olemissbydamn
    olemissbydamn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why shouldn't I?

Jump all over Spain at -103 ML against France U20?

Looks too good to be true, and when that happens, it usually is. However, Spain is clearly the best team in the field and France has not looked very strong. I'm very confused why they are not a bigger favorite. I don't watch U20's that much so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Because France is the 2nd favs in this tournament. This is a youth tournament so anything can happen. Just look at the recent tournaments, you have teams like Costa Rica, Morocco, Hungary and Nigeria going all the way to the final 4. This will never happen in the seniors tournament for at least the next 2-3 WC.

olemissbydamn

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Because France is the 2nd favs in this tournament. This is a youth tournament so anything can happen. Just look at the recent tournaments, you have teams like Costa Rica, Morocco, Hungary and Nigeria going all the way to the final 4. This will never happen in the seniors tournament for at least the next 2-3 WC.
    So that being said, who is everyone getting on? Are you on France because of what you said? Could be some value there if you have a hunch the French pull it out. I see at worst a draw but as we see Spain plays very well with a lead so all they need to do is get one by the keeper and then play possession.

vasilli07

Nope, I'm not betting on this game, looking at Nigeria pk or Ghana pk instead.

Spain have already qualified, just need a point to finish top. France is also looking at a point to finish 2nd. Both teams will be happy if this match ends in a draw.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Nope, I'm not betting on this game, looking at Nigeria pk or Ghana pk instead.

Spain have already qualified, just need a point to finish top. France is also looking at a point to finish 2nd. Both teams will be happy if this match ends in a draw.
    This: both teams would be happy with a draw. I would consider u2.5 instead. The 2nd round matches have been pretty low-scoring affairs compared to the 1st round.

olemissbydamn

I see y'alls point but also these are young kids, they have not yet matured to that point IMO, even though some play for club teams and understand that getting out of the group on top, 2nd, etc, is important. Country pride also comes into play here and Spain will want to continue to show their dominance and not leave any question in anyone's mind about who is the best. I'm going to put a small bet down on Spain just to make the bet interesting, not going o/u on this one though because you never know how it could end up, although I tend to agree with you about the second round matches being low scoring.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by olemissbydamn View Post
    I see y'alls point but also these are young kids, they have not yet matured to that point IMO, even though some play for club teams and understand that getting out of the group on top, 2nd, etc, is important. Country pride also comes into play here and Spain will want to continue to show their dominance and not leave any question in anyone's mind about who is the best. I'm going to put a small bet down on Spain just to make the bet interesting, not going o/u on this one though because you never know how it could end up, although I tend to agree with you about the second round matches being low scoring.
    20-year olds are more mature in Europe than you might think. Most of these dudes already have big contracts so do not want to get injured in a meaningless game. That being said you probably have a point: France did look pretty bad vs USA and Spain is a favorite. France actually keeps the 2nd place even with a low-scoring loss.

olemissbydamn

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    20-year olds are more mature in Europe than you might think. Most of these dudes already have big contracts so do not want to get injured in a meaningless game. That being said you probably have a point: France did look pretty bad vs USA and Spain is a favorite. France actually keeps the 2nd place even with a low-scoring loss.
    Yeah I guess I don't know Europe all that well, and they could be more mature than I made them out to be in the previous post. I still think pride in their countries still comes into play, which is why I think this will be a good game. They could always end up meeting up with each other in the later stages, so I think for Spain it's important to set a precedent.

frugalgambler

Yeah I guess I don't know Europe all that well, and they could be more mature than I made them out to be in the previous post. I still think pride in their countries still comes into play, which is why I think this will be a good game. They could always end up meeting up with each other in the later stages, so I think for Spain it's important to set a precedent.
    You might be right, but I do not see a clear edge here unfortunately. What about USA - Ghana ? I think USA might have a good chance for an upset and I would also consider o2.5 here. Both teams need a win.

olemissbydamn

I may be a homer but I like the USA in this. They are an undervalued after getting annihilated by Spain, but picked up some steam with a France draw. I think either USA wins or it is a draw, so I may wait for the morning games to finish up before I decide what do pick/how much to put on it. I took Nigeria in the morning so we will see how that goes. Too much juice for any favorable bet on Portugal / Cuba, should be pretty one sided with the way Portugal is playing, having arguably the best player in the tournament. USA has some good value in +180 so if Nigeria can pull it out I may put something on it. I put a small bet on Spain like I said, the juice is nonexistent and I just have a good feeling about it. Then on to the Confed Cup!

frugalgambler

I may be a homer but I like the USA in this. They are an undervalued after getting annihilated by Spain, but picked up some steam with a France draw. I think either USA wins or it is a draw, so I may wait for the morning games to finish up before I decide what do pick/how much to put on it. I took Nigeria in the morning so we will see how that goes. Too much juice for any favorable bet on Portugal / Cuba, should be pretty one sided with the way Portugal is playing, having arguably the best player in the tournament. USA has some good value in +180 so if Nigeria can pull it out I may put something on it. I put a small bet on Spain like I said, the juice is nonexistent and I just have a good feeling about it. Then on to the Confed Cup!
    I will probably take Cuba +2.5. As for Nigeria/S. Korea, tough to read for me. I would not underestimate Koreans: well-organized and can score. I might take o2.5 instead. Again, no clear edge unfortunately. I won today betting on Iraq pk and Uzbekistan to draw, b/c a lot of people were underestimating those teams. Do not see a similar edge for tomorrows games.

olemissbydamn

I lost on England ML, Croatia ML, but won on the over in Iraq game and my big bet which was Uruguay +1.5. Really thought England would bounce back and they blew a few easy chances, as well as gave up a dumb penalty. Thought Croatia would be a little more energized after beating Uruguay, but I was wrong about that apparently. First day to lose more than I won in the U20, hope it's not a continuing trend.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

im on this too! ill have a crack dont really trust Underclubs but i do know france tied with usa at home, and usa arent that strong of a team. BOL

vasilli07

The WC host is Turkey so France didn't play at home.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

i think the french team as a whole isnt that great but they have some individual players that are world class such as pogba and co and they are very reliant on them to create opportunities, still wouldnt be surprised if they pull off a draw

olemissbydamn

Nigeria gooooaaaalllllll

olemissbydamn

Spain is the first to strike! They started off a little shaky but since then have controlled the game and just put one in off some fancy dribbling and a good pass.

frugalgambler

Spain is the first to strike! They started off a little shaky but since then have controlled the game and just put one in off some fancy dribbling and a good pass.
    Congrats buddy. USA looked very bad even against Ghana.

olemissbydamn

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Congrats buddy. USA looked very bad even against Ghana.
    Yeah, luckily I just ended up taking the over in that game + Nigeria ML also. Really struggled with the USA pick but I didn't feel right taking them knowing Ghana was a good side.

frugalgambler

Yeah, luckily I just ended up taking the over in that game + Nigeria ML also. Really struggled with the USA pick but I didn't feel right taking them knowing Ghana was a good side.
    I did not go big on team USA and at halftime parlayed Ghana+Spain ML, so it worked out OK. Got any leans for tomorrow ? I think Turkey ML at -183 might be an interesting proposition, a bit juicy though.

olemissbydamn

I usually look more into it in the mornings, the Mali/Mexico matchup will be one to look at for sure. Paraguay/Greece too. Ill look in the morning and probably get some thoughts on some of my leans I'd like to keep my positive record in U20 alive

olemissbydamn

For the early games I decided on DRAW Paraguay/Greece +160, o2.5 Paraguay/Greece -184, and Mexico ML -131. Also went with Degerfors in Superettan +139, just tailing that guy who looks to be pretty hot right now with his Swedish football picks here (hope I don't jinx him). BOL to everyone betting today, I'm not super confident one way or another the card today is one of the more difficult ones to predict.

olemissbydamn

Early goal by Mexico lets keep it up!

olemissbydamn

2-0 Mexico, VAMOSSSS

vasilli07

I will answer your question here. I don't think Greece is a favourite in this tournament. The 3 favs in order are Spain, France and Colombia.

Your Greece-Paraguay draw looking good now. With Mexico winning, both teams will be satisfied with a draw.

olemissbydamn

Well after the two goals anything but a draw kills me on both bets in this one (under + draw). So rooting for a really boring game from here on out.

frugalgambler

Well after the two goals anything but a draw kills me on both bets in this one (under + draw). So rooting for a really boring game from here on out.
    The ending was anything but boring. But good calls again ! I decided to just tail you so thanks ! Any leans for the later two matches ?

olemissbydamn

All of the bets for the afternoon are pretty juicy, so I decided to parlay Turkey ML with o2.5 in the El Salvador/Colombia game to reduce juice to even. The fact that I can't find too many reasons to worry about these is worrying me, but we will see how it goes. Would be great to win all of my U20's today. BOL.

olemissbydamn

Degerfors goal right before halftime!

olemissbydamn

Finally after all of Colombia's attacking goal breaks through! Head and shoulders above El Salvador should score at least 2 more.

2-0 Colombia!! Clear penalty after striker dragged down in box.
    Last edited by olemissbydamn; 06-28-13 at 01:25 PM.

olemissbydamn

Degerfors 2-1!!! Thanks to jontebond he's been on a roll I take no credit for that pick.

olemissbydamn

No way. No freaking way. I just had to delete the post I typed up saying how I didn't think in a million years the over would be the side of the parlay not to hit. I was extremely fortunate in these second round of games. A late Turkey goal in the 87th then a miracle of a cover in the 93rd minute (last minute of stoppage time) in the Colombia game to hit the over. Both games of my parlay covered with less than 5 minutes total to play.

Puts me undefeated on the day in bets. A perfect 6-0, with two of those games being parlayed together. Best day of soccer betting since U20 WC started. AWESOME.

frugalgambler

No way. No freaking way. I just had to delete the post I typed up saying how I didn't think in a million years the over would be the side of the parlay not to hit. I was extremely fortunate in these second round of games. A late Turkey goal in the 87th then a miracle of a cover in the 93rd minute (last minute of stoppage time) in the Colombia game to hit the over. Both games of my parlay covered with less than 5 minutes total to play.
    Puts me undefeated on the day in bets. A perfect 6-0, with two of those games being parlayed together. Best day of soccer betting since U20 WC started. AWESOME.
    Luck was on your and our side ! Turkey also scored a very lucky goal near the end. Congrats and keep posting.

olemissbydamn

No kidding! The toughest card of the week IMO turned out to be the most profitable thus far. Just browsing the card for tomorrow I'm liking England (they've played like shit but it's a Mexico situation like today IMO), and I think there is some value with Uzbekistan as an underdog, though not sure yet. I also like the idea of parlaying Croatia with something to get the juice down, but need to look into that some more also.

vasilli07

I'm leaning to England too but they are so unpredictable and horrible. 16 years, 15 matches without a win in this competition.

12 Last