RainMaker_02
    RainMaker_02's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hotspurs/Newcastle Saturday 2/9

Whats everyone thinking on this game? Early odds are Tottenham -150. The Spurs are home and the race for 4th place is pretty tight. They need to net 3 goals to stay ahead of Everton. Newcastle has been in pretty good form, especially their last two games. Tottenham has been in good form all year but their last 3 matches were pretty bad...I just dont see them having another bad game. Like to get some more input on this match before I make a play on the Spurs...

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Should be a pretty solid play, but I have NOT been impressed with Tottenham as of late.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Both to score, Newcastle+1

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

I'm betting a clean sheet.
    I hate watching soccer but it's all I get at 7:00 in the morning so to make a slow boring game exciting I bet the under!
    The clean sheet for some bonus cash.
    A clean sheet is 0-0 right?

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm a die hard spurs fan, have a bad feeling about the game.

Off topic though...please don't make threads if you're not actually someone with a clue of what's going on. Seriously....hotspurs? When you can't say a team name right maybe you shouldn't make a thread acting as if you actually watch the league and know wtf is going on.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Newcastle +1asian if i had to. All depens on whether bale shows up

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post

Off topic though...please don't make threads if you're not actually someone with a clue of what's going on. Seriously....hotspurs? When you can't say a team name right maybe you shouldn't make a thread acting as if you actually watch the league and know wtf is going on.

What's the difference between Spurs & Hotspurs?

JohannesN
    JohannesN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    What's the difference between Spurs & Hotspurs?
    It's Hotspur.

As a Spurs supporter I have a bad feeling about this one. We are not playing well at the moment, but we have some players who can win the match on their own. Newcastle are in good form. I would wait until we get the starting line ups. Lewis Holtby has been influential in his sub apperances. Defoe is injured and our only other senior striker Adebayor returned yesterday from the African Cup of Nations. He did make the squad, but I don't know if he will start. His form has been poor this season, but I'd rather see Adebayor up front than a non-striker like Dempsey.

If Adebayor and Holtby starts today, I'm pretty certain Spurs will win this game.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

is this jayvegas guy for real?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

What do ya want from me?
    I don't watch soccer.
    I thought I made it clear I am here looking for advice, not to dole it out.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by JohannesN View Post
    It's Hotspur.

As a Spurs supporter I have a bad feeling about this one. We are not playing well at the moment, but we have some players who can win the match on their own. Newcastle are in good form. I would wait until we get the starting line ups. Lewis Holtby has been influential in his sub apperances. Defoe is injured and our only other senior striker Adebayor returned yesterday from the African Cup of Nations. He did make the squad, but I don't know if he will start. His form has been poor this season, but I'd rather see Adebayor up front than a non-striker like Dempsey.

If Adebayor and Holtby starts today, I'm pretty certain Spurs will win this game.
    Dempsey played full game for USA in Honduras on Wednesday night as well so not ideal for him to be starting this game

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Apparently you aren't the diehard you claim to be if its you that doesn't know the team name.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Bale is so good

sportsbc
    sportsbc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

10 unit play on Man City

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-1 Spurs...

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes

RainMaker_02
    RainMaker_02's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really hope you were not referring to me on this...Whether I put Tottenham HOTSPURS, Tottenham, Hotspur or Spurs it should have no impact on anything. I am pretty knowledgeable on the EPL. They are officially called Tottenham Hotspur or Spurs for short. I was talking in the plural sense since i was talking about the team, hence the reason I placed the "s" on the end of Hotspur. Oh and here is the official website with THEIR FULL TEAM NAME...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/index.page

Yes, is right. I won a nice chunk of change on this game...