Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nine arrested in Italian betting scandal

Nine arrested in Italian betting scandal

AFP - 23 November 2009

Nine people have been arrested, accused of illegal betting in Italian football. Amongst those arrested was the president of third division team Potenza, Giuseppe Postiglione and Pro Vastese sports director Luca Evangelista.

ROME (AFP) - Nine people have been arrested, accused of illegal betting in Italian football, police said on Monday.
    Amongst those arrested was the president of third division team Potenza, Giuseppe Postiglione and Pro Vastese sports director Luca Evangelista.
    They are accused of being involved in organised crime and of sporting fraud relating to a number of bets placed on matches in the second and third divisions from 2007 to 2009.
    One match under investigation is the Serie B encounter between Ravenna and Lecce on April 26, 2008, won 3-1 by the away side, on which Postiglione alledgedly placed a bet that won him 86,000 euros.
    Giovanni Colangelo, the public prosecutor in Potenza, claimed match-fixing had been taking place.
    If that was the case it would be the second such in Italy in the last three years, although the 2006 Calciopoli scandal involved high-profile Serie A teams and resulted in Juventus being relegated to Serie B and stripped of their last two league titles.
    AC Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina were also punished for their roles in the match-fixing.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/N...tting-scandal/

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cool, but nothing new. Everything is rigged. You just gotta be on the right side.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    Cool, but nothing new. Everything is rigged. You just gotta be on the right side.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

you know it happens all the time.

TienTien
    TienTien's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting fact: I actually watched that match in 2008 because at that time I heard the rumor that it might be fixed for 1/2. Both teams played absolutely normal and I'm absolutely sure it was a fair match.

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by BL View Post
    you know it happens all the time.

that was hilarious

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

only 90,000 euros?

PAPSMEAR
    PAPSMEAR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yet another reason I don't bet on european football.