justkyle88
    justkyle88's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's your maximum spend/bets per day?

You would assume the more "good" bets you make the quicker you will surpass variance, but how many bets per day or max amount you bet per day?

Do you limit your bets?
    Do you only make a certain amount of bets per day?

puregambling
    puregambling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3131

Use to bet on anything man in play then ended losing big.

Now I have learned lesson.

Bets now varies according to confidence on the bets can go as high as £200 minimum is £10.

Try to limit as well not the amount of money but the plays I make is less. Especially when up for the day try to stop and set a target of winnings then onto the next day.

When down stop and don't make a bet unless there is a value play. Usually stick to the big teams as well that is constantly winning matches and not just some random team.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I try not to limit myself. Nowadays with all the live options and other bets it's kind of silly to not always be looking to make money. These live lines are often soft and based off of numbers rather then what is actually happening in the contest. Typically I go through all the lines and mark down anything I even remotely have a lean to. Then I go through each game based on which plays lines may be active. After that I go through games I don't have marked down to see if I missed something. When it's all said and done I bet everything that made the cut from 3x-0.5x.

So no I don't limit my plays. Sometimes I play bigger but only maybe only 4-7 times per year.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

I don't really limit myself but I have learnt to be more selective which I found made a bigger difference than applying a strict limIt on size and quantity.

There is a ton of info out there about the "best" practices for money management and how you should bet.

For me personally this "best" practice didn't suit me.

AussiePunter123
    AussiePunter123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Best advice I ever got was to 'paper trade' for 3 years before actually betting real money.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePunter123 View Post
    Best advice I ever got was to 'paper trade' for 3 years before actually betting real money.
    you have paper traded for 3 years but think these odds are normal: 2.10 1.50 2.10?

AussiePunter123

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    you have paper traded for 3 years but think these odds are normal: 2.10 1.50 2.10?
    Never said I did that, just said that was the advice I had been given. There is a distinct difference champ.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

oh, ok. so u just ignored the advice you regard as the "best advice u ever got?"

makes less sense buddy.

AussiePunter123

Never said that. Have only been paper trading for 3 months.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

then my original concern was valid.
    you have been paper trading for three *months* but think this odds are normal: 2.10 1.50 2.10

lunchtime coffee over, not having a go as i want everyone to win - but some of the things you come out with are hard to ignore, good luck.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Most I every threw down was 400-500$$ but usually do $50-$150