SECSNOB15
    SECSNOB15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Did y'all even watch of the Arsenal- Aston Villa and Chelsea- Hull City games??? Arsenal was very sharp and absolutely dominating until they gave up the penalty kick(s), which I thought was a questionable call at best. Then Arsenal got a red card that was an awful call. Again, another PK and another goal. Villa's final goal was a counter when every Arsenal player was on the offensive trying to get an equalizer.

Chelsea toyed with Hull City the entire game and looked like very, very scary.

No way Aston Villa wins this game. Mourinho also said recently that he wants to 'destroy' teams.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Playing an under in a game you're attending in person is just no fun at all.
    I don't go to games hoping for goals, I go to support my team. Any score is fine by me as long as my team wins. 1-0 beats 5-5 every day. But playing the under can still be a problem there.

I bet it anyway. Que sera sera. If Villa score first I'll just hope to push at 2-1.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by SECSNOB15 View Post
    Did y'all even watch of the Arsenal- Aston Villa and Chelsea- Hull City games??? Arsenal was very sharp and absolutely dominating until they gave up the penalty kick(s), which I thought was a questionable call at best. Then Arsenal got a red card that was an awful call. Again, another PK and another goal. Villa's final goal was a counter when every Arsenal player was on the offensive trying to get an equalizer.

Chelsea toyed with Hull City the entire game and looked like very, very scary.

No way Aston Villa wins this game. Mourinho also said recently that he wants to 'destroy' teams.
    The first Villa penalty was stonewall. The second one perhaps a tad debatable but still a pen.

Red card I'll agree was harsh, or at least not consistent, since a Villa player did the same thing a few mins later and did not get a red.

Chelsea didn't hit second gear against Hull, agreed. But they have had a very intense preseason (played in Asia AND the USA) so a slow-ish pace to the first few games is to be expected. And with Man Utd coming up on Monday, I see no reason for Chelsea to want to hit second gear in this game either. Another 1-0/2-0 win will do fine. Unless they concede in the 1H of course, which will throw everything out the window.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I don't go to games hoping for goals, I go to support my team. Any score is fine by me as long as my team wins. 1-0 beats 5-5 every day. But playing the under can still be a problem there.

I bet it anyway. Que sera sera. If Villa score first I'll just hope to push at 2-1.
    Just something I don't like to do personally, mostly for the scenario you described above. I hate rooting against my team for some cash.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Kinda iffy about the totals. Going to bet this instead, Villa +1.5 @ 2.03. Good value here in my opinion, as Chelsea prepares to face Man U on Monday.

SECSNOB15
    SECSNOB15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

The first Villa penalty was stonewall. The second one perhaps a tad debatable but still a pen.

Red card I'll agree was harsh, or at least not consistent, since a Villa player did the same thing a few mins later and did not get a red.

Chelsea didn't hit second gear against Hull, agreed. But they have had a very intense preseason (played in Asia AND the USA) so a slow-ish pace to the first few games is to be expected. And with Man Utd coming up on Monday, I see no reason for Chelsea to want to hit second gear in this game either. Another 1-0/2-0 win will do fine. Unless they concede in the 1H of course, which will throw everything out the window.
    Agreed. Chelsea playing in first gear is still at least one goal better than Villa. Aston Villa is a middle of the pack Premier League team at best. Chelsea has the depth to field close to two starting XI's and they would still be the better team than Villa. Mourinho is a very confident, egotistical guy so he wants to win and he wants to win with ease every time he sends his team on the pitch.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

chelsea home crowd will be enough villa was not that great in form until arsenal were cracking

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

It's the 2nd game of the season, way to early to be saving guys for a game next week. Chelsea didn't break a sweat against Hull, no reason to sit back now. Over thinking it a bit, imo.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    It's the 2nd game of the season, way to early to be saving guys for a game next week. Chelsea didn't break a sweat against Hull, no reason to sit back now. Over thinking it a bit, imo.
    Who mentioned saving guys? You have to look at the bigger picture. All the main guys will play for sure, this is a game to be won. But after a gruelling pre season (who the fukk goes to Asia and the USA for pre-season?), this team is not yet ready for a full 90 minute effort at a high intensity, or at least would rather avoid it. See where winning the first 4 games by scoring 4-5-6 goals a game got the 2010/11 version of Chelsea.

Jose's Chelsea teams always held on to leads very well and won a boatload of games 1-0 or 2-0. This isn't Real Madrid where you need to provide the fans with 5-0 batterings to keep them happy. So unless this game proves to be bumpy (ie Villa score first), no reason not to just coast to victory by applying the needed pressure in 1 or 2 key 10-15 minute spells and keep working our way into this thing. Batterings are more due for February or so.

I've rarely seen a team that looked as out of sorts as Hull on Sunday, they absolutely look like the worst team in the league at the moment. It was the ideal opportunity to score those 4, 5 goals or whatever. If there was going to be a blowout in those 2 games, it would've been Sunday.

I would be very surprised to see the game go over UNLESS Villa scores first.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

I really like the both teams to score.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Why Fernando isn't on the bench?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Did not pull the trigger.....might be a nice opportunity for the 2nd half

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

(who the fukk goes to Asia and the USA for pre-season?).
    Teams who have MASSSSSSSIIIIVVVVVEEEEE fan bases in those places, should travel there. When the season isn't in full swing, and there is money to be made, make it and at the same time, appease world-wide fans, spur merchandise sales and make more money. Its the opportunity of a lifetime to see the club they support for those people who can't get to Stamford bridge. I don't know if you ever fly, but I used to fly back and forth from Toronto to China a few times a year and sorry to say, but it doesn't take months to recover from a half-day flight.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Both teams score (+100) I like alot as well
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Did not pull the trigger.....might be a nice opportunity for the 2nd half

Benteke is a fukkin boss

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

OMG I went all in first half over 1, 1.5 and looked and threw my phone

What happened !?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Parlayed Arsenal PK with Aston/Chelsea Over 3.5 during halftime for a very small action bet......Won't be able to watch the 2nd half but I like it

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    I like this. Juicy but sensible.
    Got over 2.5, - 166 locally because
    it's soccer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Easy-Peasy 2-1
    Money in the bank...
    It's only soccer, but it spends like real cash...

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Looks like a push on the total 3.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Over 2.5 ! 2-1 Chelsea F

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

+2 AV, money in the bank

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Who mentioned saving guys? You have to look at the bigger picture. All the main guys will play for sure, this is a game to be won. But after a gruelling pre season (who the fukk goes to Asia and the USA for pre-season?), this team is not yet ready for a full 90 minute effort at a high intensity, or at least would rather avoid it. See where winning the first 4 games by scoring 4-5-6 goals a game got the 2010/11 version of Chelsea.

Jose's Chelsea teams always held on to leads very well and won a boatload of games 1-0 or 2-0. This isn't Real Madrid where you need to provide the fans with 5-0 batterings to keep them happy. So unless this game proves to be bumpy (ie Villa score first), no reason not to just coast to victory by applying the needed pressure in 1 or 2 key 10-15 minute spells and keep working our way into this thing. Batterings are more due for February or so.

I've rarely seen a team that looked as out of sorts as Hull on Sunday, they absolutely look like the worst team in the league at the moment. It was the ideal opportunity to score those 4, 5 goals or whatever. If there was going to be a blowout in those 2 games, it would've been Sunday.

I would be very surprised to see the game go over UNLESS Villa scores first.
    Sorry for not responding earlier, was watching 3 games at once. I was referring to the idea that Chelsea was looking ahead to Man U and it wouldn't be wise to expend a lot of energy, as if Villa would be a cakewalk. Get ahead and let off the gas. Chelsea's lucky Ivanovic wasn't sent off plus they were given a gift of a non-call on Terry's handball. Game could have very easily ended 2-1 in Villa's favor. Not a matter of who's right and who's wrong, just my opinion. I would make that bet (over) 10 out of 10 times. Villa's a better team than the one that escaped relegation.

Now give me 2 more in Spain .

Seto

Meh, I feel like I shoulda won as this game was played as I thought on a very slow pace until Villa scored out of nowhere.

I guess my team won and I didn't lose (pushed) so it wasn't such a bad evening.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Sorry for not responding earlier, was watching 3 games at once. I was referring to the idea that Chelsea was looking ahead to Man U and it wouldn't be wise to expend a lot of energy, as if Villa would be a cakewalk. Get ahead and let off the gas. Chelsea's lucky Ivanovic wasn't sent off plus they were given a gift of a non-call on Terry's handball. Game could have very easily ended 2-1 in Villa's favor. Not a matter of who's right and who's wrong, just my opinion. I would make that bet (over) 10 out of 10 times. Villa's a better team than the one that escaped relegation.

Now give me 2 more in Spain .
    The second half was a bit more alive but if Villa doesn't equalize completely out of nowhere at the end of the 1H, this game would've been quite different. There were probably 3 or 4 goalscoring opportunities in the entire first half.

Anyway it doesn't really matter what should've or could've happened, ultimately my bet pushed whch I guess is better than losing. And most important got the 3pts.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    Kinda iffy about the totals. Going to bet this instead, Villa +1.5 @ 2.03. Good value here in my opinion, as Chelsea prepares to face Man U on Monday.
    Hope you guys tailed on this one. Villa will make us all money throughout this EPL season.

First 12