Dan Tan the master Fixer

ran into this article today ,
    pretty good read i thought
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/sp...anted=all&_r=0

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

He is the one whose name is known. But there are 20-30 guys like him in Asia. One of his guys, Wilson Raj Perumal was fixing nearly every game of RoPS in Finland. Rajendran Kurusamy was the leading fixer in the 90s, right now it is Dan Tan (Eng Tan Seet).
    http://www.howtofixasoccergame.com might be interesting for you, too.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont forget Ante Sapina - our representative for Europe, for match fixing.
    I think his brother was involved too - Pretty sure both have done time and I read somewhere one of them was quoted as saying he can fix from prison.
    Epic.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Dont forget Ante Sapina - our representative for Europe, for match fixing.
    I think his brother was involved too - Pretty sure both have done time and I read somewhere one of them was quoted as saying he can fix from prison.
    Epic.
    Well, honestly you can def forget about the Sapinas. They are small time criminals who did a bad job with (compared to the Asians) small amounts of money. In comparison to the Pros, their matches were poorly fixed. These guys are more like sacrificial lambs to show the world: Hey look, we got them, we are doing something. But in reality they are doing shit against this.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Hey Im not saying who is the better fixer haha, Im just throwing a name out there as its on topic.
    At the time, it was a big deal.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/8805137.stm

Industrial scale, 100,000 euro bets.....

"They say that Sapina bet millions of euros on fixed games and that many of those bets were placed by a company called Samvo, based just off the Hangar Lane Gyratory System in West London."

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

I dont get it. whats that got to do with Sapina.
    You said hes "small time", I replied... then this?
    You are betting those?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

I dont get it. whats that got to do with Sapina.
    You said hes "small time", I replied... then this?
    You are betting those?
    Nah sorry man, that had nothing to do with what you said, was just a funny sidenote.

Yeah, the Sapinas were betting millions. No doubt. Ante even said his volume @ SBO alone was up to 20 million € in one month (september 05). But on the other hand volume doesn't mean winnings. In busy months I myself can reach 6 figures volume in a month. So 20 million sounds massive at first, but really isn't. IBC f.e. alone has 45 billion € volume in a year. On the CL-Final this year they have a volume of ~65 million €. "Paul" a famous betting agent in Singapur has a volume of ~420 million € per month. So yeah, the Sapinas were not that small, but nonetheless small. And you have to keep in mind, that the bets were not made by the 2 Sapinas alone. They were not acting alone (in fact I absolutely doubt that they even were the heads behind their bets...), there are a lot of other guys involved like Marijo C, etc.
    Samvo messed up, yeah. But that's what I expect from Frank Chan, who is more or less a marionette pretending to run a clean business while in fact being the method to get dirty money into the industry.

Biggest problem I had and have with the whole Sapina/Hoyzer thing is: Hoyzer had to spend time in prison, but in fact he should be considered a hero. He went to the police telling them there are massive syndicates in Europe and the whole world that are fixing games. He gave them names and everything. Yet he was the only one to spend time behind bars. No player, no official, no man of a syndicate was ever sentenced. And that's where we reach a point where you have to ask why.... If they had heard what Hoyzer had to say, it would have been possible to prevent the second wave of manipulation in Germany (2008/09). Sapina came out of prison and continued his business with the asians like he did before. And Hoyzer said exactly what and how things were happening. His life was ruined by this and only his, no other persons were affected.

The real heads behind things are very few people (in Asia) and this whole thing works like a franchise. The football world is separated in franchises, one for Bulgaria, one for Lithuania, one for Albania, one for England, one for Germany, one for Malta and so on.

Have you heard of the FIF Pro? That's the head organisation for professional footballplayers in Europe. There was a survey made in january 2012. They asked 3300 players from all leagues. 10(!) percent said they have been contacted at least once in their career by manipulators OR even manipulated themselfs! 20(!) percent said that they know that matches in their league are fixed. This thing is way bigger than we can imagine.

COLLEGEBALLGURU
    COLLEGEBALLGURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's crazy, good info zizou

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

That's what me and my friend were discussing the other day. No matter how good of a analyst/bettor you are, you wont get a full grip on this "thing" unless you know which games are being possibly fixed, and exploit the patterns set by the fixers. Sure you can gain success even without that to a certain extent, but to be fully involved in this game and know what the Fack is really going on you have to work it out somehow because although it's not blatantly obvious at time's it's still pretty visible that games are being fixed, you see it, you feel it, but you don't have any accurate info about it. It's a Facked up game this, but hmmmmm....makes you wonder...........

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by COLLEGEBALLGURU View Post
    That's crazy, good info zizou
    Yeah, it's a crazy topic and I've been interested in it for a long time. I do know quite a few things about it by now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    That's what me and my friend were discussing the other day. No matter how good of a analyst/bettor you are, you wont get a full grip on this "thing" unless you know which games are being possibly fixed, and exploit the patterns set by the fixers. Sure you can gain success even without that to a certain extent, but to be fully involved in this game and know what the Fack is really going on you have to work it out somehow because although it's not blatantly obvious at time's it's still pretty visible that games are being fixed, you see it, you feel it, but you don't have any accurate info about it. It's a Facked up game this, but hmmmmm....makes you wonder...........
    I hear you. And you are pretty right. On the one hand I love to discover a fixed game and make serious money with it, EL-Quali f.e. is an ATM for me, every year again, because it's so damn fcking easy and we know by now which teams take this Quali to make money. But then again, on the other hand: Betting would be a whole lot easier in general if absolutely all games where totally clean. And that's a fact. Not even mentioning that it's hurting the sport itself...

Akatana

Totally agree Zizou, I know this is not a really difficult question...but big-time-syndicates most likely have insider info about fixed games right? or at least have a good idea about them
    Last edited by Akatana; 05-24-13 at 04:56 PM.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    Totally agree Zizou, I know this is not a really difficult question...but big-time-syndicates most likely have insider info about fixed games right? or at least have a good idea about them
    Well, even I have a very good idea about which games (in soccer) are very likely being fixed. I could show you at least 300 games (Malta, Albania, Cyprus, Lithuania, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Italy, Spain (Segunda B and down), Latvia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, China, South-Korea - just to name the most notorious) this season alone that were clearly fixed and it was obvious that they were because of various reasons (in-play odds-changes f.e.)
    If you are talking about syndicate as in "we are a group of people that have high knowledge and are making money betting" the answer is yes/no/maybe for the first question and yes for the second.
    If we are talking about a syndicate as in "criminal mafia-like organisation" the answer is: They are the ones that are fixing the games.

Akatana

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Well, even I have a very good idea about which games (in soccer) are very likely being fixed. I could show you at least 300 games (Malta, Albania, Cyprus, Lithuania, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Italy, Spain (Segunda B and down), Latvia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, China, South-Korea - just to name the most notorious) this season alone that were clearly fixed and it was obvious that they were because of various reasons (in-play odds-changes f.e.)
    If you are talking about syndicate as in "we are a group of people that have high knowledge and are making money betting" the answer is yes/no/maybe for the first question and yes for the second.
    If we are talking about a syndicate as in "criminal mafia-like organisation" the answer is: They are the ones that are fixing the games.
    Thanks Zizou. Well i should have been more clear when i said "Syndicates", yes in fact i did mean Syndicate as in "we are a group of people that have high knowledge and are making money betting" Till now my focus has been on the analytical both quantitative and qualitative side of the game, so i have some learning to do in this corruption department lol recently i have been looking into it, as it is a must as you yourself stated to get a better grip on betting.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Canada still fixing.. these guys never fail if you catch a game with funky odds....
    This match over 3.5 was @ 1.80 pre game.
    the score 0-1 after 60 mins 3 more goals priced as low as 1.53! It was getting pounded (3 more at half time was 1.80 - still dodgy..)
    Their clubs have names such as "Serbian white eagles" "Toronto Croatia" "Astros Vaas" (Hungary)... and St Catherines Roma (They even have Romas badge lol)
    Toronto Croatia done this before...

Name:  44.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  94.1 KB

FOUR more goals after this were scored, match finishes 4-1 with 2 red cards just for jokes!
    And this isnt even a very sharp book, must have been much lower on sbo etc

Akatana

Canada still fixing.. these guys never fail if you catch a game with funky odds....
    This match over 3.5 was @ 1.80 pre game.
    the score 0-1 after 60 mins 3 more goals priced as low as 1.53! It was getting pounded (3 more at half time was 1.80 - still dodgy..)
    Their clubs have names such as "Serbian white eagles" "Toronto Croatia" "Astros Vaas" (Hungary)... and St Catherines Roma (They even have Romas badge lol)
    Toronto Croatia done this before...

Name:  44.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  94.1 KB

FOUR more goals after this were scored, match finishes 4-1 with 2 red cards just for jokes!
    And this isnt even a very sharp book, must have been much lower on sbo etc
    Boy, i was on this on ladbrokes last night hahahahahahah, was waiting to see what happen's just before the half-time toronto went 0-1 down, all of a sudden the odd's got so good on them for the ML 13/8 LMFAO i took it and after that, they freerolled. Crazy chit , dodgy as hell though lol, but at the end of the day it was a normal pattern for this match. the only thing that pissed me off was why i didnt make more money on it, but considering the pre-game ML which was @ 1.25 n then getting 13/8 was lovely on itself lol.
    Last edited by Akatana; 05-27-13 at 07:53 AM.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Normal pattern? Its fixed... It all came out last year but it hasnt stopped them it seems. The Sapinas were linked also, hes Croat (Toronto Croatia..)

Another game last night the score was 1-1 between Waterloo and Burlington (both newish clubs). Waterloo were favs at 1.44 pre game, not huuge favs but still strong..At half time they are now 1.15 favs with the score still 1-1....
    72nd min the game is still 1-1 but Waterloo are still 1.15!!..... in the last 18 mins Burlington take a 1-2 lead ...only for the Waterloo to score 3 goals in the last 14 and take the match 4-2

They get away with it because the league is so amateur that any scenario can be justified by the nature of the league. (joke/small league)
    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...345/story.html