cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Bet365 grading question

My question goes back to Wednesday's Barcelona/Real Sociedad game. As posted in the game thread that day I had an in-play wager at Bet365 on the 2nd goal scorer. I had Alexis at +400. My bad luck had Alexis taking a shot that hit the post and the rebound was put in by a Sociedad defender for an own goal. The Sociedad player wasn't even listed of the 19 available players. The only other betting option for that market was "no second goal"

Here's the rules for this type of wagers from their website...

In-Play Next Goalscorer
    Every effort will be made to quote odds for all possible participants. However, players not originally quoted will count as winners should they score the next goal. Bets on players not taking part in the match will be void as will bets on first player to score where the selection comes on after the first goal is scored. All players that have been on the field of play before the next goal is scored will be deemed runners. Subsequent enquiries by official bodies will not be considered for settlement purposes. Own goals do not count.

My wager was graded as a loss which I expected but out of curiosity I asked 365 what they graded as the winner for that in-play second goal scorer market. I didn't get a direct answer to that question but instead was told why my wager wasn't a winner, as if I didn't already know. Then I was told the own goal was covered by the option and I quote "no next goal". When I explained that option wasn't available he assured me it was. Again I told him the only other option aside from the 19 players listed was "no second goal". He then said as it was an own goal and own goals don't count towards settlement of that market, that all wagers carried over to whoever scored the next goal in the match. Of course there wasn't another goal and even if there was unless it was the player I chose (Alexis) I'd have no way to verify if in fact what he claimed was true but I have my doubts. My belief is they didn't pay out any of the 20 available options on the who would score the 2nd goal and since my wager was graded a loss and not a push I'm guessing they didn't grade any of the options as a push. If true then in my opinion that's not fair. I only hope someone in these threads had a wager on the "no 2nd goal" option and can chime in on how it was graded. Feel free to post how you all think this should have been graded.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Could be wrong but the way I understand it you had 2 options: "Player X to score" and "no second goal". Under that scenario there is no push. You win or you lose. As own goals don't count towards that market I would assume anyone on "no second goal" would be graded a winner. In my mind no other way it could be. Would be bs otherwise. I was on the under in that game, wanted to choke the defender for clearing across his own goal

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Agreed the way its offered "no 2nd goal" is the only option that could be a winner but curiosity has me wondering and I really hope someone had that play to verify. I had Sociedad +2.5 but with 10 men and down 1-0 I honestly thought I was cooked and that's why I took a shot on the next goal scorer.