JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Man U-Olym 1st half

Weary of this match given the way Man U has played and I know there's a couple threads about it already but I was looking at taking 1st half O1. It very well could be a push but given an 0-2 deficit and the need to attack early I was thinking a goal in the 1st half isn't too much to ask for. Getting a 2nd might be a tougher task but as of now I like the 1st half total a little more than the game due to the push factor.

Overbettor
    Overbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

I was thinking the EXACT same thing truthfully. Don't see how we don't atleast push the total here. Think I'll wait a bit longer but definitely a play of mine at this point

JT OZ

Thanks for the feedback, usually any thread I make in the soccer sub-forum goes mostly unnoticed but I haven't followed the sport as closely this season so I'm looking for some assistance. I realize Man U is in poor form but like others have mentioned the Champs League is something that can provide some relief from their poor league campaign.

Overbettor

I just read that olymp have only been shutout like 3 times in 40+ games and have yet to be blanked in champions play. Given the fact that olymp only really need to score one goal here and man U has to attack and attack some more this play seems almost too easy. Is it to good to be true? We'll see cuz im hammering it. Gl if you play

JT OZ

Hammering the 1st half? The interesting thing to me is what you said about going for essentially the knockout goal and know if they can get it early then they could pack it in. I did some reading on the match that would suggest they won't necessarily 'park the bus' but just because you read about a potential strategy doesn't mean they are actually going to employ it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

in theory should be good, but id rather wait and see how opening 5-10 mins looks...if Olympiakos just set out to put every man behind the ball and bunker up you may well be in for a frustrating night with Man U just hitting aimless crosses in to box for 50-60 mins! if Olympiakos come out and try and surprise Man U by scoring an earlyish away goal then the bet is golden

Overbettor

This is true but whatever their strategy doesn't change the fact that man U still has to charge forward definitely leaving themselves open for the counterattack....which I understand is a strength of olymp. Firmly believe in the push at worst here but maybe you're right and not the spot to hammer! Thanks for the cautionary response. Might've saved me some $$

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    in theory should be good, but id rather wait and see how opening 5-10 mins looks...if Olympiakos just set out to put every man behind the ball and bunker up you may well be in for a frustrating night with Man U just hitting aimless crosses in to box for 50-60 mins! if Olympiakos come out and try and surprise Man U by scoring an earlyish away goal then the bet is golden
    I'm hoping for the latter of that statement but like you said you never know until things get started and can actually see how it plays out rather than reading about potential strategy. From what I have gathered I see them going for an away goal but I'm sure more experienced soccer guys could chime in and say in most of these cases the team with the lead is going to try and hold onto it rather than risk giving up an early goal themselves being aggressive.

Overbettor

Damn, what do you think is the more probable scenario? They come out and attack or put everyman behind the ball as you say??

Overbettor

Nevermind, my book sucks and already moved the line to ov1 1.5

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by Overbettor View Post
    Nevermind, my book sucks and already moved the line to ov1 1.5
    I took O1 with the juice which at my book was the same as the full game over. I figure the odds of a 1st half push are better than the full game over so at the same price I took the 1st half. Obviously the stinger will be a 1st half push with the game going over but those are the chances we take. As far as the strategy from the visitors all I can go off of is what I have read and like Vaughany said you really don't know until we see it.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

5dimes got live betting now take advantage and wait 20mins in then go for over .5 if ur comfortable.

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    5dimes got live betting now take advantage and wait 20mins in then go for over .5 if ur comfortable.
    Probably the best scenario for those with that option but I'll take my chances and hope for a push at worst which means 0-0 at half! GL to everyone today.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quite clearly there are a lot of variables involved here which is why im not betting either way before game starts. My inkling is tht it will be a game of two halves in tht one half will be tight and the other half wide open with at least 2 goals (0-0 in other half)....only question is whether its first half which has goals or second half! If rooney and van persie show up and rise to the occassion. (And they are due! ) then man utD could easily score 2 in first half...afterall this olympiakos has concede goals this season against teams like paok, atromitos, pao etc...

Overbettor

I've decided to play the over 1st half and both teams to score. Now I'm debating sprinkling a little on olymp ml and dortmund/zenit both teams to score!

edabramov

Quite clearly there are a lot of variables involved here which is why im not betting either way before game starts. My inkling is tht it will be a game of two halves in tht one half will be tight and the other half wide open with at least 2 goals (0-0 in other half)....only question is whether its first half which has goals or second half! If rooney and van persie show up and rise to the occassion. (And they are due! ) then man utD could easily score 2 in first half...afterall this olympiakos has concede goals this season against teams like paok, atromitos, pao etc...

watch man u score in first 2 mins

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

BTTS is the better bet IMO

Overbettor

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    BTTS is the better bet IMO
    I took that and btts in dortmund..what the hell, why not

edabramov

I took that and btts in dortmund..what the hell, why not
    From Dortmund website.

" Borussia Dortmund have yet to concede a goal at home to Russian opposition "

Zenit doesn't deserve to be in Champions League, they're AT MOST a Europa League team.

Although Dortmunds defence is not at its best, they won't take anything for granted.

addic3t
    Update your status
    addic3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5021

Greece teams are known to play very defensively away from home and since they got 2-0 to go from. They will park the bus and waiting for counter. Man U cant either attack forcely, since 1 goal conceded and they need to score 4 goals to advance. Its much more important to not concede any goals, then score goals, since 2 goals are not impossible to do and expect both teams to wait for either for mistakes. Probably will end with 1-0 or 0-0 after 1 halfe. None of the team will take any risks at 1 halfe.

Overbettor

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    From Dortmund website.

" Borussia Dortmund have yet to concede a goal at home to Russian opposition "

Zenit doesn't deserve to be in Champions League, they're AT MOST a Europa League team.

Although Dortmunds defence is not at its best, they won't take anything for granted.
    Well in that case the russians are more than due to net one here! Its very possible imo that they both score today but thank you so much for the info. Good find
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: edabramov

edabramov

I think this will be another Austria Vienna game for Zenit.

4-1 type scoreline.

AVB not stepping in for this game, but he's gonna observe his offensive options. Let's see if they're gonna try to impress their new manager.

amarius87
    amarius87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4302

olympiakos will be attacking , that there plan according to there goalie and players...

moguler
    moguler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8093

Under it is, you square boys. Watch and learn.

whareouttogetme

Giggs CDM and Welbeck LW??

whareouttogetme

Got an early winner here... who took over on number of cards?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Good chance wasted by olympiakos

edabramov

Well in that case the russians are more than due to net one here! Its very possible imo that they both score today but thank you so much for the info. Good find
    Not gonna jynx, but you're pretty much GOOD at this point.

Nice!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Rooney hits post and nobody there for rebound

whareouttogetme

Good chance wasted by olympiakos
    Yeah what a ball in that was though

Olympiakos making a lot of mistakes defensively

whareouttogetme

What a stupid defender, no need for that

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yee stupid. No way van persie misses

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Holy jizz! Amazing double save by de Gea...olympiakos gonna rue not taking these chances me thinks!

addic3t
    Update your status
    addic3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5021

oupsss wrong thread
    Last edited by addic3t; 03-19-14 at 03:34 PM.

whareouttogetme

Stupid mistake to give away that penalty, and poor defending for that second goal...

Add that to some amazing saves by De Gea, and it's bye-bye Olympiakos

12 Last