldo is 100 %.

benitrinity
    benitrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1523

All you guys who bet against Croatia - remember this - you will lose your money!

COLLEGEBALLGURU
    COLLEGEBALLGURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quintero from Columbia will shine if he gets his chance . I'm going allin on Columbia winning that group at +101

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by COLLEGEBALLGURU View Post
    Quintero from Columbia will shine if he gets his chance . I'm going allin on Columbia winning that group at +101
    Not just Quintero....Cuadrado on the wing and Balante in the back. Colombian squad full of talent.
    dont like tieing up my money like that but i think Colombia gets first. Hope they come through for you

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

James Rodriguez and Cuadrado could be the stars of the show

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    James Rodriguez and Cuadrado could be the stars of the show
    James is dangerous on the move. his passing cerebral.
    Just hope Pekerman keeps this talented young group sharp. Colombians are too flamboyant and dont respond to pressure (or being down a goal) very well.

vasilli07

I have seen that point, but apart from possibly Shirokov and maybe Akinfeev (the goalie) none of these dudes would ever get an invitation to EPL. They are just not EPL caliber players. The Russian domestic championship is dominated by foreigners, especially on the attacking side, despite high salaries for Russians and everybody. The best Russian-born scorer is not even on the team (a clash with Capello). So we will see. I am not big on Russians in team sports in general, especially in soccer and hockey.

Don't forget that in 2008 Zenit won the UEFA Cup and Arshavin was in his prime, probably the last soccer "wizard" to come out of Russia. Anyway, we will see. I am obviously liking Belgium to win the group; Russia will probably finish second (unless they will be upset by Algeria, a great line @+450 by the way) and most likely will lose to either Germany or Portugal in the round of 16.
    If you like Algeria, you should really bet on the DNB(draw no bet) against South Korea. They will surely need a win against them if they are to qualify. The odds are 2.8 at the moment. If you like them for an outright win, you could even get it at 3.95.

tennis005
    tennis005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5096

I like Neymar, Confederation Cup is much different than World Cup..Fred may not start every game

12 Last