PunterA
    PunterA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Manchester City v Chelsea

League leaders Man City welcome Chelsea to the Etihad in what is the most important match of the season so far. 3 points separate the two teams that are most likely to finish in the top two places in the league this season and if City can continue their incredible home performances against Chelsea they are in a great position to go on and win the league this season especially as Chelsea have not won at the Etihad since 2008.

Chelsea who average 1.6 points per away game, have a very tough task to stop a Man City team that has won all of their home league matches, while scoring a massive average of 3.8 goals per game. Chelsea are likely to go with Eto’s up front as Torres is injured. Man City’s Aguero is unavailable with a hamstring injury. It will be interesting to see if City go with one or both of Dzeko and Negredo up front which they should do at home despite going with a 4-5-1 when they played Chelsea in the reverse fixture which Chelsea won 2-1 with a last minute Torres goal.

Man City are in the form of their lives right now, having won 14 of their last 15 games in all competitions but they will encounter the league’s best defence in Chelsea.

Tactically Mourinho will set Chelsea up ultra defensively with the aim to nick a 1-0 win however with both teams having players who can score from all over the pitch it is likely to be a very cautious game in the first half. This is one of those matches where it is more important not to lose than it is to win. Chelsea have travelled to Arsenal and Man Utd this season and Mourinho’s tactics resulted in two goalless draws however these two teams have a history of high scoring encounters and if City score first then Chelsea will have to open up to a more attacking formation which could result in a high scoring game. If Chelsea score first they will put 9 or 10 men behind the ball with Mourinho making defensive substitutions around the 70th minute if he has something to protect.

74% of the goals scored in City’s league matches come in the second half with Chelsea’s matches having 55% of their goals scored in the final half.

Recommended Bet: HALF WITH MOST GOALS 2ND HALF @ 2.15 (William Hill)
    Recommended Stake: 2 Points
    Predicted Strike Rate: 62%

City (Possible, 4-2-3-1): Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Fernandinho, Touré; Silva, Jovetic, Navas; Negredo.
    Out: Agüero (hamstring), Milner (groin), Nasri (knee), Javi Garcia (unspecified)

Chelsea (Possible, 4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto'o.
    Out: Torres, Van Ginkel (knee).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Chelsea with a 5-5-0 for formation! "19th century football"

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

Chelsea double chance will be matched at +Ev .That will be my bet of the weekend. After losing 1500$ today I went all in with Real Madrid @1.6 for 10unit.Either I win my bet or Ancelloti will get d boot

shahinamin
    shahinamin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 430

Most likely a draw! 1-1 IMO
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

PunterA

I think they have priced the win-draw-win market perfectly so no bet for me there.

PunterA

Odds on City starting to drift.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cant back Man City without Aguero. Plus if Demichelis starts then always propensity for errors at the back

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

Dzeko and Negredo up front will be fine

ohdecas
    ohdecas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Aguero is missing? That's a nice news for Chelsea. I think I will take a shot @ Chelsea ml..

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

hes out up to a month, got injured in the spurz match

ohdecas
    ohdecas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Yeeeeeeeeesssss Mou did it

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Cant back Man City without Aguero. Plus if Demichelis starts then always propensity for errors at the back
    Yep, bad enough without aguero....dzeko was hopeless, and thn fernandinho gettin injured just before was icing on the cake