SilviuR
    SilviuR's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on small odds

Hi all,

What do you think about betting a large sum of money on very small odds.
    I'm thinking about live betting on 1X, X2, draw no bet, where the odds aren't bigger than 1.15. So if I have a bank of 1000 units, I would place 250 ( or 25%) per bet. I believe that once the best team is leading, they can't lose the game anymore ( the best team is the one that has better odds at minute 0 and has good stats through the game)

Did anyone tried this?

Thanks,

hundo
    hundo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2533

One loss and you wipe out a whole bunch of your BR. Plus there's a major stress factor involved watching the clock run down hoping that your team holds onto the win...

Slow and steady....

Not saying you can't make money this way, just high stress/high risk!

SilviuR

It's a 1.10 odd. How much stress can it be . I know what you're saying and you're mostly right. But I'm not hoping that my team is winning, I just hope they are not losing.

gossie
    LIFE IS TOUGH
    gossie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

this betting form is on huge risk

lots of my friends favorite on live betting LOW with super low rates

take an example: 83min 0:0 ; 1.5goals OVER 6.XX UNDER 1.0X

and finally they all lost from different ways: just like 2 scores in additional time

we have a phrase for this in here for this kind of betting:

winning a choca while losing a villa (sth like this meaning)

hundo

Quote Originally Posted by SilviuR View Post
    It's a 1.10 odd. How much stress can it be . I know what you're saying and you're mostly right. But I'm not hoping that my team is winning, I just hope they are not losing.
    Try it and you'll know the stress, haha!

Just like Gossie said, betting huge amounts to win tiny amounts....tough way to play.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

High risk, no reward. You're better off finding a dog you feel good about and betting small with big odds.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Depends on how good you are at determining if the 1.10 odds are spot-on or not. Either way you should never bet 25% of your bankroll on one bet. If you lose one with that betting amount, you won't be able to win your loss back even if you place your remaining bankroll on the next game with the same odds. Don't get greedy. Slow and steady.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Don't do it man! Like everybody said, you will lose in the long term.

SilviuR

Quote Originally Posted by Josu View Post
    Depends on how good you are at determining if the 1.10 odds are spot-on or not. Either way you should never bet 25% of your bankroll on one bet. If you lose one with that betting amount, you won't be able to win your loss back even if you place your remaining bankroll on the next game with the same odds. Don't get greedy. Slow and steady.
    I can't think of a a slower way to win money. If I randomly choose 10 games with 1.10 odds, I'm certain I won't lose more than 2 of them ( which is huge given that I bet 25% ).. But if I can find those valuable 1.10 odds, I'm certain I can get to a big winning streak ( I need 8 consecutive wins to double my 25%). So I think that if I win 12 games and then lose one, I'm still a little on profit..

hundo

I can't think of a a slower way to win money. If I randomly choose 10 games with 1.10 odds, I'm certain I won't lose more than 2 of them ( which is huge given that I bet 25% ).. But if I can find those valuable 1.10 odds, I'm certain I can get to a big winning streak ( I need 8 consecutive wins to double my 25%). So I think that if I win 12 games and then lose one, I'm still a little on profit..
    Up to you bro, start a thread and we'll track your record.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

At 1.10 odds you have to win 91% of your picks to break even, so if you lose 2 out of 10 bets you've lost money. Winning 12 games consecutively is not as easy as it looks, regardless of odds.

SilviuR

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

At 1.10 odds you have to win 91% of your picks to break even, so if you lose 2 out of 10 bets you've lost money. Winning 12 games consecutively is not as easy as it looks, regardless of odds.
    That was my point, that if I lose 2 out of 10 it's bad. I'm confident that I can go at least 12 games without a loss, but I need to spend too much time , so I get to the same point everyone is telling..just don't do it, it's too much stress / lost time. It could be useful if there could be any tools similar to betexplorer and morningbet to filter my games, but for live games ( no facebook tipsters )