MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

I stuffed up

I was way too hasty on Betfair and I thought I was getting odds of $3.90 on Chelsea to finish on top of the other London clubs. I actually unloaded my entire $572 balance on it. Two minutes later, I realised I stuffed up, and what I actually placed a bet on was a head-to-head league market (involving only matches played between Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham, West Ham and Palace).

What this means is my current liability is $572.48 and my potential profit is $1632.32.

Here is the current London table.

This is where I will ask for advice.

I can actually place a $572.50 lay bet on Chelsea at $3.85, meaning I will profit $0.02 or $0.69. Importantly, facing no liability. Only thing is, the is likely to be more action on this lay price, and I think the correct lay price should be closer to $3.50.

The second approach is to "hope" Chelsea beats Tottenham this weekend, where the lay odds "should" be around $3 (this means I can place a $580 lay bet and win either $7 or $472).

The third approach is to go down the "no guts, no glory" path and ride it home. If you were to ask me to predict the results of the remaining fixtures, I would tip Chelsea to win all three remaining games, while I reckon Arsenal will be held to at least a draw against Tottenham or a white hot West Ham. This is all hypothetical, and it's what makes gambling so interesting.

I can definitely afford to lose $572, but I obviously won't be happy about losing it. Winning $1600+ will be a ripper.

What would you do?

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Ride it out. Arsenal hasn't beat Spurs at home in 7 years. Chelsea will beat Arsenal and probably draw against Tottenham.