We have ourselves another Thursday of Europa League action, with 4 matches on the card. I'm a big footy fan, so I'll share my thoughts for today. I had never tracked my picks closely, but I now use the SBR spreadsheet since last week to track everything. I'm 4-3 in footy picks (+$66.96). Hopefully I can add to that today.

Benfica - AZ Alkmaar
  • Big Benfica fan, have been all my life, and I don't miss a match. They've been in rampant form, after a sloppy start to the campaign. They lead the Portuguese League, and with 4 matches remaining, they need five to be crowned champions for the 33rd time. They defeated AZ in the first leg 0-1, with a squad that had some rotation in it. Their manager has done well to rotate the squad this season, after last year's catastrophe at the end of the season. The ML for this match is very high. BetOnline has it listed at -400, while my locally bookie has it at -315. That's a lot of juice to lay. Benfica should win, and they should win by at least two. I don't think AZ will score. The O/U is at 2.5, but I think that's a risk because I think Benfica will def. score, but it's a matter of how open of a game will AZ will play.

Juventus - Lyon
  • Lyon are dealing with a number of injuries, and after losing 0-1 at home with a late goal from the Italian's, they are up against a tough challenge in Turin. Juve have yet to lose at home this season, and have only drawn 3, and all of them came in Europe. (2-2 vs Galatasaray, 2-2 vs Real Madrid & 1-1 vs Fiorentina) From their last 10 home fixtures, Juve have won by 2 or more goals six times. Lyon on the other hand, have lost four of their last 10, two in Europe, and 2 in Ligue 1. With the ML being so high -325, I will likely take a shot at the -1.5 for Juve.. Reason... Lyon's injuries have hurt them, and in domestic play, they 4 points out of a European Spot. I think the French side will clearly not throw in the towel here, but I would imagine their main focus will be to finish strong in Ligue 1, with six matches remaining. Juve has a lot of talent across the board. They put Anthony Lopes to test in France, and tonight in Turin, it will take another outstanding performance from the Portuguese shot-stopper to keep the hosts off the scoresheet.

Will take a look at the other 2 matches and share my thoughts shortly. Share your thoughts...