indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Guangzhou Evergrande goes for the treble

Guangzhou Evergrande, who recently won the AFC champions league and easily won the Chinese league again, will try and erase a 0-2 1rst leg deficit against Guizhou Renhe when they host the 2ncd leg at 3AM EST this morning.

After this game, they fly to Japan to compete in the World Championship where they'll try to get by Al Ahly to get a crack at Bayern Munich in the semi's.

Marcel Lippi coaches the best team some of you have never heard of. Argentine Dario Conca, and Brazilian Elkeson and Muriqui form a very talented trio of South Americans on this Chinese team that might just make a little noise in Japan next week. Hopefully, they'll not be looking past this game and will cover the -1.5 in their quest for some more hardware.

teeder
    teeder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1641

Guangzhou trail 0-1 at HT so they won't be covering anything. Yes Elkeson and Muriqui are both quality, trouble is they were suspended for this match: Elkeson red-carded in the first leg and Muriqui on yellow card accum.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by teeder View Post
    Guangzhou trail 0-1 at HT so they won't be covering anything. Yes Elkeson and Muriqui are both quality, trouble is they were suspended for this match: Elkeson red-carded in the first leg and Muriqui on yellow card accum.
    I was looking for them for the 5 minutes the match was on before the feed went down. Now I know why I couldn't find them. Guess I was a little lazy by not checking lineups. At least Conca played, I saw him. They lead 2-1 with 30 minutes left. Seems like an entertaining 2cnd half, too bad I can't see any of it. Every feed I had went down.