Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Julian Green announced he is joining USMNT. World Cup futures could jump?

This is great news for US Soccer. USA is finally respected enough to pull one back!

World Cup Odds should adjust right? We are talking about a Bayern Munich player who wasnt 50/50 to be on the squad.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Lol.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Chhhhhild please!

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Lol.
    Talented player, nothing more.
    You realize he is playing in the 4th German League, right?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Never fukkin heard of him pal

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Guaranteed 99% of SBR have no idea who you are talking about! kid has potential to be a phenom...but far too young and inexperienced to make a significant impact in this WC!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Trolling post?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Lol.
    Talented player, nothing more.
    You realize he is playing in the 4th German League, right?
    He got on the field for the BM...for a few minutes. But would Altidore or Dempsey be playing? They have their collective play so its not about whose individually the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Guaranteed 99% of SBR have no idea who you are talking about! kid has potential to be a phenom...but far too young and inexperienced to make a significant impact in this WC!
    Whats your depth chart at forward for US? US forwards are in a funk with their teams.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Will he be the next wonderkid like Freddy Adu?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Will be really good next World Cup.....not really now but regardless, a huge prospect for the US

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    He got on the field for the BM...for a few minutes. But would Altidore or Dempsey be playing? They have their collective play so its not about whose individually the best.

Whats your depth chart at forward for US? US forwards are in a funk with their teams.
    Jozy will start.....He's in a shitty situation at Sunderland, I watch their games alot and their midfield is straight up garbage...no creativity, no good service, nothing.....He is doing everything well lately except actually scoring, but if you watch the games, he doesn't get many opportunities for that....He needs to step up the goal scoring but he's had a few good games the past couple months

Also Aaron Johannson you gotta look out for....He's been doing well in the Dutch league and should be second choice striker at the moment

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

he chose US cuz he knows he likely would never have had a chance to play for the German national team.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    The Same guy who can't even get a sniff from a team anymore...not even the MLS wants him anymore

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Haha

julian green is flying under the radar a bit unlike adu who was hyped so much it was alwys going to go up!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    he chose US cuz he knows he likely would never have had a chance to play for the German national team.
    Not necessarilyy...if he breaksthrough in to bayern first team in next couple of years then hed have a great chance of playing for germany just by default!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

johansson, dempsey, altidore, donovan, even wondolowski....might not be world beaters but i doubt kilinsmann would drop them in order to play Green

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USA Soccer has improved but we will never be a world power in that sport, the best athletes do not play it in usa as oppossed to other countries.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Yeah, he got on the field because he is a very promising young player.
    No, Altidore or Dempsey wouldn't get minutes. But that's because they are not young promising players.
    And well, he played 3 minutes. That's it.
    Plays a big role for the 2nd team in the 4th league though, no doubt.
    Would probably be the best if he gets out on loan for 2 years for a smaller Bundesliga club. We did that with guys like Lahm, Kroos, Alaba etc as well. Always worked out great.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah, he got on the field because he is a very promising young player.
    No, Altidore or Dempsey wouldn't get minutes. But that's because they are not young promising players.
    And well, he played 3 minutes. That's it.
    Plays a big role for the 2nd team in the 4th league though, no doubt.
    Would probably be the best if he gets out on loan for 2 years for a smaller Bundesliga club. We did that with guys like Lahm, Kroos, Alaba etc as well. Always worked out great.

Yee would like to see him follow Alaba's footsteps and go on loan to Hoffenheim..would be a good fit I think...possible replacement for Volland if he leaves which i expect he will at end of season. Although maybe it wouldnt do much for developing his defensive game going to hoffenheim!

what do you make of Hojbjerg...seems like another great talent tht could maybe make it in to 1st team in a couple years
    Last edited by Vaughany; 03-24-14 at 04:45 PM.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Yee would like to see him follow Alaba's footsteps and go on loan to Hoffenheim..would be a good fit I think...possible replacement for Volland if he leaves which i expect he will at end of season. Although maybe it wouldnt do much for developing his defensive game going to hoffenheim!

what do you make of Hojbjerg...seems like another great talent tht could maybe make it in to 1st team in a couple years
    Hoffenheim officials said they won't let Volland leave. But honestly I think there is a 95% chance that he is gone after the season (Dortmund seems to be VERY interested). I really hope one of these clubs like Hoffenheim will make a move to get Green for 2 years. The 4th league isn't good enough for him to develope his full potential. There is a slight chance, that Shaqiri might leave Bayern after this season, this could be a great opportunity for him to get minutes next season. Otherwise it would be the best to get him out on a loan.

Höjbjerg is a monster. Guardiola said: "Höjbjerg will be a big player one day". Our coach likes him, I think he will play exclusively for the 1st team next season. One of the most talented players I ever saw. Youngest player to ever play for the 1st team of us as well. He is a player that I never saw like that before: big body, but athletic as hell. Always thinking defensively, but can make a huge impact offensively as well. Great goal scorer, too.
    His only "problem" right now is, that Bayern has so so so many great players on his positions right now. Will be interesting to see what happens with Kroos and Schweinsteiger after this season. If one of them decides to leave the club, he has a big chance of getting minutes. But anyway, he is only 18 now, he has lots of time (same goes for Green as well of course). I have mixed emotions regarding Höjbjerg right now. On one hand, I think he needs to play regularly on a high level. But then again I think he can learn so much every day while training with the best of the game at Bayerns 1st team, that he doesnt necessarily have to play.
    No matter what happens: If this kid doesn't have any major injuries we will see him as a leading player in the next 4-5 years. Mark my words.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yee ive watched him at youth level for denmark and was always class.

I think volland will go to dortmund, along with Ramos

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Yee ive watched him at youth level for denmark and was always class.

I think volland will go to dortmund, along with Ramos
    Yep, guy is great and will definitely make his way.

I think Dortmund is the most likely destination, yeah. There are still rumours though regarding the clause in his contract. Not sure whether it's 2014 or 2015. If Firmino leaves Hoffenheim after this season (and most likely he will....), I don't think Hoffenheim will let Volland leave the same year as well (if the clause is for 2015 only). Otherwise they'll have a massive problem with their fans. But hey: let's hope they'll both leave, so Hoffenheim makes a move for Green

btw: no idea what Dortmund wants with Ramos.... Still hoping they'll try and sign Lukaku. Could be the perfect player for them. Anyway, Dortmund needs to sign some players after this season. Or next season Bayern will win the title even earlier then this season.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Not necessarilyy...if he breaksthrough in to bayern first team in next couple of years then hed have a great chance of playing for germany just by default!

nope, once you play for a national team you are not allowed to switch

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    nope, once you play for a national team you are not allowed to switch
    Lol no shit! Youve misunderstood what i saying. I was talking about his chances of getting in the Germany team...guy said he is pickin USA cos he knows he wont get in Germany side....i was saying tht is rubbish...if he plays for bayern 1st team then hell be in the germany team just because of who he plays for

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Lol no shit! Youve misunderstood what i saying. I was talking about his chances of getting in the Germany team...guy said he is pickin USA cos he knows he wont get in Germany side....i was saying tht is rubbish...if he plays for bayern 1st team then hell be in the germany team just because of who he plays for
    oh ok, well the thing is the same concept doesnt apply to all sports, in some sports players can switch country I think. so I assume not all people know how it works in soccer

anyhow, kid was born in the states and seems to have lived in us for a great part of his life, it is possible that he feels american, his family is from the states as well

also looking at his recent call ups, he has had very limited participation with the german youth national teams, he may be assuming that that trend will continue for the mens team as well
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 03-25-14 at 06:40 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    oh ok, well the thing is the same concept doesnt apply to all sports, in some sports players can switch country I think. so I assume not all people know how it works in soccer

anyhow, kid was born in the states and seems to have lived in us for a great part of his life, it is possible that he feels american

also looking at his recent call ups, he has had very limited participation with the german youth national teams, he may be assuming that that trend will continue for the mens team as well
    yes, it's probably more to do with him just feeling more "American" than German

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yep, guy is great and will definitely make his way.

I think Dortmund is the most likely destination, yeah. There are still rumours though regarding the clause in his contract. Not sure whether it's 2014 or 2015. If Firmino leaves Hoffenheim after this season (and most likely he will....), I don't think Hoffenheim will let Volland leave the same year as well (if the clause is for 2015 only). Otherwise they'll have a massive problem with their fans. But hey: let's hope they'll both leave, so Hoffenheim makes a move for Green

btw: no idea what Dortmund wants with Ramos.... Still hoping they'll try and sign Lukaku. Could be the perfect player for them. Anyway, Dortmund needs to sign some players after this season. Or next season Bayern will win the title even earlier then this season.
    yeah Ramos seems like he could be a one-season wonder then go back to just scoring 5-10 goals per season