THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    Soccer is too simple for the american mind.

The US loves sports that defy the body, AND the mind.

By the way, you remind me of some other poster here at SBR. You know what a ghost is?

Greetings.
    If you dont think soccer defies the body then you have never played at a high level.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

soccer is too complex for our african american population. they are used to violence, not acting.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Because it's friggin boring

If they shortened the field substantially and stopped flopping it would still be boring but at least have more action

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

They need to get rid of off side calls and the ties need to go.

otherwise its too boring watching 90 minute game that has a high chance of ending in 0-0. penetrate ties

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

bros, i saw this fcker yesterday in mls not even touched, goes down holding his leg. he gets medical help for like five minutes. then he gets carted just off the field of play. then he proceeds to stand up and jog around just like normal. that shit aint right.

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

low scoring, draws, flopping, not a 'murican sport. I think the last one has a lot to do with the adoption of soccer/fubol in the US. People here sometimes have a hard time adopting something that is/was not originated here. The thing that will change if it ever does is how will the networks find a way to make money off of it. The popularity is there, has been with youth leagues for decades. but can the tv networks tap into that fanbase that has moved on to other "American" sports, basically because of a lack of a dominant professional league and make money off them. mls is still, I wouldn't say in its infancy but moving to adolescents, a young league, once the tv networks find the money making formula then soccer will take off. more money for networks, leads to bigger tv contracts for mls, leads to mls signing more highly skilled/higher profile players aka "stars", Americans embrace get attached to "Stars". then you will see US embrace soccer like the rest of the world, but it comes down to money.

First 1234