dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Why is Danny Welbeck starting in place of Javier Hernández?

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Hernandez is a really good goal poacher, but offers very little outside of that. He's really not a good selection to start with unless you're expecting to absolutely dominate possession.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    Hernandez is a really good goal poacher, but offers very little outside of that. He's really not a good selection to start with unless you're expecting to absolutely dominate possession.
    agree ,Hernandez is a great sniper , not saying he is in the same league as Van Persie, but i really like him as a player, i think there might be some offers for him in the transfer window

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Tottenham could use a scorer like that, they have a lot of creators , few quality scorers

injury_time
    injury_time's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

two completely different players. welbeck works tirelessly on both ends of the field and is there to win balls and have rvp and/or rooney play off him. his work rate for a striker is probably #1 in the EPL but his ability in the offensive penalty area is pathetic. he's just not a finisher, at all. i'd rate him as emile heskey with better cardio....

chicharito is a classic #9, a pure finisher. don't ask him to take guys on 1v1, win balls in the air, or look to pass....just ask him to find some holes in the defense in front of goal and let him do his thing.

you can have welbeck/chicharito or welbeck/rvp on field at same time but you can't expect rvp/chicharito to play together because there's nobody to do the work defensively and collect ball in midfield, make the big runs down the wide lanes, or win the ball with back to goal.