evgeni99
    evgeni99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Ajax - Salzburg

I have been following Salzburg all season and have to say they got themselves a great team. Except two off weeks in November where they lost twice in the league, they have been a dominant force. They even beat Bayern Munich 3-0, which maybe was an insignificant game, but when you get an odd of 9.00 against Munich, you should not win and let alone by a 3-0 margin.

Overall, as good as Ajax are at home, I see them on equal terms with Salzburg. I cannot see them lose.

Taking,

Salzburg +0.5
    Salzburg DNB

Opinions?

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Salzburg dominant in domestic league, looks like they care about Europa league.

Ajax demoted from Champions league, there's was a lot of times where a team got them selves eliminiated from Europa League so their schedule wouldn't fill up, in an attempt to stay focused on domestic league. Ajax is a bit shaky but first at the moment, and I think they're gonna wanna focus on their league so they can be in champions league next year.

I'm taking Salzburg +.5

It's hard to call totals on this game, both teams can score but line-ups have to be confirmed, I know that Salzburg is strolling through in their league so they should ideally come up with the their main players.

They've won every game in their group games, home and away, should be a minimum draw.

And the Bayern Munich game had unbelievable value on Salzburg, didn't have the balls to take em due to Bayerns friendly form.

Good luck. I'm licking our picks. Also Russian btw.

barca12
    barca12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

I like Salzburg as well, have not looked at the odds yet, but will probably take over 3.5 as both teams score a lot especially Salzburg

Nastrovje
    Nastrovje's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

First off: I do like this bet. But even tough Salzburg is the best team in Austria by far and has 2-3 great players, you unfortunately neither can take the game against Bayern nor the Austrian League to tell how good this team really is.
    Bayern played with the weirdest formation I've ever seen and Austrian League is just shit. Austrian here, so I know what I'm talking about. Don't let you blind because FAK won against Zenit or Rapid won against Aston Villa a few years ago. These games were just lucky or the best performances they ever delivered.

I just stay away from this game but BOL to you

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

The thing about Europa is, you can win good money against favorites.. REally big teams.. You just have to figure out who doesn't wanna win the title.

barca12

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    The thing about Europa is, you can win good money against favorites.. REally big teams.. You just have to figure out who doesn't wanna win the title.
    Juventus comes to mind. I dont think they care about Europa League at all. I bet their coach comes out with statement we want to win this but thats BS.

Nastrovje

Quote Originally Posted by barca12 View Post
    Juventus comes to mind. I dont think they care about Europa League at all. I bet their coach comes out with statement we want to win this but thats BS.
    I'll just copy this comment for you. You really need to make more research pal

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you the truth in fact i'm happy to tell you the truth.
    Your research on Juve-Trab is really weak. They actually do take it seriously this time and they want to reach the final which will take place in their own home stadium. They will use a rotation system which will ensure that the key players which will be rested such as Pirlo, Asamoah etc. all get to play this game just not the full 90 mins. Teves and Pogba were rested just so they will be fresh for the starting line up for this game. This years Europa League play off's are different than other years. This year there are so many top teams that ended up here so its hot and many of the teams which you think will not care actually do care.

BobW
    BobW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

An Ajax fan here and we do care about the Europe League. Frank de Boer, the manager, told the press today he wants to reach the semi finals but he acknowledges Salzburg will be a tough opponent. Ajax will not rest any players, the best available will play.

Ajax is in good form but they do not score easily. Left wingback Boilesen and midfielder Serero are injured and will not play so De Boer has to move some players around. It is going to be a good game as Ajax usually plays well in Europe, I am excited.

TheGambl3r
    TheGambl3r's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take salzburg. TEAM HAS BEEN AMAZING AS OF LATE. they will destroy teams in their path. +0.5, PK, and ML!

barca12

Thats the whole point guys. Coaches will always say they want to win and will put their best guys in the game. They have to because UEFA can actually punish you if you disrespect this competition. I know if I was Juventus fan i would care less if they win Europa League. I would actually want them to be knocked out, so they can fucus on Italian League and no important players get injured. Some teams are just too big for Europa League...with that said I do believe that Juventus B team is stronger than most of the teams in Europa League.

BobW

I can't talk about Juventus, but Ajax does really care. The game is sold out (50000) so there will be a good atmosphere.

Still give Salzburg a good chance tho but it's not about motivation tomorrow.

Nastrovje

How would you rate Ajax's offense? As I understand, they don't play with a real striker but build up the game with their wingers and with the help of De Jong. How dominant are they in the league? How dangerous are they when in offense?

barca12

No offense, but Ajax nowdays is not as big as Juve and winning Euro League would be nice for them. Im glad you told me it is sold out so it will probably be a good game and I will take over 2.5 aand 3.5. BTW I own Ajax scarf and have a great respect for their history and love ajax older teams, they were joy to watch. And we share maybe the gretest player ever J. Cruyff

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Thats the whole point guys. Coaches will always say they want to win and will put their best guys in the game. They have to because UEFA can actually punish you if you disrespect this competition. I know if I was Juventus fan i would care less if they win Europa League. I would actually want them to be knocked out, so they can fucus on Italian League and no important players get injured. Some teams are just too big for Europa League...with that said I do believe that Juventus B team is stronger than most of the teams in Europa League.
    You have a valid point of course. Many of the managers will put a fake statement just to show their fans and the world that they are humble when they actually aren't. As to regards for the Juve match, well they have a 9 point lead at the top and they will want to assure the title so they will have that in mind 100% but one couldn't help to think that there is a little revenge for Juve here vs Turkey. I think they wanna take what they got from Gala out on Trab. The thing is in this situation there are way too many strong factors that supports Juve's motivation in this years Europa and this game vs Trab. This time around it's a little different but we shall see of course.

barca12

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    You have a valid point of course. Many of the managers will put a fake statement just to show their fans and the world that they are humble when they actually aren't. As to regards for the Juve match, well they have a 9 point lead at the top and they will want to assure the title so they will have that in mind 100% but one couldn't help to think that there is a little revenge for Juve here vs Turkey. I think they wanna take what they got from Gala out on Trab. The thing is in this situation there are way too many strong factors that supports Juve's motivation in this years Europa and this game vs Trab. This time around it's a little different but we shall see of course.
    I had no idea that the finals will be held at the Juve stadium. That could motivate them to take this seriously, Just to make it clear I would never bet against Juve in this competition. I guess I'll stay away first game or two and just watch these games and if they show they are up for it then I will take motivated Juventus against any team in this competition.

BobW

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrovje View Post
    How would you rate Ajax's offense? As I understand, they don't play with a real striker but build up the game with their wingers and with the help of De Jong. How dominant are they in the league? How dangerous are they when in offense?
    The offense is not great.De Jong will be the striker but he is not a real striker. Ajax wants to have a lot of possession and they try to play on the opponents half of the field. It is a bit like Barcelona, a lot of passing and good positioning trying to tire the opponents defence. That's why De Jong plays striker because he has a fine technique, much better than the real strikers at Ajax.

In the league, almost every team plays really defensively and try to score with counterattacks, that's where the defense is vulnerable. So Ajax is very dominant in possession but it is hard to create chances against a wall. De Jong is not good the last weeks because he had an injury not a long time ago so he must improve to be more dangerous as a team.

The only problem is the injuries of Serero and Boilesen. The very much praised midfield with Serero-Blind-Klaassen is not complete anymore as Serero can't play and Blind maybe has to play left back.

No offense, but Ajax nowdays is not as big as Juve and winning Euro League would be nice for them. Im glad you told me it is sold out so it will probably be a good game and I will take over 2.5 aand 3.5. BTW I own Ajax scarf and have a great respect for their history and love ajax older teams, they were joy to watch. And we share maybe the gretest player ever J. Cruyff
    True, Ajax is not as good as in the past. They won the league the three previous years and now they try to achieve something in Europe as before. And Cruyff is great

Nastrovje

So you're saying Ajax's defense is vulnerable against counter attacks? Because this is one of Salzburg's strengths. I like this play more and more.

e/ I mean, of course every defense can be outplayed quickly with a counter attack, but a team can be especially prone to it

barca12

Ajax has beaten Barcelona at home 2-1 couple of months ago...Ajax 2.00 at home looks tempting now especially with a sold out stadium. I might actually take this play...will decide tommorow, either ajax moneyline or over 3.5

Nastrovje

But Ajax's stadium is nearly sold out every time. fits 52k, average is 50.5
    Also two main players out.
    2.0 isn't that great. But Salzburg's odds are neither.
    Hmm.. Tough game

Well, I'll pass on that game. I hope Salzburg loses and odds are the same at Salzburg, then I will pound the +0.5
    Last edited by Nastrovje; 02-19-14 at 06:58 PM.

SSSuperSergSSS
    SSSuperSergSSS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

ajax has drifted severly from an opening odds of 19/20 now some 13/10 available, the drift is a slight concern but the dutch dont like losing and im on ajax to win this at great odds

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

be very surprised if AJax win this comfortably. Expecting them to scrape a 2-1 at best. Wouldnt be surprised by 1-1, 2-2.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Ajax DNB(odds increased) + Juventus ML parlay will give quite a decent return.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

BTTS is probably the safest way to go here.

evgeni99

Couldnt ask for a better start. Ajax look lost, Salz doing everything. Looks like an easy win so far.

evgeni99

Quote Originally Posted by evgeni99 View Post
    Couldnt ask for a better start. Ajax look lost, Salz doing everything. Looks like an easy win so far.
    2:0 now. No wonder the odds collapsed today, Ajax do not deserve to be a -0.5 fav here

evgeni99

2:0 now. No wonder the odds collapsed today, Ajax do not deserve to be a -0.5 fav here
    Feels weird to talk to myself, but GOAL OF THE YEAR was just scored for the 0:3 check the reply later

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Wow well done Salzburg.

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

Great call! But how does Ajax not score a goal at home? Against the red bulls?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by O View Post
    Great call! But how does Ajax not score a goal at home? Against the red bulls?
    Been reliant on Schone scoring goals recently which just shows the lack of attacking quality in ajax side at moment. Schone got injured in the warmup, de jong is out of form, siggurdsson is very inconsistent, and bojan is just hopeless!

TheGambl3r
    TheGambl3r's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGambl3r View Post
    Take salzburg. TEAM HAS BEEN AMAZING AS OF LATE. they will destroy teams in their path. +0.5, PK, and ML!
    Win Win Win LOL!

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Feels weird to talk to myself, but GOAL OF THE YEAR was just scored for the 0:3 check the reply later
    Just saw it on as the #1 on sportscenter top 10