khas_il
    khas_il's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

khas_il's Picks (Soccer, NBA, NHL, Tennis)

What's up SBR!

Been lurking a lot and figured I would make my own thread to track my picks. I will mostly make NBA, NHL, Soccer and Tennis plays but not limited to that. Not gonna keep a record for each sport but just an overall record. I usually like to play quite a lot of plays every day for small stakes, each play is 1 unit.

Please keep things positive and remember we are all in it to win and I've been noticing a lot of negativity around the forum so let's try to fix that!

Going to post a few plays in a while

Overall Record: 15-11-7 (+3.09units)
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-03-14 at 01:39 AM.

khas_il

Some picks for today:

Tennis

Gojowczyk vs Brown @ 2.20 - Going to go with the guy who has been playing lights out this tournament, taking out Kohlschreiber last round. I think he should not be this much of a dog in this match

Bhambri vs Fognini @ 3.25 - This is being played in Bhambri's home country of India. Fognini retired in his doubles match, and I think Bhambri has a great shot of a win here, but most likely scenario is that Fognini pulls out of the tournament.

Brands vs Monfils @ 2.20 - Going to go with another hot player in this tournament, who knocked out Ferrer last round. I think that should give him confidence to beat the inconsistent Monfils.

Anderson vs Groth Over 23.5 games @ 1.72 - 2 big servers playing this game. I can only see 1 or 2 breaks in this whole match and there should be 1 or 2 tiebreaks.

Voegele vs Azarenka Over 8.5 games 1st Set @ 1.83 - Voegele has been playing well since last season and she has continued that form with the win over Keys in the 1st round. I think she will be able to win at least 3 games in the first set, considering Dellacqua was able to win 3 games in the 1st set.

Pospisil 2-0 vs Lu @ 2.10 - Lu seems to have gotten hurt in his doubles match, maybe he will withdraw from the tournament, but the odds on a 2-0 win for Pospisil are good enough to have a cheeky bet at.

khas_il

Panfil +4.5 vs Tomic @ 2.10 - Great odds for Panfil who has played well in this tournament so far beating Raonic and taking the 1st set from Seppi before his retirement. Australia are already out of the tournament so motivation for Tomic will be a question, I think Panfil covers here.

khas_il

Soccer

PSG vs Real Madrid Over 3.5 goals @ 2.08 - Friendly game between 2 high scoring teams, I think this will be a free flowing contest with a lot of goals.

Kilmarnock vs St Mirren Over 2.5 goals @ 1.88 - 12 out of 19 games from Kilmarnock have gone over and 9 out of 18 St Mirren games have gone over. Just betting this game because I think the odds on the over should be a bit higher.
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-02-14 at 03:30 AM.

khas_il

NBA

Warriors +4.5 @ 1.91
    vs Heat - Warriors been on a hot streak lately with Iguodala back, I think they can keep up with the Heat here.

Suns -6 @ 1.91
    vs Grizzlies - Grizzlies have had a bit of a revival in the last few games, but they looked pretty hopeless against the Bulls at home. I think the Suns with their backcourt of Dragic and Bledose will simply find scoring way easier than the Griz, who are still missing Gasol

Nets +12 @ 1.91 vs Thunder - Crazy play that I like. Bounce back factor from the rout at San Antonio + Kirilenko will start playing more minutes, which will give the Nets a defensive anchor.
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-02-14 at 04:06 AM.

khas_il

NHL

Islanders
    vs Blackhawks @ 2.55 ​ - Islanders have found form in the last few matches coming back from huge deficits to win. I think Blackhawks may take them too lightly and it will cost them.

Bruins vs Predators Over 5 @ 1.86 -Last 5 H2H meetings have gone over or at least pushed. Last 6 Bruins and Predators goals have had at least 5 goals in them and I expect that to continue here

Jets
    vs Senators @ 2.15 - Both teams have enjoyed a bit of success in their recent games, Sens beat the Bruins, Caps and Pens at home, while Jets beat Avs and Wild on the road. I like the Jets here as IMO they are simply a stronger team.

Wild in reg vs Sabres @ 1.90- Wild on a huge losing streak and what better way to end it than a home game vs the Sabres? I expect a demolition here.

Canadiens vs Stars @ 2.05- I think the Canadiens will bounce back in a big way after their meltdown being 3-0 after 2 periods vs the Canes and losing 5-4. Stars have been playing well but I think the Canadiens are due for a big win.

Avalanche vs Flyers @ 1.74- Home team has won every game between these 2 teams since 07. Flyers are due for a letdown after 3 away wins on the trot. Avalanche are no slouches and I think they win here.

Sharks vs Oilers Under 5.5 @ 2.00 - Oilers last 4 of 6 last away games have gone under, while 4 of 6 Sharks home games have gone under. Last 4 of 5 H2H meetings at home for the Sharks have gone under. At even money it's too good to pass up.
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-03-14 at 01:55 AM.

khas_il

Groth vs Herbert @ 1.83- I like Groth to win here. Anderson withdrew from tournament, so Herbert has had very little preparation for this game, not sure he can handle Groth's thunderbolts.

Gulbis +3.5 vs Nadal @ 2.00 - Gulbis is a very good player who can beat anyone on his day. Motivation issues with Nadal where all the other highly ranked players have exited the tournament, while he is still playing. I think we might see Nadal lose today so he can make the trip to Australia.

khas_il

Tennis
    Some dogs today for qualifying

Khumkum
    vs Mattek Sands @ 2.50

Minella vs Tsurenko @ 1.83

Burnett vs Glushko @ 2.37

Giorgi
    vs McHale @ 2.20

Overall Record: 4-4-3 (
    -0.26units)
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-02-14 at 04:58 PM.

khas_il

NBA

Cavs -2
    vs Magic @ 1.91- Like Cavs here because they are on a 6 game losing streak and it ends here against the Magic. I think the players will be motivated to win and they could win here by 6-10pts.

Bobcats vs Blazers Over 200 @ 1.91- I think this will go over because Portland likes to play a high pace game, and I hope that the Bobcats will be able to keep up, and be more motivated than usual to put in a good performance after the 27pt loss to the Clippers

76ers +9 vs Kings @1.91 - 76ers put in a great performance to beat the Nuggets last night. I fail to see how they won't cover the +9 even on a B2B as most of their squad is very young and will be able to handle the load. The Kings have played well on their road trip, taking the top teams to the wire, but I don't think they beat the 76ers by 10+

khas_il

More Tennis

Chardy -2.5 vs Groth @ 1.72 - Groth gave it his all in the game vs Herbert to win a tough 3 setter with 2 tiebreaks. I think he won't have much left in the tank and Chardy will get a comfortable win here.

Jankovic vs Azarenka Over 21.5 @ 1.83 - Azarenka had an absolute struggle against Voegele yesterday, blowing the 2nd set after 8 match points, but then came back very strong in the 3rd showing that she can handle her frustration these days. Jankovic meanwhile looked very strong beating Kerber. I think we may see a 3 setter here.

Copil vs Hewitt Over 21.5 @ 1.66 - Hewitt should get the W here but Copil has the serve to take this game over.

Hampton vs Williams Over 21.5 @ 1.90- Hampton and Williams have both shown very good form in this tournament. I think Williams will get the win, however Hampton is good enough to take this game over, and we may possibly see a 3 setter here.

King vs Peng @ 2.37 - Going to ride the hot hand in this tournament in King, who knocked out Errani earlier in the tournament. I think at +money this play is too good to pass up. I tracked King late last year aswell where she showed very good form.

McGee vs Diez @ 1.57- Riding the hot hand again, McGee has been playing well and I just don't see Diez stopping him.

khas_il

Overall Record: 13-9-7 (+3.53units)

khas_il

Tennis (no time for writeups for these games)

Beck +5.5 vs Li Na @ 2.10

Isner vs Stepanek @ 1.66

Kvitova vs Stephens @ 1.53

Cricket

Scorchers
    vs Thunder @ 1.61
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-02-14 at 11:51 PM.

khas_il

Soccer

Adelaide United vs Sydney FC Under 2.5 @ 2.00 - Adelaide have shored up their defense, conceded 0 goals in the past 3 games against Glory, Jets and Mariners. Sydney haven't scored in 4 of their past 5 away games, and the only game they scored was against the hopeless Heart. They are a complete different team at home and away in terms of goal-scoring ability.

NBL

Crocodiles
    vsTigers @ 2.10

Taipans
    vs Kings @ 2.10

Going with the revenge factor in these NBL games. Both these teams lost earlier in the season, and I expect them to be extra motivated for a W. If one of these plays wins then there will be profit.

khas_il

Tennis:

Raonic 2-0
    vs Stepanek @ 2.00- Excellent value here IMO as Raonic has wayy too much in his arsenal for Stepanek. I cannot see Stepanek breaking Raonic at all in this match.

Sela vs Roger-Vasselin @ 2.25

Gojowczyk +6.5
    vs Nadal @ 1.83

Pospisil 2-0 vs Bhambri @ 1.90
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-03-14 at 05:53 AM.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Nice night on the NBA!

khas_il

Soccer:

Gillingam vs Wolves BTTS @ 1.66

NHL

Blackhawks
    vs Devils @ 1.64 - Blackhawks suffered a bad loss to the Islanders yesterday, expect a bounce back win from them vs the Devils

Ducks vs Oilers Under 5.5 @ 1.90 - Matches between these 2 clubs are generally low scoring. 4 of past 6 Ducks home games have gone under, 3 of past 6 away Oiler games have gone under.

Bolts vs Flames Over 5.5 @ 2.05 - In H2H meetings they tend to be very high scoring. 5 of past 6 meetings between them have gone over. Although lately Calgary has had trouble scoring goals I am counting on them to break the shackles in this game.

khas_il

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurk View Post
    Nice night on the NBA!
    Thanks mate

khas_il

NBA

Raptors vs Wizards OVER 193 @ 1.91

Grizzlies +4 vs Nuggets @ 1.91

Jazz +4 vs Lakers @ 1.91

Knicks +11 vs Rockets @ 1.91

Clippers vs Mavs OVER 204 @ 1.91

Pelicans -3.5 vs Celtics @ 1.91
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-03-14 at 06:23 PM.

khas_il

Tennis

Bertens vs Lepchenko @ 2.25- Lepchenko isn't in the greatest form to start the year, think Bertens has more than fair chance of a win.

Hewitt vs Nishikori @ 2.37- Federer was talking about how Hewitt has the fire back in his eyes and he has had an injury free to start the season plus he's at home.

Doi vs Davis @ 2.50 - Doi was playing very well to end last season, however lost to Rus in Brisbane. Davis just played in a tournament last week where she was knocked out by Hampton. Just throwing a dart here as I think Doi has a higher chance of winning than the price says, probably boosted by the fact she lost in Brisbane.

Burnett vs Candela @ 1.66 - I had Burnett picked last round as a dog vs Glushko, but Glushko retired. Anyway I think there will be a bit of revenge factor in this match, as last year Candela knocked her out in this exact tournament in qualifying.

Watson vs Mattek-Sands @ 2.25 - I watched Mattek-Sands play vs Khumkum and she didn't look too convincing, giving Khumkum many chances to get back in the match. I think Watson will punish her for that today.

Piter
    vs Peer @ 2.25- Just a fade of Peer, who is a pretty abysmal player these days.

Smith vs Reid @ 1.53 -Both haven't been in greatest form, but whenever they've played each other Smith has handled Reid quite comfortably, apart from 1 game where he was hurt.
    Ivanovic vs V Williams Over 22.5 @ 2.10- Ivanovic hasn't been challenged yet, and I think Williams will do that today. She has an 8-1 H2H record against her and I think she will be able to take a set from Ivanovic.

Hewitt vs Nishikori Over 22.5 @ 1.83

Scheepers vs Putintseva @ 1.57

Peng +5.5 vs Na @ 2.00

Federed -5.5
    vs Chardy @ 2.00
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-04-14 at 12:31 AM.

khas_il

Record: 27-25-10 (-0.50units)
    Last edited by khas_il; 01-03-14 at 11:58 PM.

khas_il

Soccer:

Jets vs Glory @ 1.70

Roar DNB vs Victory @ 1.98

Roar vs Victory Over 2.5 @ 1.90