Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Rangers vs Celtic

Rangers vs Celtic

Over 2.5 +110 is looking good to me. These are the odds I got on Bookmaker.

Rangers potentially missing Bougherra and Thomson, 2 big losses for us, Bougherra is an important defender for us while Thomson also works hard and wins a fair amount of possession in midfield so without these 2 it could be a more open game.

Rangers have been poor in the SPL recently with three consecutive 0-0 draws but make no mistake about it the Old Firm derby is entirely different. We conceded 4 goals vs Sevilla in our last game so our defence is leaky but I'm backing us to score against a Celtic team who have also had some poor results in Europe and conceded 2 goals vs a poor St Johnstone side earlier this year. Rangers will also rise to the occasion and lift their game from previous weeks so I can see them scoring here as the majority of the Rangers starting eleven are actually fans of the club and hate Celtic with a passion. Tony Mowbray, Celtic manager, is also known for his attacking, passing football so I believe this Old Firm derby will be more open than ones in previous years.

I think Over 2.5 is good value here, 3 goals or more being scored is more than 50% likely here so I'm taking the odds of +110 here.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

over 2.5 ?? i dont think so dude, the old firm usually ends 1-0

Sportslover

Quote Originally Posted by mihaita666 View Post
    over 2.5 ?? i dont think so dude, the old firm usually ends 1-0
    I'm a Rangers fan, Rangers are my number 1 passion in sports and I can tell you that I'm confident of a few goals being scored today. I detailed some reasons in my original post on this thread.

Anyway, Rangers up 1-0 after the first 7 minutes, loving it! Went absolutely mental when Kris Boyd played the ball in behind for Kenny Miller who slotted the ball home to make it 1-0 against our most hated rivals!

And, just as I'm writing this message, Kenny Miller scores again to make it 2-0! Absolutely brilliant! Rangers doing well and my bet looking decent thus far.

In any case, I wasn't saying this bet was a definate winner, I cap soccer games, I bet the same amount on each game and rely on getting a certain winning percentage to be profitable. As long as I hit that percentage in the long term over a season, then I'm happy.

Enjoy the game! I am!

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I took the under..

Sportslover

Well folks, the Over 2.5 +110 bet has won already and less than 30 minutes of the match has been played.

Congrats to all those who backed the Over 2.5.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Sportslover, I need some encouraging words...

Dashwood Clipper
    Dashwood Clipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Good call

Sportslover

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Sportslover, I need some encouraging words...
    I'm not sure what to say......

But just remember that a loss is not the end of the world, if you treat every play as equal, set yourself a winning percentage you feel you can attain and bet the appropriate odds, then you'll be successful in the long term. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashwood Clipper View Post
    Good call
    Cheers.

PortsDave
    PortsDave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3946

Great call Sportslover and a great result for the wee Bears, I love to see Rangers beat Celtic.

Sportslover

Quote Originally Posted by PortsDave View Post
    Great call Sportslover and a great result for the wee Bears, I love to see Rangers beat Celtic.
    Thanks, I was delighted to see us beat our old rivals today, winning against Celtic is always a special feeling.

Its an important win for Rangers as we now move back to within 1 point of the top of the table.

Hopefully you can experience a good result yourself today, with Liverpool picking up a victory against Chelsea. I've got a few friends in Liverpool actually and hopefully I'll be over there visiting in 2010.