Betpoints: 70

wooow his carrier is over now i think if it right

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Well time to retire...

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

aaaaa, be a real shame if this is true, He was amazing in the 2006 World Cup

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

There was a video a few years ago of him and some others players (Veron from Argentina) when they were playin for PArma of them injecting some drugs

vega007
    vega007's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is still the best central defender in the world. He filed for an exemption months ago, I don't know why this is news now. He'll win his appeal at the hearing tomorrow, no doubt about it.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

best? hes been shit since the world cup ended

vega007
    vega007's Avatar Become A Pro!

No he hasn't. I watched him play for a ten men Italy team against Ireland in the qualifiers and he had Robbie Keane in his pocket the entire match.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    best? hes been shit since the world cup ended
    every central defender that goes at real madrid loses defensive knowledge ) the list is long : walter samuel, fabio cannavaro, johnatan woodgate or cristoph metzelder are the first names that come to my mind

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Most players seem to claim that failing their drugs test was as a result of medicine, however, in this case, it seems that Cannavaro is telling the truth and that he had a genuinely good reason for testing positive.

He's been a great defender throughout his career. His spells at Inter and Real Madrid were not the best, however, he's been a top defender at all his other clubs and was definately one of the top defenders in the world in his prime. He's still quite good now, even though he's roughly 36 years old now.

I remember that video involving Parma players taking drugs, wasn't that before a UEFA Cup game? Did anybody end up getting banned as a result of that video? I can't remember what happened after that incident. I do remember that around the same era, players such as Davids and Stam received drugs bans in Italy, think there might have been a couple of other players banned as well. I seem to remember Fernando Couto receiving a ban at some stage a while ago, was he part of Cannavaro's Parma team that was caught on video with the drugs?

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

With that Parma thing, i think the club gt punnished for making the players take performance enhancing drugs lol.

Cannavaro is still one of my fav defenders, even at 36 hes a class act , he can easily play in the up and comming World Cup,

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    With that Parma thing, i think the club gt punnished for making the players take performance enhancing drugs lol.

Cannavaro is still one of my fav defenders, even at 36 hes a class act , he can easily play in the up and comming World Cup,
    I think Cannavaro is one of the few 36 year olds who doesn't seem to be a 36 year old, if that makes sense. Whenever you see him play, he still looks looks like a quality, experienced defender who is roughly 28-32. If I didn't already know his year of birth, I would never pick him out as a 36 year old. Physically, he doesn't seem to be struggling at all, he's in very good physical condition.

I really respect players who take care of their body's and keep themselves in such good condition well into their 30's. It really shows you who is a model professional in this sport.