Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by radlt7 View Post
    soccer is the most popular sport in the world, which is really called football but your dumbass white people copied the name(i dont know why if they hardly even touch the ball with their foot) dumb asses !

second of all you hardly ever see any soccer players involved in drug, killing, women abuse, dumb actions like suiciding like your dumbass "football" players with dead brains who are only "good" at "football" and those things ^

second of all soccer players make more money on selling shirts, commercials, sponsors, etc.
    which adds more more money than those monkeys playing "football" make

+ i dont see the nfl having more viewers than the eorld cup fucken pieces of shit!

and i dont know why they call it american football if most of the football players come from african ancesters! yet you see most of the fans are white(facepalm)
    and if it was a man sport so many players wouldnt be sueing the nfl for concussions and them getting hurt because theyre pussies and they wouldnt be wearing 50 lbs of protection
    soccer players only wear shin guards, get cut, kicked, hit, they just get up and keep playing

and last, whats the point of everytouchdown = 7 points ?
    the score would still be in their favor if it was 21-7 it would translate to 3-1
    americans just like to go against everyone and change everything
    football is pathetic and just a waist of time
    their life expectancy is about 55 yrs and it kills your brains

now go play "football" and do drugs fucken niggers
    hey you fukin moron a little jealous of American sports? you sound like an idiot. You have probably never even played soccer and if you play "football" the mans version where we hit each not slide into each other than you would get smashed and cry about it. You are the dumbest person ever, you are that guy who lets his 7 year old kid smoke cigs and drink bouse at a soccer game in some unheard of country. GTFO

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Hockey players regularly warm up with keep ups:

Steve Nash could have been a professional soccer player.

You guys underrate how coordinated these athletes are simply because they are bigger and stronger than soccer players.

I can't imagine many soccer players can skate, throw a spiral, or shoot free throws.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I can't imagine any NHL players playing in the Premier League in England or La Liga in Spain. The amount of technical skill required will be enormous for them. But yeah I can see Sydney Crosby playing soccer for a beer pub in a Canadian oil town.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I can't imagine any NHL players playing in the Premier League in England or La Liga in Spain. The amount of technical skill required will be enormous for them. But yeah I can see Sydney Crosby playing soccer for a beer pub in a Canadian oil town.
    It is far, far more conceivable to see a football, hockey, or basketball player in a soccer league than vice versa.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    hey you fukin moron a little jealous of American sports? you sound like an idiot. You have probably never even played soccer and if you play "football" the mans version where we hit each not slide into each other than you would get smashed and cry about it. You are the dumbest person ever, you are that guy who lets his 7 year old kid smoke cigs and drink bouse at a soccer game in some unheard of country. GTFO
    Go watch another rerun of a Steven seagal movie you idiot. Leave soccer alone. It is for the people with more than one brain cell to appreciate on their Saturday afternoon. I love american football and probably have more experience playing it than you do, but you're an idiot for disrespecting the highest paid athletes in the world. Soccer is an amazing sport, and it takes amazing talent to play it. Go try to play it against some experienced players and witness how worthless you are muva muka.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    It is far, far more conceivable to see a football, hockey, or basketball player in a soccer league than vice versa.
    Have you ever played soccer? I played up to collegiate level. If you think that an NHL player can suit up and starting to play soccer by passing accurately, dribbling or defending you are mistaken. Soccer in 10% running and 90% passing accurately or not passing too late so you can have your teammates offside all the time. Timing is everything.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Have you ever played soccer? I played up to collegiate level. If you think that an NHL player can suit up and starting to play soccer by passing accurately, dribbling or defending you are mistaken. Soccer in 10% running and 90% passing accurately or not passing too late so you can have your teammates offside all the time. Timing is everything.
    So you disagree with my statement? You think it's more likely a soccer player can learn how to skate, or dribble with both hands, or throw a football at a competitive level?

You must be out of your mind.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Go watch another rerun of a Steven seagal movie you idiot. Leave soccer alone. It is for the people with more than one brain cell to appreciate on their Saturday afternoon. I love american football and probably have more experience playing it than you do, but you're an idiot for disrespecting the highest paid athletes in the world. Soccer is an amazing sport, and it takes amazing talent to play it. Go try to play it against some experienced players and witness how worthless you are muva muka.
    i actually like soccer just thought it was an ignorant post for no reason. BTW I usually only watch old Jean-Claude Vandamn movies, Lionheart it a classic

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

So you disagree with my statement? You think it's more likely a soccer player can learn how to skate, or dribble with both hands, or throw a football at a competitive level?

You must be out of your mind.
    I only skated twice in my life. But the second time I fell less than the second time. If I skated every day for a few months I would do it. I play indoor soccer at a facility where they have roller hockey being played in same dimensions ring.

So to answer your question. Rooney or Ronaldo or Messi can learn how to skate very quickly and play hockey. And who knows if they get on a weight training program their bodies can absorb vicious hits. If an NHL player can be trained to play in the Premier League a soccer player of that caliber like Ronaldo can be trained to play in the NHL.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by radlt7 View Post
    soccer is the most popular sport in the world, which is really called football but your dumbass white people copied the name(i dont know why if they hardly even touch the ball with their foot) dumb asses !

second of all you hardly ever see any soccer players involved in drug, killing, women abuse, dumb actions like suiciding like your dumbass "football" players with dead brains who are only "good" at "football" and those things ^

second of all soccer players make more money on selling shirts, commercials, sponsors, etc.
    which adds more more money than those monkeys playing "football" make

+ i dont see the nfl having more viewers than the eorld cup fucken pieces of shit!

and i dont know why they call it american football if most of the football players come from african ancesters! yet you see most of the fans are white(facepalm)
    and if it was a man sport so many players wouldnt be sueing the nfl for concussions and them getting hurt because theyre pussies and they wouldnt be wearing 50 lbs of protection
    soccer players only wear shin guards, get cut, kicked, hit, they just get up and keep playing

and last, whats the point of everytouchdown = 7 points ?
    the score would still be in their favor if it was 21-7 it would translate to 3-1
    americans just like to go against everyone and change everything
    football is pathetic and just a waist of time
    their life expectancy is about 55 yrs and it kills your brains

now go play "football" and do drugs fucken niggers
    Your posts are about as rediculous as the OPs.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I only skated twice in my life. But the second time I fell less than the second time. If I skated every day for a few months I would do it. I play indoor soccer at a facility where they have roller hockey being played in same dimensions ring.

So to answer your question. Rooney or Ronaldo or Messi can learn how to skate very quickly and play hockey. And who knows if they get on a weight training program their bodies can absorb vicious hits. If an NHL player can be trained to play in the Premier League a soccer player of that caliber like Ronaldo can be trained to play in the NHL.
    You are out of your fukking mind. You don't just have to learn how to skate, you have to learn how to pass, shoot, hit, and block.

Yeah, these guys will take training programs to absorb hits. In your dreams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If you can train an NHL player to play for Real Madrid like you are suggesting you can train a Real Madrid player to play for the Maple Leafs. You have simplified how easy is for an NHL player to play in Europe's best leagues so I can't see why a pro soccer player won't make it in the NHL.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

If you can train an NHL player to play for Real Madrid like you are suggesting you can train a Real Madrid player to play for the Maple Leafs. You have simplified how easy is for an NHL player to play in Europe's best leagues so I can't see why a pro soccer player won't make it in the NHL.
    Both are totally absurd. They are the best in the world in there respective sports. Very few can be the best in more then one sport.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    Both are totally absurd. They are the best in the world in there respective sports. Very few can be the best in more then one sport.
    I agree with you. For some weird reason hockey fans think than an NHL player can show up at Real Madrid's training facility tomorrow and be ready for the El Classico on Sunday.

abzflabz
    abzflabz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

I think they were comparing them to Marathon runners from Kenya

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Quote Originally Posted by bconngemini View Post
    You have to be small to play a non-major sport that pays little money. Those who are athletic (big, strong) go into better paying sports like the NFL. No soccer league can pay as much money hence they get the smaller left over athletes.
    You are an idiot.

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Quote Originally Posted by bconngemini View Post
    Are you denying the fact that soccer doesnt pay as well as the NFL and hence the best athletes go into NFL? The highest paied soccer player in the world is David Beckham who earns 6 million a year, yet Peyton Manning (a much bigger stronger guy) gets paid 30 million. Soccer gets the scrubs athletes of the world, the small guys who couldn't compete for football, basketball or baseball money, so they have to settle for a lesser money sport.
    baseball = Babe ruth was athletic !!!

Ashikaga
    Ashikaga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey players average about 2-3 miles a game with breaks but far more contact.

Almost any player in the entire NHL (not the European fancy boys) could beat the ever loving shit out of any soccer player.

Food for thought.
    You don't know what you're talking about, a lot of great fighters only became professional fighters because they didn't make it in soccer. I'll give you a few examples....

Everyone of those guys would smash your toothless idols faces in without any effort.

To assume playing soccer means you can't fight, is idiotic beyond words. Most soccer players come from deprived background, some of them come from the worst places in the world, they know how to look after themselves, or a lot of them wouldn't be here today.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
    Everyone of those guys would smash your toothless idols faces in without any effort.

To assume playing soccer means you can't fight, is idiotic beyond words. Most soccer players come from deprived background, some of them come from the worst places in the world, they know how to look after themselves, or a lot of them wouldn't be here today.
    We are talking about world class players, not the local fukking pick up game on weekends you tool.

The funniest part of your post is Mirko Cro Cop, who everyone knows had a bunch of fixed fights in his career.

None of those guys would ever have made top level soccer leagues, just like how the best brawlers in minor league hockey don't make the majors.

It's like having to explain things to a child.
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave keyboarding 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Black+Red
    Black+Red's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    You resurrected a 3 week old thread to post this pile of bullsh*t. By your reasoning marathon runners must be the greatest athletes in the world. As I said, I like soccer, but it's obvious you've never played a contact sport in your 15 year old life if you believe your idiotic rant. Make you a deal, I'll let a professional soccer player of your choice hit me with a soccer ball from 10 yards (think free kick) if you let any 4th line NHL'er hit you with a puck from 20 yards (center ice to just behind the net). I know a few so it wouldn't be a problem setting it up, and you can wear a [/I]Then I'll let your soccer player kick me with his cleats, you let the hockey player kick you with his skate blade. Not saying it doesn't hurt, but guess who bleeds more. Then just for fun I'll huff and puff and get in a "soccer fight", you know, where we push and shove and wait for someone to hold us back, and you get in a "hockey fight", where you hold on for dear life while you get the ever lovin' sh*t beat out of you. And you don't have to wear skates. I'll even let you borrow that little stretcher to carry you off the ice, god knows I won't need it. You know, the one used by those mortally wounded divers who

But yeah, I'm the ignorant piece of sh*t.

My god, I wish my fellow Americans would just leave the sport alone. It really is a combination of fear and nationalism. They know how big it is. They know it could swallow this country whole in a matter of a couple years. But anyway, you were saying how incredibly violent hockey is and how cowardly soccer players are.

How many times do you think Sydney Crosby has had a gun waved in his face in between periods? Or been beaten with clubs by security? Or have had opposing fans pelt him with coins, batteries and bottle rockets? Or had the teams bus windows smashed out and pelted with rocks? Or even been shot for a poor performance. I've been to atleast a dozen NHL games (mostly in pittsburgh, philadelphia and DC, but also Canada. It's tame buddy and in reality it's a family sport. Big hits and hockey fights (which happen once every 3 games and the majority suck because you have no footing) WHHOOOPP DEE FREAKIN' DOOO!

Soccer players don't have to fight, their supporters will gladly do it for them and spend life in prison for it. I don't condone this, but if you want to get into a pissing match about violence, then soccer has hockey smoked. People take soccer more seriously than hockey, there is no "it's only a game." And the intensity level of a derby in say Glasgow or Istanbul is something you and 99% of the American population will never experience or understand. So just forget the sport exists.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Black+Red View Post
    Soccer players don't have to fight, their supporters will gladly do it for them and spend life in prison for it. I don't condone this, but if you want to get into a pissing match about violence, then soccer has hockey smoked. People take soccer more seriously than hockey, there is no "it's only a game." And the intensity level of a derby in say Glasgow or Istanbul is something you and 99% of the American population will never experience or understand. So just forget the sport exists.
    So the criminal tendencies of a sports' fan base is what determines the toughness of that sport?

Fukk, I think the people in this thread are getting dumber.

God bless them all.

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Wow this thread still alive lol

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I would love to see 350 lb linemen play soccer for 2 minutes and then run walk towards the sidelines for their oxygen masks.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I would love to see 350 lb linemen play soccer for 2 minutes and then run walk towards the sidelines for their oxygen masks.
    Do you really think that would be funnier than seeing Messi try to block Adrian Peterson?

While the linemen may be exhausted, Messi may actually die. Do you understand the difference between contact and non-contact sports?

How are soccer fans this fukking brain dead? Goddamn third world nations with their third world sport and third world education.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Why would you have Messi play lineman? He would either be kicking field goals or punting. You have to use Messi at a position he can excel in football.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by Black+Red View Post
    My god, I wish my fellow Americans would just leave the sport alone. It really is a combination of fear and nationalism. They know how big it is. They know it could swallow this country whole in a matter of a couple years. But anyway, you were saying how incredibly violent hockey is and how cowardly soccer players are.

How many times do you think Sydney Crosby has had a gun waved in his face in between periods? Or been beaten with clubs by security? Or have had opposing fans pelt him with coins, batteries and bottle rockets? Or had the teams bus windows smashed out and pelted with rocks? Or even been shot for a poor performance. I've been to atleast a dozen NHL games (mostly in pittsburgh, philadelphia and DC, but also Canada. It's tame buddy and in reality it's a family sport. Big hits and hockey fights (which happen once every 3 games and the majority suck because you have no footing) WHHOOOPP DEE FREAKIN' DOOO!

One word: Context. Had nothing to do with violence, or soccer players being cowardly. My post was solely in response to another numbnuts stating hockey players were pussies and not as athletic as soccer players. If you'd bothered to read my prior posts you might have noticed me stating I like soccer, I bet it more than any other sport. I like golf too, the best in the world are tremendously skilled (as are soccer players), doesn't make them great athletes. And anyone who thinks you can "teach a soccer (or footlball, basketball, baseball, cricket, whatever) player to skate" and they can compete at the level of an NHL player is f*king dumb or just wants to argue. This isn't "nationalism or fear", it's truth. Reading comprehension

Hell of a 1st post though
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 04-26-13 at 08:50 PM.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Why would you have Messi play lineman? He would either be kicking field goals or punting. You have to use Messi at a position he can excel in football.
    You had 300 lbs. men playing forward (instead of having WRs or CBs) so I don't see why I can't use an equally retarded comparison. I'm not even sure why you used football players instead of hockey players in the first place.

The problem with literally every post made by soccer fans in this thread is that they want the bias to only work in their favour. The refuse to admit soccer players are the least flexible athletes which is why they keep resorting to NHL goons and NFL linemen to support all their ridiculous examples.

I guarantee you Steve Nash would do well in soccer drills. Now you name me one soccer player who could dribble or shoot free throws at a competitive level.

I'll wait.

zebo1337
    zebo1337's Avatar Become A Pro!

No you can't, soccer players are girls. They wouldn't want to take the hit, it'd mess up their hair and they'd probably fall to the floor in agony for the refs. "NOT MY HAIR". Soccer is the weakest sport in the world, I've seen harder hits in Netball.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

and come on lets not act these 300 pound guys are out of shape nowadays these fat guys are running 4.8-5.1 which is pretty good for that size. Of course there not gonna be out there the whole game but those big guys could probably hang out on that field for about 20 minutes or so

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Soccer should shorten the field and eliminate the stupidest rule in sports, soccer offsides. It might be watchable then.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

it's because they play soccer. Your not even allowed to use your arms so there is no point in being muscular.

i mean i guess if they really wanted to , they could work out their upper body just to be able to show off at the beach...

but really you could be a great soccer player and not even have arms.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Soccer should shorten the field and eliminate the stupidest rule in sports, soccer offsides. It might be watchable then.

and eliminate these Tie games....

i love the world cup once they get to the elimination rounds. But i can't stand watching soccer if i know i could be watching them kick the ball around for 3 hours and then 3 hours later nobody even won the game. It just makes me feel like an idiot for having wasted 3 hours and nobody even won the game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Girls can play football. Just because there is no top level league for girls football it doesn't mean girls can't play it.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Girls can play football. Just because there is no top level league for girls football it doesn't mean girls can't play it.
    Just stop already.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

First 1234 Last