clubgowi
    clubgowi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Jordan v Oman - WCQ 2014

Jordan v Oman

I was originally interested in Jordan for their home World Cup qualifier with Oman, the hosts need to win to keep their hopes alive, but things have not been going their way recently and the more I think about this match, the harder and more open it looks. Firstly, they suffered that heavy 4-0 defeat to Australia last week, which was hardly good for their confidence, they did lose 6-0 in Japan and then bounce back to win at home to Australia in their next group game, but there was over three months between games and time for the mental scars to heal. Now they have just seven days to recover from that, in addition to the circa 32 hours of air travel to Melbourne and back, with seven time zones in each direction!

They are also without left back and most experienced outfield player with 118 caps Basem Fathi, central defender Aanas Bani Yaseen (58 apps) and 22 yo right winger Khalil Baniateyah (33 app - 6 goals). Which means they are missing their two senior defenders and weaker on both flanks.

Oman had a free week last week and a full 14 days to prepare and focus on this since the 1-0 defeat of Iraq. They look far better organised now under French coach Paul Le Guen who has been in charge for just over two years and they are disciplined defensively, although they will not be able to get away with some of the tactics they employed in that last win. Having said that, if any of them are touched (if the scoreline is favourable of course), they will go down as if shot and stay there for as long as possible. All players were given a massive financial bonus for beating Iraq, I guess it would be similar for a good result today and probably mind blowing if they were to actually make it to Brazil.

The visitors remain without goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi, who is top quality, but his replacement Faiz Al Rushaidi, despite my misgivings, did perfectly well in the last game. Le Guen is also missing suspended left back Hassan Mudhafar (106 apps-6 goals... most capped player) and centre back Abdulsallam Amur (22-1). They do get star striker Imad Al Hosni (29 goals from 96 apps) back and he will give them a greater offensive threat.

It is easy to feel that Oman will play for a draw, but they were offensive and led 2-0 ( ended 2-2) against Australia in their last away game and it seems unlikely that Jordan will wait too long before gambling. Both teams are missing absolutely key defenders and look vulnerable at the back. Jordan have beaten both Japan and Australia here, so will take confidence from that, but have yet to keep a cleansheet and have conceded a group high 16 goals at this stage (Oman are next highest with 9) and they are clearly happier on the front foot and that is when full strength, today they are weaker at the back and on both flanks. I do feel goals are likely today.

Over 2 goals

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Pounded this earlier. Good luck

clubgowi
    clubgowi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Thanks swordsandtequila, we took it at 1.94 but it's come in a bit since then.

stemellor
    stemellor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks both - on this as well for 3 units.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Well that blew.