true blue 26
    true blue 26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2865

over 2,5 vs 2-3 goals

i was wondering if betting 2-3 goals makes more sense than over 2,5. usually when i get burnt betting over 2,5 the score is 1-1 (i.e. psv - milan yesterday). the odds are better too for 2-3 (usually 2.0). what do you guys think? cheers

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Odds are better because you're limited to 2 possible winning outcomes, 2 or 3 goals. 4 goals beats the over but loses that bet. I never play them, maybe someone who does can chime in.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

BTTS v over 2.5 is a harder decision.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    BTTS v over 2.5 is a harder decision.
    Those are two totally different plays that should be used in totally different scenarios, IMO. Really depends who's playing.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Theyre not totally different. If you are betting BTTS or goals then you are avoiding the handicaps, so you dont think heavy win for one side.
    You think goals............If you think one side should be scoring the goals, then you should play handicaps.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Theyre not totally different. If you are betting BTTS or goals then you are avoiding the handicaps, so you dont think heavy win for one side.
    You think goals............If you think one side should be scoring the goals, then you should play handicaps.
    I suppose there is some overlap, but I don't just bet goals when I am avoiding the handicaps...maybe i'm weird haha. But as for the OP's question, I try to avoid bets like that. They are usually too good to be true, and props like this were invented for a reason.

true blue 26
    true blue 26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2865

i dont think they are that fishy of a bet, especially in ligue 1 for example, lots of low scoring games. premier league or bundesliga id be more careful. but maybe it works better in close qualification games etc where both teams come out careful and patient and look for a decent result (lyon, celtic, milan last night etc)

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

I go off of price, rule of thumb difference between 2.5 and 2.5,3 is usually 30 cents. If over 2.5 is at -120, should have over 2.5,3 around +110. I like to take the better price based off of that. I'm one that usually tries to stay away from too many -priced games. Find games you like at +ML and you'll come out better betting -125 games and getting beat up on juice in the long run.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by beeps220 View Post
    I go off of price, rule of thumb difference between 2.5 and 2.5,3 is usually 30 cents. If over 2.5 is at -120, should have over 2.5,3 around +110. I like to take the better price based off of that. I'm one that usually tries to stay away from too many -priced games. Find games you like at +ML and you'll come out better betting -125 games and getting beat up on juice in the long run.
    Think he was asking about 2 or 3 goals scored, not over 2.5/3. First bet more of a prop bet.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Do both teams to score goal