mr1sparkle
    mr1sparkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Does anyone bet on both team of same match

I have never wage on both team of the same match before, so i want some of your thoughts on betting both side. Is it possible, will my wage get cancel or what?

I checked out the odds on the Russia vs Germany match.
    Ok if i lay 100 dollar on each team:
    Germany +200, Russia +125

Despite of the possiblity of a draw, let say germany win, i get 200 buck, OR if russia win i get 125 buck

200-100=100
    or
    125-100=25

isnt it win win?

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

yea unles draw than - 200

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

If you won an average $50 each time you did this, you'd need to have 4 wins for every draw just to break even so only 20% of the games you bet on, could be draws. You would need a drawing percentage of under 20% to be profitable and that might be difficult to achieve because a lot of leagues have a drawing percentage of over 20% in the long term.

Personally, I don't like this strategy, I think its too risky, I don't like risking more than 1 unit on a play. There's also the risk that the books will take a negative reaction to this sort of betting pattern so there's the potential of having your limits cut or being banned.

If you can find a way of making it work then fair play to you, I hope you win lots of cash. However, I would never use this betting method.

As they say, "if it was that easy, everybody would be doing it". Also, if it was that easy, the books would have changed their betting rules or odds to reflect this.

mariomonte
    mariomonte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Quote Originally Posted by mr1sparkle View Post
    Germany +200, Russia +125

isnt it win win?
    It's most definitely not win win since the bookies expect (realistically) around 30% draws - which would result in you losing 200$.
    The bookies don't mind these plays at all. Most "European" bookies even offer a Double Chance bet for 12; alternatively you could just lay the draw at an exchange.
    Those bets are rarely value, though.

A completely different story is betting both the draw and the winner, which often results in superior odds to the respective handicap lines.

InThisMoment
    hello
    InThisMoment's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing wrong with betting two sides of a three-way line.

On this match in particular I'd say the Germans would be perfectly happy with a draw away here.

Lots of misunderstanding of the three-way soccer lines by new soccer bettors, tread carefully if you do not know what you are doing.

LinWin
    LinWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are betting on both teams, you are saying that you believe the probability of
    a draw is low. There are circumstances where neither team can use a draw, in
    those cases it could be favourable.

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Why wouldnt the bookies allow this? They even offer it at my books, its called double chance...