KATCHASE
    KATCHASE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3699

Well, it looks like I'll be bringing this experiment to a close. Unfortunately, it's become obvious that the strategy I've applied here really cannot be practically and reasonably sustained.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to move on and re-focus. My thanks goes out to everyone for your input and support. Best of luck...

Wednesday's Results: 2-0 (+2 units), 0 open

Quote Originally Posted by KATCHASE View Post
    #27(A) WEST HAM (ENG) + ABERDEEN (SCO) @ 1.68 (1.47 units to win 1 unit) | #27(B) SONDERJYSKE (DEN) + SLAVIA PRAGUE (CZE) @ 1.4 (6.18 units to win 2.47 units)
    My Hail Mary...

#25(A) SENICA (SLO) + LIVERPOOL (ENG) @ 1.3 (3.34 units to win 1 unit) | #25(B) LIVERPOOL (ENG) + HOUSTON (CONCACAF) @ 1.46 (9.44 units to win 4.34 units) | #25(C) MEZOKOVESD-ZSORY (HUN) + TAMMEKA TARTU (EST) @ 1.28 (49.22 units to win 13.78 units) | #25(D) EVERTON (ENG) + CELTIC (EUR) + CRUZ AZUL (CONCACAF) @ 1.78 (80.77 units to win 63 units) | #25 (E) CLUB TIJUANA (CONCACAF) @ 1.13 (1105.93 units to win 143.77 units)
    RECORD: 27-0 (+27 units)

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

low odds = high risk of ruin quickly!

KATCHASE

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPicks View Post
    low odds = high risk of ruin quickly!
    ...as opposed to higher odds equalling ruin slowly?

I don't believe your equation applies to what I'd like to accomplish. The correct equation would be:

low odds + an edge = profits

EasyPicks

low odds (moneylines etc) are made to entice the recreational player aka THE LOSER!

An edge (as u call it) every serious gambler tries to have one, either it's at even odds/underdog/high fav's; so if the "edge" was commensurable as a part of an equation == the better the odds you would get the better the long term results!

KATCHASE

I beg to differ.

An edge can be any piece of information a gambler uses to gain an advantage over the house when placing a bet.

So obviously you are incorrect in your claim that an edge exclusively applies to "even odds/underdog/high fav's". This is the mindset of the typical conventional gambler. An edge can applied to any type of bet... including low odds...and as long as you have that edge you will achieve positive long term results!

EasyPicks

low odds (moneylines etc) are made to entice the recreational player aka THE LOSER!

An edge (as u call it) every serious gambler tries to have one, either it's at even odds/underdog/high fav's; so if the "edge" was commensurable as a part of an equation == the better the odds you would get the better the long term results!
    I beg to differ.

An edge can be any piece of information a gambler uses to gain an advantage over the house when placing a bet.

So obviously you are incorrect in your claim that an edge exclusively applies to "even odds/underdog/high fav's". This is the mindset of the typical conventional gambler. An edge can applied to any type of bet... including low odds...and as long as you have that edge you will achieve positive long term results!
    where the fklk did I said that an edge exclusively applies to even/und./fav's?????

KATCHASE

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stop fighting
    It read as if you were saying theres no point playing short odds, as there is no value. Low odds = ruin.
    Thats not true, as Kat tried to point out.

First 123