Giz
    Giz's Avatar Become A Pro!

West Brom appoint Pepe Mel as Head Coach

West Brom have confirmed they have appointed Pepe Mel as their new head coach, replacing the sackedSteve Clarke.

Clarke was sacked on December 14 following a run of four straight Premier League defeats, leaving the Baggies just two points away from the relegation zone before caretaker Keith Downing oversaw three draws and a win.

Mel, who has penned an 18-month contract, was sacked by Real Betis in December after a poor start to the season but guided the club to a seventh-placed finish, and the Europa League, last term.

"His appointment concludes an extensive recruitment process during which we have cast the net far and wide to identify the most suitable candidate to take the Club forward," director Richard Garlick told the club's official website.

"Pepe was a strong contender from the outset due to his impressive achievements and has emerged as our No.1 candidate.

"He is a forward thinking coach whose teams are renowned for playing an attractive and positive style of football."

Mel originally held talks with West Brom in December but negotiations collapsed after the Spaniard made it clear he intended to bring in his own backroom staff.

Downing will now support Mel, with Saturday's trip to Southampton the caretaker's final game in charge.

Time will tell, looks like a decent coach can't wait to see his style of play

Merkel
    Merkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Hey Jizz, leave the soccer to the real cappers. Can we get back to the flaming wreck that is your pucks thread?

Giz

Quote Originally Posted by Merkel View Post
    Hey Jizz, leave the soccer to the real cappers. Can we get back to the flaming wreck that is your pucks thread?
    merkz my bruhda, hows life?? we miss you over here, enjoy the positive love n winnerz bro, top lad.

Merkel

Hurricanes: 6 Leafs: 1 Jizz: sore loser

Giz

merkz, all bout caring n sharing, tampa 3-3 fingers crossed winners or losers all bout bond here, enjoy.

Merkel

powwwwwwwww!!! Tampa loses 3-4!!! Shuv dat bond up yo azz!!! All bout da loosahs!!!

Giz

powwwwwwwww!!! Tampa loses 3-4!!! Shuv dat bond up yo azz!!! All bout da loosahs!!!
    merkz, all bout getting on and sharing the winnnazzz remember sharing is caring.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Hey Man, until you put your azz out here on the line and show us some winning picks, why don't you STFU...

Giz

this Pepe Mel is the real deal guys, was tragic he got sacked by Betis....some of the stuff he did over there amazing, Vaughtys probz asleep but I know for sure he thinks West Brom found a gem in this guy.

Giz

I was sad to see Steve Clarke go but this guy wow

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

dunno, just makes me wonder why haven't other Spanish sides gone for him after he left Betis if he is rated that highly

Merkel

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Hey Man, until you put your azz out here on the line and show us some winning picks, why don't you STFU...
    Oh, so it's ok for Jizz to go in every thread and troll and push his thread, but I can't give him some of his own medicine? Bite me.

Giz

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    dunno, just makes me wonder why haven't other Spanish sides gone for him after he left Betis if he is rated that highly
    wasnt the same said about pochettino ???