TheSportsAnalyst
    TheSportsAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Gold Cup Thread

Starts at 5.30pm ET with Canada v Martinique.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Martinique +1

lots of players in lowers French leagues a few in Germany, Spain. I think Canada won't have an easy game as many would expect.

Check USA -- Belize over under 4 still at decent odds. This game should be a blow out.

TheSportsAnalyst

Canada will play with some rookies, players of Martinique are young but professionals and tested at high levels.

+1 for Martinique is very juiced and probably not worth the price but I can't see Canada winning by 2 here.
    Also they didn't played well recently. Probably they're more of a team but their level isn't enough to crush Martinique.

Opening line (Martinique +1.5 -110 on Pinny) was a joke.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Under in Canada/Mart - Final score is prob 0-0 or 1-0...

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

usa over looks good? i'm still wary and always will be of usa actually hitting overs. they might be as of late i think but you never know what you will get with them. you have better chances of winning with a one-sided coin then totals if the usa are involved in my opinion.

well, i guess i just answered my own question. ha.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

USA not playing today. i bet you guys wish you were on what it looks i am.

Canada game goes under? what about Mexico?

thanks.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Mexico -1, some of this guys still have a good chance to be called to the team that will play the WCQ, there is for sure some talent in this team. I expect Mexico to play aggressive, a good impression in this cup is vital for the Mexican coach to continue in charge

TheSportsAnalyst

LOL at Canada.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Canada looked really bad no surprise. Good for Martinique. But damn so many missed chances!

olemissbydamn
    olemissbydamn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I'll go with Mexico but am struggling with this pick. Panama at full strength and the Mexican B team where their A team couldn't beat Panama. Also horrible warm up games against Mexican club teams. However this is one of those statement games and I think Mexico looks to do that. Oh, the choices!

TheSportsAnalyst

Mexico is without 14/15 possible starters. All local players and none with more than 15 int callups.
    Panama is pretty modest though.

Under?

olemissbydamn

This game is hard to cap from every standpoint. Mexico could wake up at anytime though this squad is the B team they have some young talent and could shine, and with the formation they're using it definitely looks like they want to get out there and score some goals. Panama without one of their best players who is playing in the FC Dallas/Galaxy game tonight, but for the most part this is their A team. Mexico -1 feels more like a push than a win to me but taking the other side seems a bit dangerous.

TheSportsAnalyst

Quote Originally Posted by olemissbydamn View Post
    This game is hard to cap from every standpoint. Mexico could wake up at anytime though this squad is the B team they have some young talent and could shine, and with the formation they're using it definitely looks like they want to get out there and score some goals. Panama without one of their best players who is playing in the FC Dallas/Galaxy game tonight, but for the most part this is their A team. Mexico -1 feels more like a push than a win to me but taking the other side seems a bit dangerous.
    Totally agree.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Panama missing 3 key players (best ones) tejada, blas perez (fordwars) and Baloy (central defender)

Mexico lining up a pretty strong team. Even though chicharito, Guardado etc are not playing. The team that will play has a lot of quality players Marco Fabian, lugo, castro, Jimenez.

My call is Mexico 2-0 as I think panama will try to secure defense and try not to lose the game and counter attack when they can. But I personally think that in this case if Mexico find an early goal they can put some more away. Under over I think is risky here.

olemissbydamn

Well so much for that. Hopefully Mexico can respond quickly and get themselves back into this. That was just sloppy play.

No composure on that break away, that should have at least resulted in a difficult save for the Panamanian keeper.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

No s h i t.... Mexico sucks ass.... Martinique can take them ..... El chepo de la torre will be out of a job after this tourney

olemissbydamn

Not over yet. That was a great touch then shot.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

For sure! Shoul be a good 2nd half.... Mexico needs to put their shit together !!!!

olemissbydamn

From the close of that half it looks like that goal really energized them. Shame they didn't have a few more minutes to press Panama and try to get another while Panama was down. If they can come out with the same energy -1 will be looking great. They certainly will be the team coming out of halftime with the momentum.

olemissbydamn

Frustration at a maximum

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Will be keeping a close eye on this thread, hope to recoup some of my Anderson-Asshole Silva-Shitface losses with nice tips from the knowledgeble guys here.

olemissbydamn

Ahhhhh hard to get mad about that as Panama could of had a goal but posted it the same way. Wish it would have gone in though. If -1 should cover Mexico needs to score soon, Panama would be ok with a draw considering the other teams in the group.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Canada and Mexico looked really craptacular today. Mexico's goal was really more of a lucky break. Took a live bet for Panama to win after the 2nd goal and happy it cashed. No idea how to bet on tomorrow's games, except maybe Haiti can create a surprise: they were reasonably successful in their recent friendlies. Canada will be on autofade for their next game.

TheSportsAnalyst

Glaaaaaad I avoided it.

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

What sort of handicap should i take for USA against belize?

TheSportsAnalyst

El Salvador +0 @2.14 on asians look tasty to me.

Trinidad shown nothing recently despite they have quality players.
    They're not a team unlike El Salvador.

It will be tough to win for them imho.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsAnalyst View Post
    Glaaaaaad I avoided it.
    Mexico looked awful! no questions asked...betting against mexico could be a good, let;s see what options we get from the books.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsAnalyst View Post
    El Salvador +0 @2.14 on asians look tasty to me.

Trinidad shown nothing recently despite they have quality players.
    They're not a team unlike El Salvador.

It will be tough to win for them imho.
    Agreed, both of this teams are pretty bad now, El Salvador usually plays with a lot of heart, but very sloppy game.

olemissbydamn

I was leaning T&T at the beginning but the more I think about it and look at the teams I'm now leaning more towards a draw. Both teams are fairly sloppy but have some bright players. T&T's best player, that striker from Stoke, could be dangerous but he plays more of a facilitator role instead of an actual striker due to the fact he's the best player on the team. This takes away some of the threat of that team.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

odds on the over 2.5 are getting close to 2.45 haha, I cannot belive there will not be goals in this game, I am already on the over 2 for a unit, I will put 0.5 on the over 2.5...at those odds, I'll take my chances!

olemissbydamn

Sloppiness can go both ways, that's what worries me on the o/u. I do think the odds are attractive enough to where if you wanted to gamble on it putting a small bit on the over couldn't hurt, but I'm not confident enough to do it myself.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Nice finish by El Salvador and then Trinidad!

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Jones looks like a giant compare to the Salvadorian defenders

olemissbydamn

Nice call on that over, I'm just glad the response to goals happened all game so my draw hit as well. I took Honduras in this one, although honestly a draw here seems attractive also. Really hope Honduras can pull it out, pretty much opposite odds of the draw that I won, so it would cancel my win out if I lose this one.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!

Over was good...great call on the draw bro, lots of chances from El Salvador.

I am on Haiti +1 and PK.... Lets see how it plays!

1234 ... Last