tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Denmark-Sweden FIXED AGAIN?

Real challenge this game. very difficult to predict.

i just wanna remind that in Euro the two teams fixed their game in a 2:2 result, not even a draw, coz that was the only way to pass both, through the group stage and leave the Italians eliminated. So there is PAST.

On the other hand there is their last meeting in Copenghagen which never ended...
    I do not know which is their relations this time. I just know that the two countries cooperate outside sports and they are more than "friends" generally.

Sweden wants the win to keep distance from Portugal. The draw is not enough coz they will need to score many goals against Albania last game.This could happen too...

I think Portugal will score as much as they can in the two coming games in front of their fans.Portugal is the third in this group and the unluckiest ever, they have not won a home game yet(0-2-1). Portugal is the best team, but the bad luck, the stupid manager and a naive approach of the past games brought them in this situation.

Denmark needs 3 points to qualify. They are facing Hungary (Hungary visititing Portugal this Saturday) in their last fixture, so they will face a team without
    incentive...

1st Scenario
    Denmark loses and after that win Hungary and qualify
    that is the best for Sweden too. 2 victories and 2ndplace.
    Portugal out.

2nd Scenario
    Denmark-Sweden Draw. That gives the ticket to Denmark whataever happens and keeps Swedish hope for the 2nd place, by winning the last easy game and beating Portugal at the goal average( if Portugal wins the last two).

3rd Scenario
    Denmark wins and knocks down swedish hope of qualification.

i think the 1st scenario more likely to happen, but didn't decide yet.
    I m gonna post any info i recieve till the kick off.

the thing is if we see a game in or out the field.
    then it is easier to pick.

Denmark 18
    Sweden 15
    Portugal 13
    Hungary 13

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-18-14 at 03:32 PM. Reason: bad paste

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

No its not fixed, belive me Denmark wants to win this one but I think they are a bit offensive (4-3-3) and they cant keep that up in 90 mins so take Under 2.5 and Sweden DnB. (I´m Swedish btw ) Correct score 0-1 Sweden scored in the 78th minute..

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

even that 2-2 wasnt fixed in my oppinion, i doubt this will be

LinWin
    LinWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not true that they fixed the result of the
    Also, it's not true that they are more than friends..
    Both teams will want to win this.

I'm danish so I do have some knowledge of this :-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-18-14 at 03:31 PM.
    Points Awarded:

ZXCVBNM gave LinWin 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

FooFighters
    FooFighters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

fixed? lol

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

The draw definitely holds the value call, from a situational standpoint

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighters View Post
    fixed? lol
    Just mad Italians that dont want to blame their team so they seek out something else to blame..

tullamore21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LinWin View Post
    It's not true that they fixed the result of the 2004 game.
    Also, it's not true that they are more than friends..
    Both teams will want to win this.

I'm danish so I do have some knowledge of this :-)
    If you say that the game was not fixed, then you just didn' t so that game, you might didn't watch that competition too. it makes me sicl when i hear this side talking of a clear result... come on guys, everybody knew that. Italy was angry, but you have to admit that Trapatoni didn't wanted further research of that game, so they left the competition without complaining.

you are danish and you cannot admit that thing, m8? sorry to hear that, we talk about football, i am Greek but i know that the Greeks were more than lucky that year and won the tournament (Athens '04 was coming)... understand what i m saying, right?

and dont tell me that you are not cooperating in a socio-economic...

LinWin
    LinWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tullamore, in this country we don't fix games. The game in ended 2-2 with
    both sides playing attacking football. How do you fix such a game ? They all agreed
    beforehand on 2 goals each ? Come on now.. Is that how you do it in Greece ? :-)

InThisMoment
    hello
    InThisMoment's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems a bit different scenario this time around with neither team guaranteed of anything based on the points. Obviously neither team can lay down and a draw doesn't guarantee them anything based on goal differential.

The kickoff is 45 minutes before the Portugal-Hungary game as well so they will not have that info.

The one I would watch for is the Portugal-Malta game at the end. Assuming Portugal is sitting on 16 points, and quite possibly Sweden at 16 as well if they draw, then it comes down to goal differential.

Malta is already pretty bad and seeing how small a country they are the powerful Portuguese federations could make some "arrangements", cough cough, to see that they win by a pretty wide margin (enough to make the difference in the tiebreaker).

Of course all of this is moot if Sweden wins and/or Portugal loses/draws.

Then again, Hungary still controls their own destiny as well.

tullamore21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LinWin View Post
    Tullamore, in this country we don't fix games. The game in ended 2-2 with
    both sides playing attacking football. How do you fix such a game ? They all agreed
    beforehand on 2 goals each ? Come on now.. Is that how you do it in Greece ? :-)

so you say it was a devilish coincidence
    Fisrt of all these things happen here in Greece, these things happen in Italy, as i know, these things happen everywhere.
    Have you just land earth my friend?
    (from Wikipedia)
    Prior to the June 22, -game, the group C standings were as shown in the table to the right. Simultaneously with the game, Bulgaria faced Italy.
    With the tiebreaker after points being the matches between the tied teams, and Sweden playing 1-1 and Denmark 0-0 with Italy, a 2-2 tie or higher would send both Sweden and Denmark through to the quarter finals, putting both Denmark and Sweden at five points, and leaving Italy with one goal from the tied matches versus Denmark's two and Sweden's three, regardless of the Italian side's efforts. In any other case - a non-draw or a draw with fewer than four goals between the Scandinavian sides, Italy would qualify with a victory over Bulgaria.
    After a 28th-minute-opener by Jon Dahl Tomasson, Henrik Larsson equalised on a penalty shortly after the break. Tomasson brought Denmark one up again in the 66th minute, but just minutes before the final whistle equalised for Sweden to make up the final score of 2-2.
    The Italian side, meanwhile, had beaten Bulgaria by 2-1 on a goal in the fourth minute of stoppage time, which would have sent them through, had Denmark and Sweden not drawn. This caused an uproar within the Italian team, with goalkeeper and Italian football federation presidentboth accusing the Danish and Swedish team for [1] However then-Italian manager said that he nor the federation would protest against the result. UEFA did not investigate the case.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-18-14 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

tullamore21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by InThisMoment View Post
    Seems a bit different scenario this time around with neither team guaranteed of anything based on the points. Obviously neither team can lay down and a draw doesn't guarantee them anything based on goal differential.

The kickoff is 45 minutes before the Portugal-Hungary game as well so they will not have that info.

The one I would watch for is the Portugal-Malta game at the end. Assuming Portugal is sitting on 16 points, and quite possibly Sweden at 16 as well if they draw, then it comes down to goal differential.

Malta is already pretty bad and seeing how small a country they are the powerful Portuguese federations could make some "arrangements", cough cough, to see that they win by a pretty wide margin (enough to make the difference in the tiebreaker).

Of course all of this is moot if Sweden wins and/or Portugal loses/draws.

Then again, Hungary still controls their own destiny as well.
    well Hungary has no luck to proceed and my analysis is on Portugal 2 wins and not only victories, scoring many goals. This is the spot i start thinking...

tullamore21
    Update your status

Well the matter goes somewhere else and we are here to discuss about the comin fixture, so i just wanted to say that these two countries fixed a game some years before, so they can do it again. The thing is that none of them is secured with any result. So the "fixing" might be only bad faith perceptions. I am a one of those who believe that they will finish that game satisfied, whatever that means.
    it is only my opinion, i do not dislike scandinavians, i love Sweden, i have spent more than 5 summers in Hallonberg and Solna, in Stockholm.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't see the friends angle. If anything this would be a Scandinavian rivalry. Qualifying for the world cup is the only thing that matters to Denmark here. They'll be focused on winning. Things may change during the game. If the game is tied late then both teams may settle for the draw. So if I was going to bet the draw, I would at least wait until halftime.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

draw

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    draw
    Yup