JohnGalt
    JohnGalt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tuesday's Carling Cup

Looking at the Carling Cup on Tuesday. Liverpool vs. Arsenal for the second time in just a few days. Arsenal won the FA Cup match of course, and on the road. Liverpool installed as a 1/2 ball favorite on the Asian Handicap. Most will look at that and think they should back Arsenal, especially since they just beat Liverpool away from home just a few days ago. However, it may not be so cut and dry. Waiting on information and may post a tip for this match later.

MBS

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very interesting matchup. I would expect Liverpool to prevail in this one.

JohnGalt

No tip for Carling Cup.

FA Cup tip: Reading -3/4 ball

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Everything I know about soccer would fit in a very small thimble with ample room left over. But I do always pull for the Scousers

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

A historic night at Anfield. Liverpool 3 - Arsenal 6 the final score in regular time. I wish every football game was like that, except for the two injuries of course.

Arsenal's young talent promises a great future for the club, maybe even a European title in a few years.

Hadn't seen that powerful play of Baptista in a long time, since his Sevilla days two years ago, the galactic graveyard for football talent R. Madrid to blame of course, i really missed that.

The Beast is back, hell yeah!

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

'A busy night for the statisticians':

'Last night's defeat might have been hard to take, but Liverpool fans may find the smallest crumb of comfort in the fact that in the past it has been much, much worse.

Liverpool's worst defeat in any competition was by 9-1, away to Birmingham in December 1954; bubbling under that disaster are an 8-0 defeat at Huddersfield and 8-1 away to Arsenal, both in 1934-35.

Worryingly, though, when the Reds lose big they tend to lose big again. On November 28 1914 they lost 6-3 at home to Aston Villa, then lost the return on April 3 1915 6-2. On October 26 1929 Liverpool lost 6-1 at home to Manchester City, and on April 19 Sunderland set a record when they won 6-0 at Anfield.'

'Rafael Benítez's men have nine home games left this season, unless they beat Barcelona in the Champions League. That schedule includes Arsenal again, on March 31.'

JohnGalt

Another win posted here. 30.5 win / 11 lost over the last two months. Our information is proving to be the very best available. Click on forum name for more info.

JohnGalt

Saturday, February 3

England: Premiere League
    Bolton -1/4 over Watford

Click on forum name for more info.