yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Barca playing games today

Match scoreless through 51, they score twice quickly, and then Messi comes in.

Why? Why are you using starters in a meaningless situation?

I also wonder if this is a new record.

They had no goals after 51 minutes, and they're now up 5-0 after 78.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Match scoreless through 51, they score twice quickly, and then Messi comes in.

Why? Why are you using starters in a meaningless situation?

I also wonder if this is a new record.

They had no goals after 51 minutes, and they're now up 5-0 after 78.
    I've seen more goals in the 2nd half, but they were pretty much toying with that team.

Meanwhile RM could only score 1 goal on a division 3? team ROFL.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that fishy with Messi as a sub. Barcelona was playing their 3rd match in a week and Messi was used as a sub in their last match in Spain.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    I've seen more goals in the 2nd half, but they were pretty much toying with that team.

Meanwhile RM could only score 1 goal on a division 3? team ROFL.
    I missed the game, what squad did they put out? It must of been there kids?

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

EP...I think his point was...they were up 2-0 and 4-0 on AGG when they brought in Messi...why would you bring on Messi when you're on 4-0 on AGG?? Why not some low life who has yet to see pitch or something...Why bring Messi on as a sub when you're already up 4-0 AGG against a lower division side?"....is the proper question to ask.
    At any rate, he didn't get injured...so the decision worked out o.k. All's well which ends well....I guess.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    EP...I think his point was...they were up 2-0 and 4-0 on AGG when they brought in Messi...why would you bring on Messi when you're on 4-0 on AGG?? Why not some low life who has yet to see pitch or something...Why bring Messi on as a sub when you're already up 4-0 AGG against a lower division side?"....is the proper question to ask.
    At any rate, he didn't get injured...so the decision worked out o.k. All's well which ends well....I guess.
    I agree, it makes no sense, but I guess he just wanted to get out there and score a goal eh...

yisman

It was completely meaningless. The match was effectively over. If they wanted Messi in there, why wasn't he in before?

It was poor sportsmanship by Barca, IMO.

It would be one thing if they brought him in when it was a scoreless. This is something else entirely.

Of course there have been more in the second half. My question was about a game scoreless at the half.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Maybe the other players on the bench were not fully fit and he was the only healthy available player and needed to make a sub.

yisman

they didn't need to make a sub, though.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing at home before the International break, I'm sure it was made as a show for the fans more than anything ... could have been a plan for Messi to keep his fitness level up too.

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

hmmm i hate barca when they buy zlatan and did let etoo go to inter that suckc

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Quote Originally Posted by alka07 View Post
    hmmm i hate barca when they buy zlatan and did let etoo go to inter that suckc
    And why is that? He didnt want to stay in Barca why force him? he is such a duchebag anyway..

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think Ibrahimovic was a good transfer, allows Barce to switch up styles of play which they couldnt do last season, hence why they struggled against Chelsea even when they dominated both games