allwater334
    allwater334's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

someone explain to me please!!

I just bet my 1st ever soccer match today and I had Chelsea ML well it ended as a tie or whatever (draw, I dont know lol)...I dont even care that I lost the bet bc it was a very small wager but will someone explain to me how I can win if there is a tie or is there no way too unless I bet "draw"

basically someone just explain ML, draw, spread to me please bc I want to start betting more soccer since I found out I cant win no matter how hard I try so I might as well just bet a sport and have fun gambling

Thanks

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol no problem dude,

Basically there is 3 results in football , 1(Home Team) X (Draw / Tie) 2(Away Team)

There is "Draw no Bet" (DNB) plays which means if there is a tie you get your wager back. So if you played Chelsea DNB today you would of got your wager back

There are Asian Handicap plays where you can add or minus a goal much like US sport buying points etc. For example if you Took Chelsea -0 (Asian Handicap) you would of got your wager back, if you played Chelsea +0.5 (Asian Handicap) you would of won even at a tie. DONT MIX ASIAN HANDICAP with normal Handicap (I never use normall (european) handicap bets). Try to stick with Asian Handicap and use a book that offers it.

In US book use the term PK i belive, which works the same as DNB (Draw no bet)

There are also Over 2.5 goals and Under 2.5 goal plays (you can adjust the goal line at some books) so for example today Chelsea Finnished 2-2, if you played Over 2.5 you would of won the bet. Another example, Juventus game ended 0-1, Under 2,5 goals would be a winning play.

Any other question , we be happy to help

also check out:
    http://sportsgambling.about.com/od/b...s/a/soccer.htm
    Last edited by TurkzZ; 11-03-09 at 07:15 PM.
    Points Awarded:

demize21 gave TurkzZ 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

allwater334

Thanks for the help but where I bet, I didnt see anything besides

madrid + (whatever they were)

Draw (whatever it was)

Chelsea -125

so what is a draw, I read that site that u posted and it said "your team must win" if I bet the draw option...I guess I dont even know what a "draw" is if it doesnt mean tie..my book probably had asian handicap but it probably wasnt posted until after I went to sleep and made my chelsea bet so I will have to check that out another time

TurkzZ

basically in soccer at the end of 90 minutes if the score is equal its a Draw/Tie, and the game ends as a draw, no over time no extra time unless its a knockout competition, but the bet you make , win/loss/draw or whatever is only over the 90 mins. So basically unlike in US sports, there is 3 possible outcomes of soccer game, one being a draw if the score at the end of the 90 minutes is equal.

Which book are you using?
    Points Awarded:

allwater334 gave TurkzZ 44 SBR Point(s) for this post.

allwater334

im using betus...im going to give u all my points bc I dont care about them anyways and u have helped me more than anybody

TurkzZ

thanks dude, if theres anything else you need help with feel free to ask, also stick around the soccer section, theres plenty of good cappers here to help make you some $$$$

jasonw
    jasonw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    thanks dude, if theres anything else you need help with feel free to ask, also stick around the soccer section, theres plenty of good cappers here to help make you some $$$$
    where can you place DNB and asian bets? Im at betjam and i cant even bet the over/under on soccer games. any recommendations on a new book? im at BJ for the good rep with payouts...

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

5Dimes usually has pretty good soccer lines, although they aren't the best. I believe that European books have the best lines, Bet365 and Betfair mainly. For Americans though, I love 5Dimes' options

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go 5 Dimes or BetPhoenix. BetJam & Carib are good for the major sports, but stink for soccer.

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Yeah I just realized that 450 betpoints gets $50 at BetPhoenix which would be great for soccer for me right now. My accounts are at like, $25 total haha
    Points Awarded:

LinWin gave tbill11 36 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TurkzZ

Is it possible for your guys to Join ASIAN books like 188?,

mariomonte
    mariomonte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    Is it possible for your guys to Join ASIAN books like 188?,
    All Asias I know are blocked for US access - which has the nice advantage that their US-sports odds are often quite "off", i.e. profitable.
    You even have to be cautious not to use a US proxy to avoid giving them any excuses.

Betphoenix and 5dimes, though, offer quite decent and occasionally top market soccer odds.

mariomonte

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    where can you place DNB and asian bets?
    Betphoenix and 5dimes offer Asian Handicaps - and thus regularly pk, i.e. DNB bets.
    Note though, that you can easily simulate any Asian Handicap between +0.5 and -0.5 with the 1x2 odds.
    E.g. if you have 1x2 bets of +200 each, you can simply put 1/3 of your wager on the draw and you get a DNB bet of +100.
    Points Awarded:

demize21 gave mariomonte 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Hey guys...a lot of US players here it sounds!? Haha...I'm a U.S. tipster and I mostly use Bookmaker on my soccer action...they have a lot of leagues offered, which is a great plus...and, odds are pretty good...something to think about. Most books that are you U.S. friendly offer DnB bets as "(pick)" bets...it is listed where the goal line (handicap) would be. I think Turkzz mentioned it above...but yeah, that's the case.

sprn
    sprn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by tbill11 View Post
    Yeah I just realized that 450 betpoints gets $50 at BetPhoenix which would be great for soccer for me right now. My accounts are at like, $25 total haha
    Can you trade your betpoints for money at different books?

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

best bookie for asian handicaps is pinnacle, no contest. but i dont know if they accept americans

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Quote Originally Posted by sprn View Post
    Can you trade your betpoints for money at different books?
    no, but you can buy freeplays and real cash at many bookies, take a look at the sbr store.

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by mihaita666 View Post
    best bookie for Asian handicaps is pinnacle, no contest. but i don't know if they accept Americans
    unfortunately they dont but what if you have an address outside the us will it work or do they detect ip address????

mariomonte

Quote Originally Posted by demize21 View Post
    unfortunately they dont but what if you have an address outside the us will it work or do they detect ip address????
    Just use a non-US proxy when placing your bets and you're on the safe side.