Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any reason not to play Sporting Braga +1 +120?

Alright, the first thread like this was a pretty good one, so let's try another. I'm not quite as sold on this play, but it seems like the price is more than right. I'd really like opinions from those in the know, because I haven't locked this in yet, but here are my thoughts.

I think the mindset of Spurs can really be called into question here. The devastating come from ahead draw against Chelsea is one thing, but also there have been questions regarding Jol's authority. Also, Berbatov, who has probably been the best striker in the world the last month, likely will miss.
    But, more importantly, what impetus do Spurs have to attack in this game? They won the first leg 3-2 at Braga, so a draw or even a 1-0 or 2-1 loss is enough to advance.
    Braga have been decent away from home, going 3-3-5 in Portugal, but more importantly, they have only given up 12 goals in those 11 games. As long as they don't break out of their mold too quickly and attack without abandon, this game should result in a draw or 1-goal game.
    Spurs 1, Braga 1

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is one reason: with the tie decided, there is no way of predicting what will be the starting 11s on the pitch.

Spurs will have at least 6-7 reserves players starting the game imo, but Braga could field a team of youngsters or reserves too, i haven't checked on that and won't bet the game, just a thought.

Razz

Really? Braga would just concede like that? That seems odd. I was expecting a slightly watered down Spurs roster (but not 6 or 7 reserves), but I thought Braga would at least play any starters who are healthy.

Thanks.

Razz

Interesting lineup chosen by Jol. Berbatov IS playing (I think this is a mistake if he is still hurt), and in fact Spurs field almost an entire first team. The one quirk is that Huddlestone is playing central defense.

Razz

Interesting game. The push was always what I expected after Braga's 1-0 lead was erased after only four minutes. Of course Berbatov scored two more goals and set up the third. He has been so amazing lately.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm so proud Berbatov plays for my country

The two goals last night were sublime, but still the performance against Bolton, i must repeat coach Jol, is the best i've seen by a lone number 9 in my 20 years of following the game.

He is the reason i've watched more Spurs games this season than in my whole life previously. Spurs fans shouldn't expect to keep him after the summer, 20-25 mln. pounds cannot be rejected.