Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Bayern Munchen vs FC Barcelona

Ok i will just go ahead and paste the information here so everyone can take a look for themselves. But as far as i know Barca are in horrible shape and will be punished by the German Beasts!!!!

Barcelona kick-start their pre-season campaign tomorrow, as they prepare to travel to Germany to face Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich in the 2013 Uli Hoeness Cup. Despite appointing Gerardo Martino as their new coach this morning, Barcelona travel to the Allianz Arena without a permanent coach, and will therefore be led by Jordi Roura and Rubi – in what may be their last match with the club.
    After the unfortunate resignation of head coach Tito Vilanova, the players were in no fit state to travel to Poland on Saturday, where they would have otherwise started their pre-season against Lechia Gdansk (who last night kicked off their season with a 2-2 draw at home to Podbeskidzie). And as that match will now be played in a week’s time on the 30th, Barça now face the unenviable task of squaring off against the reigning European Champions in their first friendly match of 2013/14.
    TEAM NEWS
    BARCELONA
    Worryingly, that’s just the tip of the iceberg for Barcelona who will not only be in inferior condition to their Bavarian hosts, but will also be without a raft of first-team players who are yet to return to the club after their service at the 2013 Confederations Cup. That means there will be no Xavi, no Andrés Iniesta, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Piqué, or even Neymar, or Dani Alves – so Lionel Messi and possibly Alexis Sánchez aside, Barça will be without their entire first-choice starting XI, particularly as club captain Carles Puyol continues to miss out through injury.
    So, if Barcelona lost by four goals on their last trip to the Allianz Arena with their first-choice XI, what on earth are we in store for tomorrow, when a second-string team attempts to go toe-to-toe with a full-strength Bayern Munich?

If the recent matches between the two sides are anything to go by, it’s going to be a busy night for Jose Manuel Pinto in the Barcelona goal. Starting between the sticks in the absence of Victor Valdés, Pinto enters this pre-season knowing that this may well be his last year with the club, as Barcelona reportedly have deals with both Pepe Reina and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen. Certainly, if those two do end up joining the club, there doesn’t appear to be much room for a 38 year-old veteran like Pinto – regardless of his character and popularity in the dressing-room. Yet, there’s a feeling that with Pinto, age is just a number.

LIKELY LINE-UPS
    First-half
    Barcelona (4-3-3): Pinto; Montoya, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano; Song, JDS, Roberto; Alexis, Messi, Tello
    Second-half
    Barcelona (4-3-3): Oier; Patric, Sergi Gomez, Mascherano, Planas; Samper, Ilie, Espinosa; Nieto, Dongou, Roman
    Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Lahm, Van Buyten, Dante, Alaba; Thiago, Kroos; Robben, Müller, Ribery; Mandzukic

MATCH PREDICTION
    Barcelona have only just started pre-season, are without the majority of their starting XI, and don’t even have a permanent manager to lead them out at the Allianz, against a Bayern side that’s continuing to dominate all-comers under our best-ever coach, Pep Guardiola. There appears to be no way that Barcelona will win, but this is only a friendly after all; the result is irrelevant. Still, I’ll predict a close first-half (possibly finishing 1-1) and depending on the scale of each team’s substitutions, I can see Bayern running away with it in the second-half. 3-1 Bayern.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The key point of this game is Pinto starting in goal for Barca. He's just too old and slow for top-flight football, and against the insane offence of Bayern? He's toast.

Pretty much everything leaning on over and Bayern's handicap makes sense here. Over 3.5, Bayern -1, Bayern -1.5. Just don't get too greedy.

Also on a side note, Real Madrid's playing Lyon. I believe that there's massive value in parlaying Real Madrid ML @ 1.60 with a market on the Barca match, Real Madrid will be fielding a top side (just look at who they played against the minnows Bournemouth). Lyon won't stand a chance in hell.

Akatana

My own two bets on the game:

Over 2.5 @ 1.40 (Big units)
    Bayern Munchen -1.25 @ 2.20 (Medium units)

PS: The line movement has been interesting, since the opening line the movement does not favor the spread's on Bayern but untill a master line reader can come and convince me to not make this play i'll have to just make my play based on the information that i have evaluated! Bol to everyone!

Akatana

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    The key point of this game is Pinto starting in goal for Barca. He's just too old and slow for top-flight football, and against the insane offence of Bayern? He's toast.

Pretty much everything leaning on over and Bayern's handicap makes sense here. Over 3.5, Bayern -1, Bayern -1.5. Just don't get too greedy.

Also on a side note, Real Madrid's playing Lyon. I believe that there's massive value in parlaying Real Madrid ML @ 1.60 with a market on the Barca match, Real Madrid will be fielding a top side (just look at who they played against the minnows Bournemouth). Lyon won't stand a chance in hell.
    Agreed. Also going to look into the Madrid game. The ML @ 1.60 is something i like taking here with medium units as a single play! But will also consider parlaying it!

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

suggestions for Schalke 04 1.55 v Southampton 5.75

theballsflop
    Fish

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    I wouldn't bother. Got burned last night by Hamburg vs West Ham, never know what the shittier German sides are gonna pull.

Akatana

I would stay away from this too although i have to say that Schalke should win this. Here is some useful info:

Southampton FC tonight play Schalke 04 as they step up their pre-season training in preparation for the fast approaching new season.
    After two fairly comfortable games against lower Spanish League teams Saints take on a big step up in class. Last season Schalke finished fourth in the German League and have a team laden with quality.
    New centre back Dejan Lovren will probably be up against Dutch striker Klass-Jan Huntelaar, whose glittering career has seen him play for the likes of Real Madrid and AC Milan
    Costing more than £50m overall Huntelaar will prove a stern test with the experience that he has gained playing for Heerenveen, Ajax, Real Madrid, AC Milan and now Schalke.
    Amongst others they have hot property Julian Draxler, who has been linked with a string of big money summer moves, and Peruvian superstar Jefferson Farfan. They are managed by Jens Keller.
    Schalke played our next opponents Besiktas on Saturday drawing 1-1. Their goal was scored by Draxler in front of more than 4000 spectators in the Stadion Villach Lind which may give them a slight edge in so far as they will be more accustomed to the ground.
    Saints may begin to play with what could be some of their stronger players now as they prepare the final pieces to the pre-season puzzle. Deciding who will be in the starting eleven against West Bromwich Albion in three weeks time when we kick the season off in earnest.
    A tough game can be expected but with the possible inclusion of Maya Yoshida and Gaston Ramirez who were both allowed to return to the club late after summer matches with their respective countries in South America.
    It will certainly be a game that Saints will take seriously.

Both teams are going to field in strong squads and both are going to monitor their teams carefully So with that being in mind i expect Schalke to be on top of things against Southampton but then again it is a friendly and motivation other than hunting first place spots in the teams, which IMO is a good enough motivation to play seriously, being a friendly is still not entirely reliable so be wary.
    Last edited by Akatana; 07-24-13 at 08:40 AM.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

i got burnt earlier by spurs == 1-3 sutherland

theballsflop
    Fish

i got burnt earlier by spurs == 1-3 sutherland
    Yeah I saw that over at the tennis forum. Some friendlies are easier to predict, some are just too volatile. Gotta pick the right ones, too many club friendlies right now to be playing all the ones with the big names.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Akatana, i'm getting over 3.5 at +103 in barc game. still worth going big? keep in mind, i do not have an option to bet at halftime nor live play.

thank you.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Bayern - and Over2.5, 3 for me.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNite View Post
    Bayern - and Over2.5, 3 for me.
    my book is mainly an mlb book. and i don't play mlb. it's pretty much the best option i have though.

Akatana

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    Akatana, i'm getting over 3.5 at +103 in barc game. still worth going big? keep in mind, i do not have an option to bet at halftime nor live play.

thank you.
    Well in theory there should be over 5 goals in this match, the fact that Barca are missing so many of their top playmakers and attackers plus also some very crucial defenders means that they will concede goals plus with the likes of Messi and such they can of course score goals too, the only thing that worries me is a 2-1 or 3-0 kind of result, but with that being said Bayern are brutal they have a full squad ready and playing in front of home fans will be motivating enough for them to show Barca a good lesson once again. Also Barca overall is not in a great shape, this is their first pre-season warm up match while Bayern have already played a few matches and are a lot more prepared. On a final note i would not hesitate to go for over 3.5! A safer option in this situation is the Bayern -1 handicap if you can get it, odds will still be decent on that, or if you want to go big and even safer, take the over 2.5 which is around 1.40-1.45 Bol

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    Well in theory there should be over 5 goals in this match, the fact that Barca are missing so many of their top playmakers and attackers plus also some very crucial defenders means that they will concede goals plus with the likes of Messi and such they can of course score goals too, the only thing that worries me is a 2-1 or 3-0 kind of result, but with that being said Bayern are brutal they have a full squad ready and playing in front of home fans will be motivating enough for them to show Barca a good lesson once again. Also Barca overall is not in a great shape, this is their first pre-season warm up match while Bayern have already played a few matches and are a lot more prepared. On a final note i would not hesitate to go for over 3.5! A safer option in this situation is the Bayern -1 handicap if you can get it, odds will still be decent on that, or if you want to go big and even safer, take the over 2.5 which is around 1.40-1.45 Bol
    i only have one option 3.5. thanks a bunch for taking the time with that info. either Bayern -1.5 (only option i have) or 3.5 or both. i'm going in!

have a good day, buddy.

stemellor
    stemellor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info here. I'm on the over 3 goals as well.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Totals. Playing sides in friendlies will break you. No guarantee with totals but easier to cap/win. I played the over in the Schalke, Hannover, Bayern, PSV, Feyenoord, and RM matches. Just a half unit each, action play more than anything.

alex0
    alex0's Avatar Become A Pro!

my play parlay over 2.5 bayern , over 2.5 madrid gl all

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-0 and 4-1 correct scores just out of boredom (11.00 and 19.00)
    I was going to take Barca team total over 1.5 @ 2.80 but if that really is the second half line up, no good.

biff
    dead

maybe a little on barc moneyline +580? given the information Akatana has given it does not seem like it has any chance to hit but this is soccer.

biff
    dead

stream to game

http://www.usagoals.me/football.html

credit to Akatana for making me aware of this site.

Akatana

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    maybe a little on barc moneyline +580? given the information Akatana has given it does not seem like it has any chance to hit but this is soccer.
    At the end of the day this is a friendly and Barcelona is Barcelona so it could very well happen. But these German beasts are too much quality and not a team that let's such a thing happen often! They are brutal as many know here and will not take it easy on Barcelona. This may be a friendly but the rivalry will be seen i'm sure and i don't see Bayern backing down in this game, they are so prepared. But then again anything can happen in football and it can happen easily so we will see........

theballsflop
    Fish

Anyone got the official starting lineups?

Akatana

Anyone got the official starting lineups?
    Unfortunately i can't find it at this moment cause i just started looking when i saw your post, but the game begins in 2 mins so you will see soon yourself lol

theballsflop
    Fish

I have 5 units on Bayern -1, you have similar line so I think this game will be over by HT Akatana. hahahaha

Akatana

I have 5 units on Bayern -1, you have similar line so I think this game will be over by HT Akatana. hahahaha
    Hahahah surely our winning streak can't end here my friend the Bayern boys will do us justice!!!

theballsflop
    Fish

Lol mascherano playing centre back for Barca

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    At the end of the day this is a friendly and Barcelona is Barcelona so it could very well happen. But these German beasts are too much quality and not a team that let's such a thing happen often! They are brutal as many know here and will not take it easy on Barcelona. This may be a friendly but the rivalry will be seen i'm sure and i don't see Bayern backing down in this game, they are so prepared. But then again anything can happen in football and it can happen easily so we will see........
    put a little on the dog. Akatana without sounding corny i hope you don't leave this site. you a lot of good info and have a lot knowledge.

have a good one pal.

biff
    dead

no edit button and i butchered that reply so will just post again

put a little on the dog. Akatana without sounding corny i hope you don't leave this site. you share a lot of good info and have a lot of knowledge.

have a good one pal.

theballsflop
    Fish

ddamn delayed kickoff. almost 1am here in singapore already

biff
    dead

ddamn delayed kickoff. almost 1am here in singapore already
    that's the one thing i can't stand about soccer. that and players acting like they are about to die just because they get a cramp.

theballsflop
    Fish

wtf how did robben miss that

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

on Bet365 it says it's only a 80 minutes match (2x40mins)

Akatana

Bayern are brutal when they go forward!

biff
    dead

wtf how did robben miss that
    just do what i do: even though i can watch this game just use http://live.7msport.com/ it's the best live soccer scores i have found. around the end of the game if your bet is close watch the game. you'll drive yourself insane if you knew how many misses there were in a game.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    on Bet365 it says it's only a 80 minutes match (2x40mins)
    really? do they do that in some games?

123 Last