flaminmoses
    flaminmoses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

What's your strategy?

Never bet early season.....give it a few weeks.

Never bet last month of the season unless its in the cups.

Stick to the major European Leagues and maybe the odd country like Holland , Portugal and others who are not known for match fixing lol.....that rules out albania and turkey.

Always look for up and coming teams as you will be able to get an edge for a while on these teams......take note though you will need to have had years of experience of spotting these.

Know your managers and their abilities.

get to watch as many games on telly or the web as much as possible.....yep it will wreck your social life but hey your in it to win it.

and last but certainly not least try and understand the mental side of the game and how it can affect sides.

stemellor
    stemellor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flaminmoses View Post
    Completely agree. I rarely handicap a match unless there has been at least 5 games in the season.

Last month of the season is very profitable for me normally though. This is the time of the season where the motivation of the team/coach is very transparent.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Good points Flaminmoses!

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

I agree except for this : Never bet last month of the season

If you have a title race it's just free money.

flaminmoses
    flaminmoses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i think it can work both ways......ive seen 1/10 shots get turned over at home when the pressure was on.
    Thing is a lot fo them do win but the odds tend to reflect the chances.

Early season you can spot a few things others may miss which tranlates to an edge....hopefully lol

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Yes and no. You can find absolutely great spots at the beginning of the season. Especially when you understand more of the game/teams/leagues then the "normal" 08/15 bettor.
    Never bet last month of the season unless its in the cups.
    No, wouldn't say that. Again you just need to find your spots. Some teams already reached their season goals, some don't, lots of opportunities may pop up.
    Stick to the major European Leagues and maybe the odd country like Holland , Portugal and others who are not known for match fixing lol.....that rules out albania and turkey.
    No. a) you'll find fixed matches in a lot of leagues. b) Bookies have the most knowledge of the big leagues. c) You rarely (in fact nearly never) find completely wrong odds in the big leagues. But you do find them in absolutely small leagues (Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, etc etc), because that is one spot where the Bookies often have no idea what they are doing. Iceland women f.e. is a league where the bookies so so so often make their odds based on tables only, they have no idea of big infos like "Team A has the 3rd goalie in net who is only 15 years now" or "Main 4 scorers for Team B are out". But you can find this information. It's hard work to cap these leagues but it sure as hell does pay of big time.
    get to watch as many games on telly or the web as much as possible.....yep it will wreck your social life but hey your in it to win it.
    Yes, absolutely. Watching games is the Alpha and Omega. You need to know teams, need to know styles, need to know names. (Don't let it wreck your social life though ^^). I often watch games that I wouldn't watch as a fan. Who wants to watch an Estonian league match which has the skill of the German 10th league? Nobody. But you have to do these things.
    and last but certainly not least try and understand the mental side of the game and how it can affect sides.
    Yes. But not only this. Make notes. You can't keep it all in your hand. I have big binders of fixed games from the past years with live odds movement etc f.e. Have paper and pen near your laptop to note every little thing that comes to your mind and you think is/may be important. It helps a lot. Again it's hard work to do this on a regular basis and to maintain your data currently so you find what you are looking for in a short time.