slimstevie
    slimstevie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Neymar joining Messi at Barca

“@GetFootballNews: Sky Italia reports that Santos and Barça have reached an agreement for the transfer of Neymar: €92m. [@Milanello]”

“@Milanello: Santos and Barça still need to discuss when Neymar will move - either this summer or after the World Cup next year. [Sky Italia]”

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Barca need better defenders rather than an attacker. Puyol is getting old while Pique has been poor for his standard.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Only about 5 teams in the world can afford him, Barca getting him would in part take away him joining RM or a CL rival. Good move if true, probably get the money back in two years from just the CL tv money alone.

Interesting to see if he moves before or after the WC. my money is on after, wc in brasil is once in a career event, playing in brasil would help him prepare better imo.

jules11
    WHY ALWAYS ME
    jules11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3075

I don't trust skysports italia

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Santos is very weak this season, probably Neymar will leave soon, i am not sure if he will be the next Ronaldinho or the next Robinho playing in Europe, 92m is a lot of money for him.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    Santos is very weak this season, probably Neymar will leave soon, i am not sure if he will be the next Ronaldinho or the next Robinho playing in Europe, 92m is a lot of money for him.

Exactly my thoughts.... However: Every year he stays in Brazil is waisted. He should have been in Europe a few years earlier. There was a time when young players from Brazil were joining a club like Eindhoven, Ajax, Paris St. Germain (not the Paris from now), etc. Small leagues for 1 or 2 years to get used to the more physical and faster way of football over here. Today these players always make the same mistake: they are joining one of the really BIG clubs way to early. Look what happened to guys like Romario, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, and take a look what happened with guys like Robinho, Keirrison etc....

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

as talented as he is I don't think he will be able to make the transaction to Europe. I am almost inclined to say he is overrated as he no doubt has talent the and the ball technique however he will never reach the potential people think he has meaning a top 5-10 player in the world. As far as the move if it happens its a huge mistake on Barca's part. Their defense will no doubt be in decline and they need to start investing in some young talent both on the backs and the center of the defense.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

zizou - sadly that transition will almost NEVER happen again in this day and age IMO. Not with the social media, internet hype, sponsors and 100 handlers/advisers/agents at the disposal of the south american "stars". Also the rise of the super (rich) clubs eliminates much of the destination for these players, hype them up and everyone cashes in on a transfer. I wouldnt call Robinho a failure, the kid played for RM and Milan, top 10 clubs in the history of the game and had a small role in the history during the rise of MCFC.

easyliving - understand the case for changes elsewhere but if you ever take a expensive risk at forming something special this would be it, neymar and messi arguably two of the top 10 players out there at the moment.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

This guys can't play in England, but would be fun to watch! He is around 115 lbs

brunofortes
    brunofortes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 911

neymar, of course, is a good player
    but he is overrated.. lol at 92mm !!!!!!!!
    football in brazil is horrible.. and he (along with santos) cant even crush teams that would not even be on segunda division B

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah massively over-rated

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by brunofortes View Post
    football in brazil is horrible.. and he (along with santos) cant even crush teams that would not even be on segunda division B
    You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Football in Brazil is top notch, and only getting better as the clubs are making more and more money. segunda B? Take any top flight spanish team other than Barca or Real Madrid (and maybe Atletico if Falcao is in the lineup) and put them on a neutral field against Atletico Miniero, Gremio, Fluminense, Sao Paulo, or the WORLD CHAMPION Corinthians, and see what the closing betting line would be. Are you stupid enough to think Valladolid would be favored over any of the Brazilian clubs I mentioned on a neutral field with something on the line?

It's also nice to watch attacking football in a league where during a 38 game regular season, there are actually more than 2 or 3 teams that have a chance when it starts.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post

Exactly my thoughts.... However: Every year he stays in Brazil is waisted.
    What is wasted (no i) about playing in your home country, getting paid well to play, and playing in a great competitive league where you are a mega-star and get endorsements out the arse?

Fact is, more and more players are leaving European clubs to play in Brazil, as the league is generating a lot more money these days.

No denying, the cream of the crop go to the top 10 clubs in the world, which are in Europe, but Europe isn't for everyone, and a lot of great players who choose to stay in South America with their families, an environment where they're happy, and still get paid very well as they play competitive football is hardly a "waste".

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Football in Brazil is top notch, and only getting better as the clubs are making more and more money. segunda B? Take any top flight spanish team other than Barca or Real Madrid (and maybe Atletico if Falcao is in the lineup) and put them on a neutral field against Atletico Miniero, Gremio, Fluminense, Sao Paulo, or the WORLD CHAMPION Corinthians, and see what the closing betting line would be. Are you stupid enough to think Valladolid would be favored over any of the Brazilian clubs I mentioned on a neutral field with something on the line?

It's also nice to watch attacking football in a league where during a 38 game regular season, there are actually more than 2 or 3 teams that have a chance when it starts.
    You are absolutely right! Brazilian teams are good, they aren't in the same level of the giants of Europe but clubs like: São Paulo, Corinthians, Inter, Gremio and Atlético Mineiro are better than 70% of the clubs you see in any championship around the world.

Ganda
    Ganda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Neymar should consider coming to Deportivo, we make Brazilian legends. Period.

Ganda

He's going to be the best player in the world, anyone who doubts him is either jealous, Argentinean, or doesn't have a clue about football, if and I mean if he joins Barca, game over Messi's crown is taken.

Ganda

All I'm saying is Riki, Valeron, Neymar sound good? Ha ok I should stop this pipe dream now LOL